A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:50:25 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Next Oklahoma Governor  (Read 8572 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« on: November 02, 2017, 11:26:08 am »

I'm hopeful Oklahoma doesn't continue down the same horrible path of the last two terms.

Lt. Gov. Todd Lamb continues to lead fundraising in governor's race, latest campaign reports show

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/lt-gov-todd-lamb-continues-to-lead-fundraising-in-governor/article_7ac7c3db-c2d8-5ddb-b81e-78df6d1e991f.html

OKLAHOMA CITY — Lt. Gov. Todd Lamb continues to lead in fundraising in the race for governor, but two other Republicans made huge loans to their own campaigns in an effort to keep pace, their latest reports show.

Similar large loans can be found in the reports of candidates for state labor commissioner.

Overall, through Sept. 30, candidates seeking election to statewide office or the Legislature in 2018 took in more than $10 million, the reports show. The deadline to file the latest reports was Tuesday.

Lamb took in another $626,066 in donations during the third quarter of the year, to bring his total to $2,720,112, his report shows.

Am I wrong to assume Lamb is getting considerable funding from the oil and gas lobbyists?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 07:11:17 pm »

I'm hopeful Oklahoma doesn't continue down the same horrible path of the last two terms.

Lt. Gov. Todd Lamb continues to lead fundraising in governor's race, latest campaign reports show

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/lt-gov-todd-lamb-continues-to-lead-fundraising-in-governor/article_7ac7c3db-c2d8-5ddb-b81e-78df6d1e991f.html

Am I wrong to assume Lamb is getting considerable funding from the oil and gas lobbyists?

Hey man, whatever keeps Oklahoma broke, stupid, and a plundering ground for the oil and gas biz seems to play well.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 07:34:25 am »

Hey man, whatever keeps Oklahoma broke, stupid, and a plundering ground for the oil and gas biz seems to play well.

Works every time.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 09:18:58 am »

Don't get me wrong, the oil and gas business is a major driver of the Oklahoma economy but the ultra low GPT is a complete rip off and unnecessary for that industry to thrive and create jobs in Oklahoma.  It's almost as if the legislature is being paid off to keep it low...wait...what?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 12:46:49 pm »

Don't get me wrong, the oil and gas business is a major driver of the Oklahoma economy but the ultra low GPT is a complete rip off and unnecessary for that industry to thrive and create jobs in Oklahoma.  It's almost as if the legislature is being paid off to keep it low...wait...what?

Nawwwww....that couldn't happen right here in the middle of the Bible belt...

As for their lies about how oil/gas work will go to other states if we raise the tax...  and pay the other states much higher taxes...  They know they don't even have to listen to their own carp, because no matter how stupid it sounds, this state will bobble-head and believe it.

It's as if the laws of physics were not understood in this state... oh, wait...    You have to drill and produce where the oil is located...and a lot of it is located here - can't drill for Oklahoma oil in Vermont!  But that's beyond the understanding....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 04:44:00 pm »

can't drill for Oklahoma oil in Vermont!  But that's beyond the understanding....

They are making great strides in horizontal drilling and fracking, you know.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 09:12:55 pm »

I heard Mike Ritz make a comment that they probably wouldn't raise the gas tax because "it's too hard to collect"

I just... what?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 05:48:03 pm »

I heard Mike Ritz make a comment that they probably wouldn't raise the gas tax because "it's too hard to collect"

I just... what?

Uh...

How did someone that stupid make it through med school?

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 03:50:34 pm »

Interesting mortgage banker...

https://www.stittforgovernor.com/

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/oklahoma/articles/2017-10-10/gop-candidate-for-oklahoma-governor-amasses-16m-in-quarter

Power is nothing till you use it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 04:06:33 pm »

Many of my friends/former co-workers worked for this guy when he ran Gateway Mortgage.  I've not heard anything positive or negative about him other than he's incredibly religious and tried to run the company that way.  The company I work at has owners who are very religious but they don't try and proselytize.  That's not saying Gateway did that, but I did get that impression from some former employees.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 04:37:49 pm »

Many of my friends/former co-workers worked for this guy when he ran Gateway Mortgage.  I've not heard anything positive or negative about him other than he's incredibly religious and tried to run the company that way.  The company I work at has owners who are very religious but they don't try and proselytize.  That's not saying Gateway did that, but I did get that impression from some former employees.

My wife worked directly for him, and if you asked her she would say there isn't a more respectable and dedicated business owner out there. I met him several times at parties usually, and because my wife helped him and his family on some side businesses. He was always completely interested in what I did professionally, and would remember exactly what we spoke about last, no matter if it was 12 months prior. The guy could sell ice to Eskimos so to speak. His hard working personality is infectious. His company has been on the Inc 500 fastest growing companies multiple times. They just built a brand new headquarters around Jenks. He made a very risky decision during the mortgage "implosion" to no longer sell off mortgages to bigger institutions. From that point they maintained ownership of all loans, and fully service them all. That decision turned out to be an extremely wise one, and they have been growing throughout the recession.

He is a fairly religious person, all though I wouldn't really have known it just speaking with him. It's not as if he brings it up incessantly. He just comes off as an extremely ethical person mostly. Very inspiring, and exactly the opposite of Trump when it comes to "appropriateness" and respect for the office.

I will have no qualms voting for him even though I seriously doubt I agree with him on everything. I just think this type of person is what is needed at the moment to rinse off all the filth in OKC. Should he win, I bet this will be his last elected office (outside of school boards or something local).

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2017, 01:01:25 pm »

They are making great strides in horizontal drilling and fracking, you know.

I worked on a small part of a project to do some gulf work where a submersible motor was run from a platform with a 60km "extension cord".  No typo - 60km.  About 37 miles...  Very high voltage to start to get the couple thousand volts needed at the motor...  Horizontal extension cording!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org