A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:13:07 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Glanz  (Read 11307 times)
Markk
Civic Leader

« on: August 27, 2015, 11:47:29 am »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/sapulpa-police-chief-sends-scathing-letter-to-sheriff-stanley-glanz/article_8ec40ce5-706d-5180-9751-fc1adbd5fef8.html

By his own admission, the department is in disarray.  The grand jury should have a field day with this new tidbit.

There is something seriously wrong with this guy.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 12:06:22 pm »

Wow! Threw his secretary under the bus to join the others. Now looking to see if there's room for another deputy.

onward...through the fog
Markk
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 12:17:32 pm »

must be nice to have a job where you are responsible for nothing.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 02:05:28 pm »

Wow! Threw his secretary under the bus to join the others. Now looking to see if there's room for another deputy.

That bus is dragging quite a few bodies behind it...

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 03:05:53 pm »

That bus is dragging quite a few bodies behind it...

He's gonna need to get a bigger bus

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 03:32:39 pm »

One of the best Saturday afternoon hangover movies of all time.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 12:45:56 pm »

He has responsibilities. He just doesn't want any accountability. That's for others.

onward...through the fog
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 02:06:35 pm »

Open the polling places...Indictment has been handed down by the Grand Jury.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 02:11:54 pm »

Open the polling places...Indictment has been handed down by the Grand Jury.

The Tulsa World's list of possible replacements:

John Fitzpatrick, 59, has been a reserve officer for the Tulsa Police Department for 10 years. His duties have included work with homicide detectives, the bicycle patrol, retail crime detectives and the Special Investigations Division, according to biographic information he provided.

Dan Miller, 49, is a Tulsa Police Department corporal who is a detective in the Auto Theft Division. Miller, who said he has 20 years of experience on the police force, worked for 15 years in north Tulsa as a field patrol supervisor.

Jim Rice, 61, said he has 30 years of law enforcement experience, including serving as the Oologah police chief from 1980 to 1984. Most recently, Rice said, he spent four years in Mounds as the sergeant in charge of the K-9 Unit. He also said he was a warrant officer in the Marine Corps and a helicopter pilot.

Undersheriff Rick Weigel has assumed the duties of sheriff in Glanz’s absence. When asked for comment on whether there might be an election bid in Weigel’s future, spokesman Justin Green said Weigel is focused on redirecting and moving the agency forward in a positive direction.

Fired Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office Maj. Shannon Clark says he is keeping his options open regarding a potential run for sheriff. Clark contends that Glanz wrongfully fired him in an apparent move to make him a scapegoat for recent problems.

Terry Simonson, intergovernmental affairs and contract administrator for the Sheriff’s Office, is another name that could pop up in discussions of potential candidates. However, Simonson said he doesn’t meet specific qualifications for sheriff regarding law enforcement experience, training and certifications.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/courts/find-out-who-s-considering-a-run-to-replace-stanley/article_c14b530f-fa6e-5737-999e-250821e54e59.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2015, 07:00:26 am »

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2015, 09:07:32 am »

He's gonna need to get a bigger bus

Deploy flags of many nations!!!

Man, I miss that movie.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2017, 08:50:52 am »

Deploy flags of many nations!!!

Man, I miss that movie.

Looks familiar, what is it from? I know I've seen it, but my memory is failing me right now.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2017, 11:00:01 am »

Looks familiar, what is it from? I know I've seen it, but my memory is failing me right now.

The Big Bus

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074205/

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2017, 01:24:01 pm »

Somehow missed that the first time through... or maybe was just in an alternative space at that time...   Ruth Gordon!   Maude!!   Now I gotta find it and watch!! 

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2017, 04:49:25 pm »

Sixth arrest of a Tulsa County Sheriff's Office employee since June
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/sixth-arrest-of-sheriff-s-office-employee-since-june-former/article_414ad2da-b62a-5c3c-a76b-3f7b770e4259.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org