A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:42:42 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: U2 Coming to the BOK  (Read 20082 times)
DTowner
City Father

« on: November 02, 2017, 08:36:16 am »

U2 is opening its North American tour in Tulsa on May 2.  This is the latest announcement in the 10 for 10 series, celebrating the BOK's 10th year.  Wow, this might be the biggest event yet at the BOK (yes, Garth was big).
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 10:35:52 am »

Does Tulsa allow them now...??

Seems a little odd.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 03:18:36 pm »

U2.com

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 11:04:50 pm »

Does Tulsa allow them now...??

Seems a little odd.

Seriously? Why would U2 not be allowed to perform in Tulsa?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 07:24:09 am »

Seriously? Why would U2 not be allowed to perform in Tulsa?

Thanks...I was hoping someone would step up and ask...

Because of how progressive they are - and how they are all about supporting regular people and helpful social causes that are anathema to most Okies.  As demonstrated by our ongoing voting record for the Clown Show...

I really want to go to that concert!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 08:08:55 am »

Because of how progressive they are - and how they are all about supporting regular people and helpful social causes that are anathema to most Okies.  As demonstrated by our ongoing voting record for the Clown Show...

Bill Maher, Lewis Black, Dennis Miller, etc seem to do just fine
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 12:52:01 pm »

Bill Maher, Lewis Black, Dennis Miller, etc seem to do just fine

Yeah - kind of shocking that Maher and Black were allowed in.  Dennis Miller - makes sense that he would be welcomed with open arms.  Him and Ellie.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 09:16:39 pm »

Is U2 still progressive?
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2017, 09:41:15 pm »

Is U2 still progressive?

I saw U2 in Dallas last May and it was very progressive but not what I would call political. Bono never called out Trump or anyone in particular but it had a very liberal bent. The crowd was mostly supportive, even in Dallas. Great show.

I later saw Roger Waters here in Tulsa a couple of months ago. Waters personally Trashed Trump and his greed and the crowd went wild and cheered. Here in Tulsa. A couple of guys in front of us who previously had talked about what huge Pink Floyd fans they were did complain quietly about "why did the show have to be political". I thought it was really funny because had they ever really listened to what Pink Floyd was about? And it was even a better show than U2.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2017, 07:10:38 pm »

I thought it was really funny because had they ever really listened to what Pink Floyd was about?

May be the first time they listened while not high.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2017, 07:22:05 pm »

May be the first time they listened while not high.

+1
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2017, 01:09:01 pm »

I later saw Roger Waters here in Tulsa a couple of months ago. Waters personally Trashed Trump and his greed and the crowd went wild and cheered. Here in Tulsa. A couple of guys in front of us who previously had talked about what huge Pink Floyd fans they were did complain quietly about "why did the show have to be political". I thought it was really funny because had they ever really listened to what Pink Floyd was about? And it was even a better show than U2.

O M G !!   What a couple of doofus'...! 

It's like all the Oklahoma "fans" of Woodie Guthrie - knowing nothing about him, of course.  Or OU fans who are so rabidly enthusiastic and have never stepped foot onto the campus...or any campus for that matter!

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2017, 01:20:20 pm »

O M G !!   What a couple of doofus'...! 

It's like all the Oklahoma "fans" of Woodie Guthrie - knowing nothing about him, of course.  Or OU fans who are so rabidly enthusiastic and have never stepped foot onto the campus...or any campus for that matter!

It was funny. Waters had TRUMP labeled on the floating pig in the arena. He's not a subtle man.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2017, 03:16:17 pm »

It was funny. Waters had TRUMP labeled on the floating pig in the arena. He's not a subtle man.

Subtlety is an overrated commodity.

I got a picture being passed around last year during the election that has Trump head on a pig body.  Not a pretty sight, but very realistic.  And true to life.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2017, 03:43:18 pm »

Lol...You would fit right in with that pompous donkey Bono....Dumbfuck....

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org