A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:17:59 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who Decorates for Halloween?  (Read 7909 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: October 28, 2017, 07:26:07 pm »

Asking for a friend unsure if he should.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 08:58:49 pm »

Affirmative
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 07:34:37 am »

Who doesn't decorate for Halloween...Huh!!!

Those who don't are Communists!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 10:51:18 am »

I decorate for Autumn.

Almost the same look with less skeletons and can be left up much longer.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 02:08:35 pm »

I decorate for Autumn.

FWIW, this is the best time of year to buy your Christmas decorations. 
Some of my neighbors have theirs up already, but noone usually turns lighting on till Thanksgiving.

Christmas lights are an opportunity for people to see how much better it often is when they turn off their floodlights.
More uniformity from the spread-out lighting, easier on you and the neighbors.
Of course im talking steady lighting...

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 02:44:31 pm »

I decorate for Autumn.

This is going to be my, er my "friend's" plan for next year. Still going to throw out some scary things-our neighborhood goes nuts. Last two years, had some folks hook a large flat bed trailer to a golf cart, decked it out with lights, and cruised the neighborhood. Party on wheels.

rebound
City Father

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2017, 04:35:32 pm »

This is going to be my, er my "friend's" plan for next year. Still going to throw out some scary things-our neighborhood goes nuts. Last two years, had some folks hook a large flat bed trailer to a golf cart, decked it out with lights, and cruised the neighborhood. Party on wheels.

Where do you live?  They've done that in my old neighborhood up in Owasso for the last 10 years or so.   Big flatbed behind a golf cart,  adults with wine/beer, and more kids than you can count.   Pretty fun.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 06:29:30 pm »

Fun times!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 07:25:07 pm »

Fun times!

Had a HUGE turnout of kids, teens, and adults in our neighborhood. Hundreds of people milling around and having fun.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2017, 10:08:15 pm »

Had a HUGE turnout of kids, teens, and adults in our neighborhood. Hundreds of people milling around and having fun.

They can safely skip the trip to the ER to have their candy X-rayed or drug-screened.

Opponents of marijuana legalization warned of pot-laced Halloween candy. It never happened.
The fears were used as an argument against legalization. But they proved to be bogus
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/10/27/16512108/marijuana-legalization-halloween-candy-edibles

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2017, 11:27:01 pm »

Where do you live?  They've done that in my old neighborhood up in Owasso for the last 10 years or so.   Big flatbed behind a golf cart,  adults with wine/beer, and more kids than you can count.   Pretty fun.

North Bixby.It's just crazy at Halloween here. Everyone is into it, and I especially enjoy seeing everyone so happy.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2017, 07:55:31 am »

Couldn't get back to town in time.  First time in more than 35 years that we have missed Halloween - HUGE disappointment!!

Back now.  May put up a sign telling the kids to come back tonight!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org