A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:22:43 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rex's Chicken  (Read 10699 times)
Ed W
City Father

« on: October 05, 2017, 07:28:19 am »

This is a heads-up for some who may be interested.

Rex's Chicken on Memorial is taking issue with several people who've criticized their food, deleting their comments, and banning them from the store, according to several accounts on FB. This sounds remarkably like the approach taken by that short-lived pizza place.

More later

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 08:04:38 am »

This is a heads-up for some who may be interested.

Rex's Chicken on Memorial is taking issue with several people who've criticized their food, deleting their comments, and banning them from the store, according to several accounts on FB. This sounds remarkably like the approach taken by that short-lived pizza place.

More later

The Chicken Nazi?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 08:26:39 am »

Didn't know we had a Rex's.  Last one I knew of was in BA.  Looks like it just opened up a few weeks ago - will go try it.  Used to love Rex's!!  Hope they don't pull a "Shakey's" on us.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 08:30:11 am »

The back and forth on FB reminded me of the Shotgun Sams fiasco. Apparently some Stan Gates is handling it (poorly) from the business end.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 08:56:44 am »

I went and the chicken and fry bread was exactly how I remember it.  That normally is not the case with nostalgia places. They had two issues from what I could tell.  1) They used really small width containers for their sides.  It makes it look like there wasn't a lot of side.  But they were tall so it was probably the same as other places. 2) The trays they brought the food out in wouldn't fit normal side containers.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 10:20:33 am »

The Muscogee (Creek) Nation has purchased the rights to franchise Rex’s Chicken (from Beautiful Brands) throughout its eight-county jurisdiction.

http://www.unhappyfranchisee.com/david-rutkauskas-rexs-chicken-closes/
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 11:12:54 pm »

If this is the Rex's Chicken near 121st & South Memorial, then know that many of you are not permitted to eat there. There are strict rules prohibiting downtown/midtown people accessing anything south of 101st.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 07:27:20 am »

If this is the Rex's Chicken near 121st & South Memorial, then know that many of you are not permitted to eat there. There are strict rules prohibiting downtown/midtown people accessing anything south of 101st.

Or the fact that it still has the Beautiful Brands stink on it.  That just doesn't wash off.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 11:19:06 am »

Wife and I stopped by a few nights ago. Neither of us were impressed and I had to stop at Walgreen's for some Tums on the way home. We won't be back.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2017, 06:32:38 pm »

It looks like David is still running things with the Creek's bankrolling it.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 09:11:05 am »

Rex's is right across the street from our church and I thought it would be a good spot to grab a bite after but then I saw this thread. :/
TeeDub
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 09:57:11 am »

I hear that it is still delicious.   The person I talked to doesn't allow politics to get in the way of their chicken.

Personally, I haven't driven all the way over there yet.   

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2017, 11:35:31 am »

Rex's is right across the street from our church and I thought it would be a good spot to grab a bite after but then I saw this thread. :/

What can it hurt to try?   Might be ok.   I think I may try to go by - there is a lot of pent up "wishful thinking" about Rex's going through my head right now.  Used to like it quite and bit, and one can only hope....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2017, 05:21:53 pm »

What can it hurt to try?   Might be ok.   I think I may try to go by - there is a lot of pent up "wishful thinking" about Rex's going through my head right now.  Used to like it quite and bit, and one can only hope....

Their squaw bread was mighty delicious.  Reminds me of a sopapaillia

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2017, 09:33:13 pm »

Their squaw bread was mighty delicious. 

In Arizona you would have to call it Piestewa bread.  Wink
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org