A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:42:15 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cathedral District - South end of Downtown Tulsa  (Read 10048 times)
TulsaBeMore
Activist

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2017, 07:10:59 pm »

I  like it.  Funny...from the website, it doesn't look like Holy Family is part of the group of partners. The Cathedral District doesn't seem to include the Cathedral!
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2017, 08:15:27 pm »

I figured you, more than anyone, would appreciate one more district in Tulsa.

1 more? Hell. We need the Conan district!!!

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2017, 09:08:49 pm »

1 more? Hell. We need the Conan district!!!

It would be a long walk from the other districts.

Cheesy

Dspike
Activist

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2017, 07:26:42 am »

TulsaBeMore:

Holy Family is within the boundary. Map is here: http://tulsacathedraldistrict.com/boundary-map/

And Rev. Okonkwo was at the kickoff event.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 11:29:45 am by Dspike » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2017, 10:20:16 am »

It would be a long walk from the other districts.

Cheesy

I do still own two properties in midtown.  Maybe if I buy up a few blocks worth we can do that.

Our B & B in Cimarron is located on "Tiger Hill".  I haven't approached the Village Council yet about changing the name to the "Blue Dragonfly District" but it does have a nice ring to it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2021, 09:04:12 pm »

Has anyone heard of a multifamily project planned for a parking lot owned by First Christian Church at the southeast corner of 9th and Main?

This Berkadia map notes it as a prospective project - Check out Item 11: https://www.berkadia.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Tulsa_Quarterly_Map.pdf

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2021, 09:51:42 pm »

Has anyone heard of a multifamily project planned for a parking lot owned by First Christian Church at the southeast corner of 9th and Main?

This Berkadia map notes it as a prospective project - Check out Item 11: https://www.berkadia.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Tulsa_Quarterly_Map.pdf

They were looking into doing some affordable senior housing for a while.. no idea if it has progressed beyond conceptual planning. Last time I saw something about it was a while ago so they probably aren't in too big of a hurry. Seems like the churches have a lot of anxiety about parking still.

They likely pulled info from Costar, REIS or somewhere - that map is missing a lot. The Sun Building owners are looking at adding a parking garage and apartments as well. That's really the only other big thing I know of south of 8th right now/north of the BA.

A local developer is closing on the site that was going to be All Souls soon, will be ground up construction. Probably a year or two out for them to get everything together.

Sinclair building isn't on there, there's also the Arco building at 6th & Cincinnati that is being turned into apartments.

I'm really surprised that Brickhuggers have sat on the old Nordam site for so long. They've sold off just about everything but the Mayo so they should have the cash to do something. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org