A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:00:49 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What was going on at TIA?  (Read 7082 times)
Ed W
City Father

« on: September 16, 2017, 08:04:40 pm »

I heard the distinctive drone of muptiple propellers overhead and ran outside expecting to see a bomber or an old DC-3. Instead, a flight of four WW2 fighters passed in a diamond formation. Minutes later, a P-51 and an F-16 went by, wingtip to wingtip.

And I didn't get any photos! Waaaaaaah!

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 08:41:04 pm »

I heard the distinctive drone of muptiple propellers overhead and ran outside expecting to see a bomber or an old DC-3. Instead, a flight of four WW2 fighters passed in a diamond formation. Minutes later, a P-51 and an F-16 went by, wingtip to wingtip.

And I didn't get any photos! Waaaaaaah!

They fly out of Riverside all the time. I heard them this morning.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 11:11:51 pm »

They fly out of Riverside all the time. I heard them this morning.

Most of the warbirds that fly out of Riverside are T-6s, T -28s and a few piston MIGs.  There is at least one P-51 and another new arrival that I don't remember the type at the moment but it is a fighter.  There is also at least one Soviet Block jet trainer but I don't remember the model at the moment.  It might be a L-33.  I believe there is a Corsair (Black Sheep Squadron) based at TUL.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 11:13:18 pm »

I heard the distinctive drone of muptiple propellers overhead and ran outside expecting to see a bomber or an old DC-3.

I believe all DC-3s are old.

Grin

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 01:27:59 pm »

There used to be a few Stearmans flying out of Jones...had a friend who had one.  Or a piece of one....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Yuppertin
Tourist

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 01:30:37 am »

You saw an F-16 go by?

Joingy
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 10:56:10 pm by Yuppertin » Logged
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 07:51:20 am »

You saw an F-16 go by?

The Guard flies F16s every day, but I've never seen one in formation with a P51.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2017, 07:59:07 am »

The Guard flies F16s every day, but I've never seen one in formation with a P51.

As someone who is a resident living just south of the airport. I know OANG runs drills every day, but none more than Monday.  Especially Monday mornings.  Since I've been working from home more and more I hear them a lot more frequently.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2017, 11:50:37 am »

As someone who is a resident living just south of the airport. I know OANG runs drills every day, but none more than Monday.  Especially Monday mornings.  Since I've been working from home more and more I hear them a lot more frequently.

Working at home like that would not work for me - I would be running out to look at the planes every 4 minutes!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org