A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:07:22 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa TV News  (Read 4647 times)
Neptune
« on: July 20, 2005, 03:30:53 pm »

Ok...with all the talk lately about the local TV news stations....I thought I'd look at some headlines.  This is the Current lineup on KOTV.com...don't worry...all the other channels are just as bad.

Two murder charges to be requested in killing of pregnant waitress...
Its usually safe to assume that "charges" will be brought against some who killed someone.  But I'm glad they let me know there were "two."

Tahlequah woman charged with child abuse...
I'm happy they caught her...and glad she's from Tahlequah.  Glad they're charging her too.  I feel so informed.

One person is being questioned in an overnight Tulsa shooting death...
I'd hope that SOMEONE would be asking questions.

OU policy requiring freshmen to live on campus faces criticism...
Well...far be it for people to complain.

Tulsa Police looking for a suspect in connection with a hotel robbery...
You mean...the hotel didn't rob itself?  Well its good to know TPD is "looking."

Health authorities say cases of whooping cough on the rise...
Yes...and so is West Nile, Killer Bees attacks, Monkey Pox, and any other number of diseases and infestations.  Haven't heard about this in a while...so if I'm hearing about it now...it MUST be "on the rise."

But the BEST headline...is from KTUL...

Family Of Murdered Hominy Waitress Wants Justice
Really??  The gaul of them.

My wife has conniptions everytime someting bad happens to a kid...but then again...something bad happens to a kid EVERYDAY....and the TV news is there to tell us about it.  She freaks out about crime...another darn good reason NOT to watch TV.  When are we going to see local TV news take responsibility for the garbage they show...and start reporting real news?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org