A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:21:48 am
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazon  (Read 151914 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #120 on: October 06, 2017, 07:49:32 am »

Was in Dallas last week.  Looks like the area out south of Denton would be pretty good for Amazon.  Easy access to the BIG and getting bigger airport.

And if anyone thinks they have better roads than we do hasn't driven there before.  Was all over the area and there are many more orange barrels.  And the roads waiting their turn at the barrel are at least as bad as anything here.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #121 on: October 18, 2017, 12:15:36 pm »

So... does anyone know anything about our Amazon bid?  Are we actually submitting a proposal?

MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #122 on: October 18, 2017, 12:31:03 pm »

It's in the works from what I've heard, but no details on it at all. There was some coverage today/yesterday about proposals (both by OKC and Tulsa)
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #123 on: October 18, 2017, 12:42:14 pm »

https://www.fox23.com/news/tulsa-mayor-to-share-info-on-amazon-headquarters-proposal/626478410

And there it is. Proposal brief incoming - probably just rehashing the original bullet points from the first news cycle
cbs
Citizen

« Reply #124 on: October 18, 2017, 03:14:58 pm »

"I don't want to go into specifics about the exact site we've picked out....in the interest of not tipping our hand" - G.T.

SPECULATION TIME!

Fairgrounds? Across the river from TGP? River West Park? Mohawk Park? Tulsa County Club?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #125 on: October 18, 2017, 05:35:12 pm »

"I don't want to go into specifics about the exact site we've picked out....in the interest of not tipping our hand" - G.T.

SPECULATION TIME!

Fairgrounds? Across the river from TGP? River West Park? Mohawk Park? Tulsa County Club?

Bartlesville - up near the Walmart DC would be good.   (JK...I don't really believe that...)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #126 on: October 18, 2017, 07:55:57 pm »

Bartlesville - up near the Walmart DC would be good.   (JK...I don't really believe that...)

Actually, that would make the most sense as you could draw talent from Bartlesville and southern Kansas and it wouldn't overload the infrastructure in Tulsa.  It's not like a major employer like that is going to pay any net property taxes for the foreseeable future due to corporate welfare so who cares where it is physically built?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #127 on: October 18, 2017, 08:49:36 pm »

Here's a new twist: Oklahoma City-Tulsa

More than 100 cities have expressed interest in making a run for Amazon's HQ2, based on previous reports.

CNBC link:  https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/18/amazon-h2q-whos-in-the-running.html?recirc=taboolainternal
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 08:59:00 pm by Laramie » Logged

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #128 on: October 18, 2017, 09:05:04 pm »

Here's a new twist: Oklahoma City-Tulsa

More than 100 cities have expressed interest in making a run for Amazon's HQ2, based on previous reports.

CNBC link:  https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/18/amazon-h2q-whos-in-the-running.html?recirc=taboolainternal

They do have that big ole empty outlet mall pad in Stroud.  Smiley

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #129 on: October 18, 2017, 09:46:10 pm »

They do have that big ole empty outlet mall pad in Stroud.  Smiley

Hmmm, maybe that would usher in a high speed train from TUL to OKC...

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #130 on: October 18, 2017, 10:13:25 pm »

Hmmm, maybe that would usher in a high speed train from TUL to OKC...

And there is a nearby airport with apparent room to expand:
https://goo.gl/maps/wzQorPaZ2pS2

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #131 on: October 18, 2017, 10:36:12 pm »

And there is a nearby airport with apparent room to expand:
https://goo.gl/maps/wzQorPaZ2pS2

Ahhhh, Stroud International Airport!

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2017, 05:53:26 am »

Ahhhh, Stroud International Airport!

Speaking of, what exactly makes an airport "international". TUL doesn't exactly have daily flights to ANY destination outside the lower 48. Is it just the capability to handle flights internationally?

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #133 on: October 19, 2017, 06:58:43 am »

Speaking of, what exactly makes an airport "international". TUL doesn't exactly have daily flights to ANY destination outside the lower 48. Is it just the capability to handle flights internationally?

International airports have customs and immigration services.  They may or may not have flights to direct destinations outside of the country.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
In_Tulsa
Citizen

« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2017, 08:32:30 am »

In Tulsa’s case it’s the taxi drivers!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org