A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:55:39 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh Dear, another Oklahoman Republican headed to Trumps Washington  (Read 13209 times)
joiei
City Father

« on: September 05, 2017, 02:26:10 pm »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jim-bridenstine-trump-nasa-pick-climate-change_us_59ae5ea8e4b0b5e531007b3a?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009  I have no words. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 04:34:17 pm »

As a state, we have to be so proud of ourselves!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 04:55:11 pm »

Where is Guido,  he needs to come to the reputation of all Okie Republicans everywhere. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 05:01:57 pm »

Where is Guido,  he needs to come to the reputation of all Okie Republicans everywhere. 

He's too busy propping up President Cheeto Jesus.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 05:08:50 pm »

A Huffington Post article? For shame.

Still.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 05:19:54 pm »

He's too busy propping up President Cheeto Jesus.

I'm here. Just saw the below, recently revealed undercover video of you and some others in this thread response to this news.

https://www.facebook.com/uniladmag/videos/2615572938465749/?hc_ref=ARRRz5nXXKJ43T04WkEq2-un2KVfEV501jo3e6okDsC3ZFS5FXLg1ZHI-C9hEZwRBfk&pnref=story

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 06:59:57 pm »

I'm going to start off by saying he seems to be perfectly nice.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/archives/air-and-space-museum-board-members-differ-on-bridenstine/article_928a8269-a8fd-5570-ac36-0ec852a85e40.html

http://thislandpress.com/2012/10/31/rocket-to-the-moon/

Both years he ran the Tulsa Air and Space Museum were bad financially by six figures according to IRS statements. The Air Show he did (possibly the worst organized Air Show I've ever seen) lost $330,000 and it was an effort to cross-promote with the Rocket Racing League that he was financially invested in, which then went bankrupt. (that also seems like a conflict of interest to have a nonprofit you run put on an event that promotes a thing you are financially invested in)

All I have are those numbers, but I feel like there is enough smoke to suggest management of aviation things isn't his strong suit.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 07:04:14 pm »

(that also seems like a conflict of interest to have a nonprofit you run put on an event that promotes a thing you are financially invested in)

Trump presidency in a nutshell.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 07:07:25 pm »

I went to one of his town halls. When he talks, you can hardly see his handlers lips moving. They're really good.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 11:52:29 pm »

It just disgusts me that all these Oklahomans are managing to get pretty decent leadership positions in the executive branch. What a huge black eye to the state. Glad we have people in Oklahoma, on a website touting at least the development and improvement of at least this part no less, are doing their part to congratulate our appointees.

Now, which democratic party member takes Bridenstine's place in the House?

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2017, 07:09:00 am »

NASA administrators are usually scientists, engineers, or aerospace professionals because it is the world preeminent expert on space travel and is literally stuffed with rocket scientists .  It also has an $18.4 Billion budget, so most of the leaders have had experience running large bureaucracies.  So, without using memes, try to explain why Bridenstine is a good choice to run the place.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2017, 08:02:28 am »

It just disgusts me that all these Oklahomans are managing to get pretty decent leadership positions in the executive branch. What a huge black eye to the state. Glad we have people in Oklahoma, on a website touting at least the development and improvement of at least this part no less, are doing their part to congratulate our appointees.

Now, which democratic party member takes Bridenstine's place in the House?

I know you are trying to be sarcastic, but you are right - it is a huge black eye to the state.  We have had a national audience to our ignorance and stupidstition from a distance for quite a while.  Most of the 'clutter' was hidden because it was only headlines that were seen.   Now the rest of the country gets to view it up close and personal.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TeeDub
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2017, 08:50:38 am »

Apparently some people like him....  But then again, I hear you can't trust Forbes or those who write articles for it.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marshallshepherd/2017/09/02/the-trump-administration-finally-nominated-the-nasa-administrator-who-is-jim-bridenstine/#7609b8604708
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2017, 09:06:37 am »

Apparently some people like him....  But then again, I hear you can't trust Forbes or those who write articles for it.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marshallshepherd/2017/09/02/the-trump-administration-finally-nominated-the-nasa-administrator-who-is-jim-bridenstine/#7609b8604708

The positive comments about his qualifications are copied off of his congressional biography page.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2017, 09:22:19 am »

The positive comments about his qualifications are copied off of his congressional biography page.

Oops.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org