A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 09:57:45 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HD Sports Cameras  (Read 6551 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« on: June 30, 2011, 10:44:58 am »

Since there's a few regular contributors who are up on photography, I'm curious to hear opinions on HD sports cameras.  The GoPro HD Hero 960 is specifically what I'm looking at.  Anyone have any experience with it?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 11:02:21 am »

Since there's a few regular contributors who are up on photography, I'm curious to hear opinions on HD sports cameras.  The GoPro HD Hero 960 is specifically what I'm looking at.  Anyone have any experience with it?

Dbacksfan posted a link when we last discussed it at
http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=17348.msg193722#msg193722
and what a cool camera...

Now if you are wearing a camera on top of your head, watch out for these guys:
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20100420/1041329109.shtml

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 11:14:46 am »

The 960 is now $179.  Everyone I've spoken to in the local mountain biking community is saying 960P is more than adequate.  I believe total record time with a 32 GB flash is 8 or 9 hours, plenty of time for my recon ride, the battery though is only good for 2.5 hours, so I can always carry extras.

Apparently the ONLY benefit I'm seeing with the 1080P is extended power packs and an LCD display on the back of the cam.  The additional battery time would be ideal, but other than the Leadville pre-ride and race, I doubt I'll ever have need to shoot more than 2.5 hours of constant video.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 05:17:31 pm »

This was the only topic that really looked like it was related to goPro in a feature/marketing way.

goPro has lost their collective mind - they feel they are so 'big' now they don't have to worry about customer satisfaction any more.  They have stopped support for goPro Studio (end of July) while at the same time releasing a new thing called 'Quik'.  The only problem there is that Quik only works with Win 10.  NOT Win 7.  They are becoming Microsoft in attitude.

And they provide no email address to pitch a grumble about.  And even though they SAY there is Chat, it doesn't work. For a couple days anyway.  Did manage to talk to someone in India on the phone after waiting 18 minutes. 

Oh, yeah...they are gonna be such a joy to deal with in the future....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 05:20:06 pm »

This was the only topic that really looked like it was related to goPro in a feature/marketing way.

goPro has lost their collective mind - they feel they are so 'big' now they don't have to worry about customer satisfaction any more.  They have stopped support for goPro Studio (end of July) while at the same time releasing a new thing called 'Quik'.  The only problem there is that Quik only works with Win 10.  NOT Win 7.  They are becoming Microsoft in attitude.

And they provide no email address to pitch a grumble about.  And even though they SAY there is Chat, it doesn't work. For a couple days anyway.  Did manage to talk to someone in India on the phone after waiting 18 minutes. 

Oh, yeah...they are gonna be such a joy to deal with in the future....

After I dealt with them in March re: refurb purchase and them baiting and switching about free 2 day shipping, I told them I'd never purchase from them again and would advise others not to.  I did get the free 2 day shipping though.  But no, I'll never buy another GP camera.  Ever.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 08:16:47 pm »

Did manage to talk to someone in India on the phone after waiting 18 minutes. 

Oh you mean "David from Dallas?"

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 09:31:56 pm »

No, actually it was a guy from California.  Truly.  Probably after 4:20 local time though...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 06:37:28 pm »

Don't think so.... don't care for hip hop anyway.

The guy I talked to doesn't deserve the load of carp I want to lay on their MBA fools....he is just some poor guy who is trying to get some groceries on the table.   They did send me a note afterward and I unloaded there...won't make a difference - they are getting way beyond themselves in buying into their own importance.  Am reminded of US Cellular about 30 years ago with their arrogance.  Much like goPro thinking they will always be the only game in town.  Very stupid.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org