A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:21:29 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW QT - 15th and Lewis  (Read 49751 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2017, 10:52:07 pm »

The pumps are on 15th, the store is on Lewis.

And Reasor's tore down the gas station because they suck at it. They didn't build it in the first place.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2017, 11:07:56 pm »

That style store could be pushed to the sidewalk with half the number of pumps and fewer parking spaces on a much smaller footprint and be a plus to an urban area.

If you could sell that to QT management, I’m sure there would be a long line of people waiting to give you a big sloppy kiss.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2017, 07:23:52 am »

The pumps are on 15th, the store is on Lewis.

And Reasor's tore down the gas station because they suck at it. They didn't build it in the first place.

Considering their business relationship, it would have made sense for QT to simply take over Lil Reasors.  It was an appropriate size for a midtown gas station and the alternative was unused pavement, as it is now.  But QT has apparently decided they can't make money with fewer than 24 pumps and 6000 sq. ft.  It's just insane to me.  They probably also knew they were going to take over the entire corner across the street eventually.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2017, 07:55:28 am »

If you could sell that to QT management, I’m sure there would be a long line of people waiting to give you a big sloppy kiss.

Ew.   Cool

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2017, 09:19:29 am »

Lil Reasors was an appropriate size for a midtown gas station

QT sees themselves as more of a convenience store / fast-food establishment..
Which makes the huge pump requirement a bit more baffling
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2017, 11:18:11 am »

It was always my understanding QT uses petro as a low margin item to drive foot traffic to sell the high margin food & beverages.

QT would build a giant suburban Gen 3 store on Guthrie Green if they could buy the land and thought it would be a profitable location.  QT will modify its template suburban store design only if and when a city makes them do so.  Tulsa has not and appears unwilling/unable to offer any resistance to QT anywhere in Tulsa.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2017, 12:12:12 pm »

It was always my understanding QT uses petro as a low margin item to drive foot traffic to sell the high margin food & beverages.

QT would build a giant suburban Gen 3 store on Guthrie Green if they could buy the land and thought it would be a profitable location.  QT will modify its template suburban store design only if and when a city makes them do so.  Tulsa has not and appears unwilling/unable to offer any resistance to QT anywhere in Tulsa.

Yeah, they have no interest in doing something like that unless the market absolutely demands it. In Atlanta, they had to make an urban version to get in to the trendy Midtown neighborhood: https://atlanta.curbed.com/2016/6/23/12010170/qt-quiktrip-peachtree-street-6th-midtown-atlanta

If Tulsa had standards like that to drive (limit) development standards, maybe QT would build there. I don't foresee that happening any time soon. We don't really have the ultra-high end walkable neighborhoods here where this would make sense. Maybe eventually if downtown increases its population by about 3,000, then it could have the kind of density that would warrant a QT urban store.

Who knows if this concept even worked well for QT. It probably did, but their margins are probably so high at other stores that there are probably plenty of lower hanging fruit out there where they can expand their market share without the sky high rent/real estate.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2017, 04:18:26 pm »

QT sees themselves as more of a convenience store / fast-food establishment..
Which makes the huge pump requirement a bit more baffling

Being able to pull off a street i am already traveling on to buy gas is pretty convenient.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2017, 07:50:35 pm »

This is their stated objective but I find it hard to believe when there have been times gas was selling for .20 cheaper in OKC with higher transportation costs (there is no refinery in the OKC metro I am aware of these days).  With the way QT plays their price changes, it is clear they are concerned with making a profit off of it.  I have no clue how many times the prices have changed since I moved away in mid March, but the price at our two stations here in Cimarron have remained the same on all grades for over five months.  Even with Harvey this past week, they remain the same.  
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 07:53:52 pm by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2017, 08:52:51 pm »

I have no clue how many times the prices have changed since I moved away in mid March, but the price at our two stations here in Cimarron have remained the same on all grades for over five months.  Even with Harvey this past week, they remain the same.  

The usual gas price game goes on.  Checking gasbuddy shows your price for regular in Cimarron at $2.49/gal for regular.  We recently had two price increases from $2.05 to $2.19 and then to $2.39 per gallon of regular.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2017, 09:10:18 pm »

The usual gas price game goes on.  Checking gasbuddy shows your price for regular in Cimarron at $2.49/gal for regular.  We recently had two price increases from $2.05 to $2.19 and then to $2.39 per gallon of regular.

They raised it from $1.93 the minute they heard their might be a hurricane.  Pre-gouging?

FWIW, a 15th & Lewis store might actually be a good thing if it werent a mega-store. 

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2017, 09:43:55 pm »

They raised it from $1.93 the minute they heard their might be a hurricane.  Pre-gouging?

I forgot the timing on that increase.

Costco was still $1.99 this afternoon.  (Thur 31 Aug)

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2017, 09:29:19 pm »

I paid almost $3/gal today in texas with a $25 per vehicle cap. It took a few stops as I drove like 700 miles today.
TeeDub
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2017, 01:04:17 pm »

I paid almost $3/gal today in texas with a $25 per vehicle cap. It took a few stops as I drove like 700 miles today.

At least you could find gas.  We were in Dallas over the weekend and maybe 10% of the gas stations even had gas.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2017, 02:16:00 pm »

At least you could find gas.  We were in Dallas over the weekend and maybe 10% of the gas stations even had gas.
I was in Bedford and had NO trouble finding gas.  All I needed.  And I paid $2.39, same as I paid here in Tulsa before i left.  Of course I saw the QT stations that had gas for $2.75 but didn't stop there.   

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org