A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:01:08 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tallgrass  (Read 22861 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2017, 01:06:17 pm »

$16 for a burger...  $38 for 8 oz filet...  yeah, right... I will just go to Dallas to Abacus.

Not surprised they are going away.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 02:54:28 pm »

$16 for a burger...  $38 for 8 oz filet...  yeah, right... I will just go to Dallas to Abacus.
Not surprised they are going away.

Well, I'm not sure if they are/were directly competing against Abacus, but definitely against Juniper, Prhyme, Chalkboard, Flemings, Polo Grill, and others.   At that price point, you better get it right.  And based on some of the recent reviews, they were starting to falter.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 04:32:21 pm »

Well, I'm not sure if they are/were directly competing against Abacus, but definitely against Juniper, Prhyme, Chalkboard, Flemings, Polo Grill, and others.   At that price point, you better get it right.  And based on some of the recent reviews, they were starting to falter.

They weren't competing against Abacus - Abacus says they are Asian-Fusion.  And Dallas area generally won't be much competition except for someone like me crazy enough to do a road trip for dinner.   Don't really know about the labels, just know the couple times I have been there it was pretty good.  (Should be for the prices they charge!) 

My favorite in Dallas is a little pricey, and a chain, but I just can't resist the ettouffe's at Pappadeaux!  Love the alligator, but they haven't had it the last couple times I was there.

Yeah, perfection is mandatory at that point!    Even at Dead Lobster level they better get it close to right...which too often they don't.   Just wonder sometimes how they stay in business?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2017, 08:19:16 am »

The dining experience and food was well worth it when Michelle was still there.  We loved the place.  We had bragged on it to everyone we knew, took the CF's a few months before we moved away and we were all underwhelmed that night.  I learned shortly thereafter Michelle had left and was going to Detroit.

Anyone who doesn't think the chef makes a place is mistaken. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2017, 09:18:54 am »

The dining experience and food was well worth it when Michelle was still there.  We loved the place.  We had bragged on it to everyone we knew, took the CF's a few months before we moved away and we were all underwhelmed that night.  I learned shortly thereafter Michelle had left and was going to Detroit.

Anyone who doesn't think the chef makes a place is mistaken. 

Yeah.  Chef is the single biggest thing, no doubt.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org