A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:44:09 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: August 12, 2045  (Read 6393 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« on: August 22, 2017, 08:55:59 pm »

...Tulsa will be rocking a total eclipse.
Order the party platter now!

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 09:31:43 pm »

...Tulsa will be rocking a total eclipse.
Order the party platter now!

I hope to be really old by then.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 09:40:32 pm »

I'll be 78.  I can hope...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 07:24:27 am »

During the most recent eclipse, someone with more math skills than I figured out a spot in Wyoming where the ISS would transit the sun as the moon was beginning the eclipse, followed 5 minutes later by the totality.  So they gather equipment, found access to land, and headed that way.  Full blown nerdgasm.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 10:23:49 am »

During the most recent eclipse, someone with more math skills than I figured out a spot in Wyoming where the ISS would transit the sun as the moon was beginning the eclipse, followed 5 minutes later by the totality.  So they gather equipment, found access to land, and headed that way.  Full blown nerdgasm.

Geek is good:  https://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/goddard/2017/nasas-epic-view-of-2017-eclipse-across-america

The crescent-shaped shadows all over my backyard were cool.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 11:13:09 am »

Geek is good: 

Oh, I'm in agreement.  I was the guy watching the video about the guys watching the eclipse.  i have no room to mock them.   Grin

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 05:03:14 pm »

Shadows on an old wheelbarrow in my yard...

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2017, 09:48:04 am »

Im not an astronomy person, but if you have never seen the Northern Lights at least once, you live a deprived life.
Here's tonight's prediction.

Look at the red View Line and find Oklahoma.  See that first big bright speck beneath it?   You are here.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2017, 10:58:58 am »

That's only mid 90's.  Not that old....

I plan to watch it from the comfort of my front porch!  With a whiskey sour.

I'm betting against getting to see the ones from the 2060's on...don't think the kids will be willing to take me to see them.  Don't wanna be driving by that point.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org