A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:39:53 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The hypocrisy of Burning Man  (Read 15428 times)
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 07:12:33 pm »

Some of the large sculptures and such they have there each year are amazing.  Would like to have a few permanent ones in Tulsa.  The stuff we have here is pitiful in comparison.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2017, 05:23:52 pm »

Mitchell was at his first Burning Man, according to his mother. She said her son grew up in McAlester, Okla., but was living in Switzerland with his wife.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/09/04/burning-man-ending-ritual-completed-day-after-man-dies-fire/630465001/#

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2017, 10:11:24 am »

Mitchell was at his first Burning Man, according to his mother. She said her son grew up in McAlester, Okla., but was living in Switzerland with his wife.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/09/04/burning-man-ending-ritual-completed-day-after-man-dies-fire/630465001/#

Would love to go there, but just wouldn't take any pictures.  All the pics I take are mine and will remain that way.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org