A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:37:08 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brookside Logo  (Read 11202 times)
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« on: August 22, 2017, 11:41:36 am »

The Brookside Logo could use an update. It looks silly and very dated, very much like 1990s logos. It looks childish, like the logo for one of those kids playplaces or discovery museums. The font is just barely better than Comic Sans. It is not fitting of the area and, in my opinion, is a detriment to the area because of how bad it looks.

It looks especially bad on this bicycle rack. Who allowed this to be put up? When they were redoing some of this stuff recently, why didn't they switch to a better/more professional looking logo? Yes, they need a local identity and markers showing that you're in Brookside. No, these logos are not it. They might have been "hip" in 1997, but not anytime in the last 10+ years.

This is the ugliest "district" logo I have ever seen. And there are so many mediocre ones out there. Brookside deserves better. The Brady Arts District logo is far better. Very plain and professional and not very inspiring, but looks amazing compared to Brookside's. The Pearl District's is pretty bad too but I digress.

Cherry Street has a pretty neat one:

Brookside should come up with something better. I'm (obviously) not a graphics designer, but I quickly put together something incorporating the Art Deco style around there which I think would be an upgrade:

Link to larger image: http://imgur.com/Rd6VuxZ.jpg
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 11:56:01 am »

A rebranding should be naturally coming when Gathering Place comes online. I'd imagine something with a river backdrop?
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 01:06:03 pm »

A rebranding should be naturally coming when Gathering Place comes online. I'd imagine something with a river backdrop?

I don't see it just "happening" unless someone takes charge. Maybe the company who helped push the new flag design (GitWit Creative) could design a new Brookside Logo. They'd be able to make something sleek.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 09:18:41 pm »

I think they have been working on a new logo.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 08:35:18 am »

I've heard that too.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 09:53:01 am »

That is good.

Does the Deco District have an official logo? On the website, it has a nice logo and there's a banner on the last image on the front page of "Deco District" with emblems that look neat and more deco with 2 D's back to back. http://decodistricttulsa.com/
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 10:21:00 am »

<sarcasm>
just trying to erase history 
Aren't there more important things to worry about?
</sarcasm>
rebound
City Father

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 11:12:35 am »

<sarcasm>
</sarcasm>

You absolutely beat me to this.   I'm on mobile and was going to wait to get to my PC to post somethng similar.

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 12:47:38 pm »

<sarcasm>
</sarcasm>

Yes, let's tear down these monuments to bad elementary 1990s graphics design!
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 09:13:21 pm »

That is good.

Does the Deco District have an official logo? On the website, it has a nice logo and there's a banner on the last image on the front page of "Deco District" with emblems that look neat and more deco with 2 D's back to back. http://decodistricttulsa.com/

Yes the circle thing at the top left is the official logo.  Hadn't noticed the design on the banner before, I kind of like it.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2017, 12:00:01 pm »

Yes the circle thing at the top left is the official logo.  Hadn't noticed the design on the banner before, I kind of like it.

Yeah, it is a neat emblem. I thought you might've made that one with its deco-esque flair.

That's a good official logo the district can be proud of.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2017, 01:55:09 pm »

The Deco Brookside logo makes me think immediately of the Brook Theatre. It's really classy and definitely reflects the area.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org