A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:13:03 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: James Lankford  (Read 27783 times)
joiei
City Father

« on: July 26, 2017, 02:00:47 pm »

I just received this message from our senator.  My response to him was which insurance company wrote his reply and how much did they pay him for that space?  The debate on healthcare has started.

On Tuesday, the Senate started the official debate to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act. The ‘motion to proceed’ procedural measure was only a vote to start debate, it was not the actual final vote on a healthcare bill. As I have said before, I want to support healthcare reforms that will lead to more affordable and practical options for Oklahomans of all socioeconomic levels and all health conditions. Republicans and Democrats both agree that the Affordable Care Act has major problems. We cannot let the extreme voices of fear and hyperbole prevent a substantive conversation about how to protect families in poverty and ensure greater choice for everyone. Congress’ intention is not to take healthcare away from Americans, it is to help create access to more options, lowers costs, and ultimately more freedom. Our office has received some questions about this process, so I wanted to explain what’s going in this video. Below the video are some additional facts about Obamacare and healthcare.

CLICK HERE to view my video message.

Affordable Care Act and Healthcare Facts:

Healthcare insurance premiums have increased 76 percent on average for Oklahoma residents on the Obamacare federal exchange. Oklahoma is one of five states to only have only one insurer on the exchange —Blue Cross Blue Shield—in 2017, joining South Carolina, Alaska, Alabama and Wyoming.
Since 2013, health insurance premiums have risen 105 percent, from an average of $2,784 in 2013 to $5,712 in 2017 on the federal exchange (an increase of $2,928), according to the Department of Health and Human Services. In Oklahoma, the situation is much worse, with premiums skyrocketing by 201 percent—$4,968 higher —since 2013.
At least 44 counties across America are projected to have no exchange insurer in 2018. That number will likely climb higher in 2019, according to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Most Americans receive their healthcare insurance through their employer. Although a much smaller percentage of Americans receive insurance through Obamacare exchanges, the law created regulations and taxes that impacted most employer-based insurance plans. CLICK HERE for a summary of where most Americans get their healthcare insurance.
The Affordable Care Act individual mandate was designed to force healthy people to buy insurance coverage, however, it has not accomplished that goal. Many healthy people have decided they would rather pay the IRS penalty than buy Obamacare coverage. According to the IRS, for 2015, 6.5 million people paid the individual mandate penalty and another 12.7 million claimed one of the various exemptions from paying the penalty. In fact, 95,910 families paid $20.9 million in Obamacare penalties in 2014, with the vast majority of these households making incomes of less than $50,000 a year.
Members of Congress and their office staffs have to buy health insurance through the Obamacare insurance exchange.
The first amendment after Tuesday’s ‘motion to proceed’ was a vote on an updated version of Better Care Reconciliation Act (BCRA). I voted for the amendment, but it failed by a vote of 43-57. CLICK HERE to read some information on the BCRA. This week, there will be many, many more amendments voted on and offered by both Republicans and Democrats.
For updates as the debate continues, please check my social media: Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.

Stay Connected!

If you would like more information on these topics, please do not hesitate to call my DC office at (202) 224-5754. My Oklahoma City office can be reached at (405) 231-4941 and my Tulsa office at (918) 581-7651. You can also follow me on Facebook or Twitter or Instagram for updates on my work in Congress.

Notice: If you wish to stop ALL electronic communications from my office, visit this link to opt out permanently from this list. If you have any questions about this Notice or your right to decline future electronic mail from this office, please contact us at United States Senate, 316 Hart Senate Office Building Washington, DC 20510.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 02:20:59 pm »

Well, it didn't take long for that to die.

https://twitter.com/dylanlscott/status/890301746521796609

Repeal and replace has 9 Republican senators opposed; straight repeal has at least seven opposed.

I'm waiting for the inevitable Twitter rage-fest coming from the Orange Clown soon.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 03:19:37 pm »

Langford is a tool.

He need to go back to choosing if the dining hall will have fries or tator tots with lunch and which bunk house does the morning prayer.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 03:27:52 pm »

Another set of his lies/distortions.  He is learning "The Inhofe Way" very quickly.

My insurance - totally outside of Obamacare - has gone up more and faster than what he is talking about.  Intellectually dishonest to keep spreading his BS.  Morally bankrupt to take away insurance from 20+ million.  

So the question for him is why isn't he going to try to do something to fix any problems that are present?  That is, after all, his job!

And no, it is not "major problems" - mid-course corrections are needed.  They have had more than 8 years to put together a plan!  Where is it??

« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 03:30:13 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 05:02:37 pm »

They have had more than 8 years to put together a plan!  Where is it??

The only "plan" was to dig into Obama.

Just change the title from ObamaCare to TrumpCare, and mission accomplished.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 08:04:14 am »

The only "plan" was to dig into Obama.

Just change the title from ObamaCare to TrumpCare, and mission accomplished.

Yep.  

And at that point we will have come full circle to what the Republicans said they supported in the first place, and actually helped implement as a proof of concept in Massachusetts under Romney.

Much like their spinning on cap-and-trade.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 08:05:45 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2019, 12:34:02 pm »

GOP Senator James Lankford says he doesn't think Trump is a role model for young people

Washington — Republican Senator James Lankford of Oklahoma criticized President Trump for his tweets and language, saying he doesn't believe the president is someone who young people can look up to.

"I don't think that President Trump as a person is a role model for a lot of different youth. That's just me personally," Lankford said on "Face the Nation." "I don't like the way that he tweets, some of the things that he says, his word choices at times are not my word choices. He comes across with more New York City swagger than I do from the Midwest and definitely not the way that I'm raising my kids."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/james-lankford-on-face-the-nation-gop-senator-says-he-doesnt-believe-trump-is-a-role-model-for-young-people/

"The President of the United States has, today alone, retweeted 2 QAnon fan accounts, a Pizzagate account, an account that compared his following to a cult, and an account that described Obama as 'Satan's Muslim Scum.' And this insanity isn't even a blip on the news radar."
https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/28/politics/trump-ukraine-whistleblower-twitter/index.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2020, 08:46:22 pm »

GOP Senator James Lankford says he doesn't think Trump is a role model for young people

Washington — Republican Senator James Lankford of Oklahoma criticized President Trump for his tweets and language, saying he doesn't believe the president is someone who young people can look up to.

"I don't think that President Trump as a person is a role model for a lot of different youth. That's just me personally," Lankford said on "Face the Nation." "I don't like the way that he tweets, some of the things that he says, his word choices at times are not my word choices. He comes across with more New York City swagger than I do from the Midwest and definitely not the way that I'm raising my kids."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/james-lankford-on-face-the-nation-gop-senator-says-he-doesnt-believe-trump-is-a-role-model-for-young-people/

"The President of the United States has, today alone, retweeted 2 QAnon fan accounts, a Pizzagate account, an account that compared his following to a cult, and an account that described Obama as 'Satan's Muslim Scum.' And this insanity isn't even a blip on the news radar."
https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/28/politics/trump-ukraine-whistleblower-twitter/index.html

Just noise from him.   He is still fully inserted into the Trump Sun Don't Shine Zone.   As shown today by his comments about the Iranian "attack".

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2021, 09:39:32 pm »

Officer Brian Sicknick is laying in state in the Capital rotunda tonight.  The ceremony started a couple of hours ago.  Covered by REAL news organizations.  While Fake Fox News continues with their verbal vomit of lies that helped T**** get us to this point.

I have listened to the Traitors talk for years about "supporting our police"... "the thin blue line"...."Blue Lives Matter".... 

There are at least 45 who literally have the chance right now in this time to step up and PROVE the bleating sounds they have been making are in fact REAL and TRUE!   In particular Inhofe and Lankford.   Anyone wanna make a bet on how that will go?

They will go along with the T**** Lie Machine.  They will prove their absolute disrespect for the officers that literally put their lives on the line to protect those two, along with all the rest.  And they will continue to put T**** over the man, along with at least two other officers, and several others, paid the ultimate price! 

None of the T**** apologists and 'Fellow Travelers' are fit to lick the bottom of the boots of that man, nor any of the others who died due to the T**** Treason!   And their ongoing complicity!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2021, 08:40:36 pm »

Rep Jamie Raskin gave the introductory speech today in the impeachment trial in the Senate.  In spite of all the evidence.  All the personal experiences.  All the videos showing the root cause of the Treason.   

44 of the current crop of Vile and Disgusting, voted to say the trial was unconstitutional.

In spite of the fact there is NO time limit written in that document.  And there is precedent.  But people who can actually read already know this.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2021, 07:29:26 pm »

Immoral and unethical are to be expected of Jim Inhofe - would never expect anything else.

Now, from a guy who claims to be a Baptist preacher, James Lankford, we will see if he will follow in the Inhofe steps and abandon all pretense of any decency, morals, or ethics.  And go along with his "base", who have shown what they are for many years.   Or will do the right thing and vote to convict and prohibit future Federal office.

Would be very curious to know if he, or Inhofe, even bothered to sit in on the impeachment trial proceedings today, and once again see what he went through on 1/6.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2021, 05:06:53 pm »

U.S. Sen. James Lankford's office confirmed Friday he has left the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre Centennial Commission over what it says was a shift from the organization's original goals.

Lankford's office said the commission was becoming increasingly partisan and he did not think it appropriate for him to continue.

Lankford's questioning of the 2020 presidential election results in some states caused some to call for his removal from the commission in January.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/racemassacre/lankford-steps-down-from-race-massacre-centennial-commission-citing-partisan-shift-in-goals/article_7d65fff4-bfe9-11eb-9d4c-c3b1cc86e083.html

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2021, 09:49:20 pm »

U.S. Sen. James Lankford's office confirmed Friday he has left the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre Centennial Commission over what it says was a shift from the organization's original goals.

Lankford's office said the commission was becoming increasingly partisan and he did not think it appropriate for him to continue.

Lankford's questioning of the 2020 presidential election results in some states caused some to call for his removal from the commission in January.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/racemassacre/lankford-steps-down-from-race-massacre-centennial-commission-citing-partisan-shift-in-goals/article_7d65fff4-bfe9-11eb-9d4c-c3b1cc86e083.html

I hope "you Democrats" can nominate someone i, as a Republican, can vote for.  I got a phone call today for my father (deceased in Jan 2001) asking for my support for some wacko supporting Donald Trump.  I told whoever it was that I will NOT support anyone continuing to support the "Donald". I continue to be a Republican trying to support someone not a right wing religious wacko that is still basically a conservative.  The Republican party needs to divest itself from the right wing religious wackos and Donald Trump.  There is room for a conservative party but not Trumpism.  Whew!

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2021, 07:09:02 am »

I hope "you Democrats" can nominate someone i, as a Republican, can vote for.  I got a phone call today for my father (deceased in Jan 2001) asking for my support for some wacko supporting Donald Trump.  I told whoever it was that I will NOT support anyone continuing to support the "Donald". I continue to be a Republican trying to support someone not a right wing religious wacko that is still basically a conservative.  The Republican party needs to divest itself from the right wing religious wackos and Donald Trump.  There is room for a conservative party but not Trumpism.  Whew!

The Republican party is ONLY right wing religious wackos and Donald Trump. Oh and Nazis. It's good you don't support them but honestly if the Dems were doing what the Repubs are doing right now I would leave the party and vote for anyone running against them.

It should also be noted that the Republican party hasn't been conservative on anything fiscally in a long time unless it's a spending program Democrats put forward. Like the Monty Python argument clinic skit - there is no Republican platform other than doing the opposite of whatever is proposed.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2021, 11:46:22 am »

The Republican party is ONLY right wing religious wackos and Donald Trump. Oh and Nazis. 

The broad brush attitude you present is a major contributor to the divisiveness in our country.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org