A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:57:23 am
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Global Warming/Climate Change/Global Weirding?  (Read 441473 times)
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #900 on: September 09, 2023, 05:34:04 am »

I never voted for him.

I honestly don't know anyone who specifically did. Most likely he got in due to the joke that is straight party voting.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #901 on: September 15, 2023, 02:46:46 pm »

Their propaganda isnt limited to climate-change denial; our right-wing-extremist State School Superintendent is also under their influence:  
https://www.edweek.org/teaching-learning/prageru-creator-of-controversial-social-studies-videos-now-has-a-toehold-in-schools/2023/08

We all knew he would be.  At least anyone with a brain knew.

One of the early leaders, and inspiration to many of these tin-hats, in climate change denial was a Clown named Arthur Brouhard Robinson.   He started out as an actual trained scientist who, after a rather pedestrian career at UC, San Diego, resigned after 4 years.  Linus Pauling thought he saw some potential so got him to help with the Linus Pauling Institute - President - until he went full Putin style fascist on one of the other members of the Executive Committee.  The entire board of Trustees then voted to get rid of him and keep the real scientist, Linus Pauling.

After that, no one else was fooled by his mediocre performance and his lies, so he went to Congress and became full blown tin-hat climate denier.

And yes, that would be Republican.  Of course.

Also a guy who, although he has done NO science in decades, says that ionizing radiation is good for the body, and that we should spread it around all cities to help people build immunity to said radiation!

And lets not forget the 14,000 vials of human urine he has been collecting for some unknown, unspecified use in the future.  He seems to have similar fixation with urine that Lauren Boebert has.  No doubt it will be for further Republican intrusion into healthcare of the people of this country!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Robinson

« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 02:48:30 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #902 on: September 18, 2023, 10:20:35 am »

I honestly don't know anyone who specifically did. Most likely he got in due to the joke that is straight party voting.

Needs to be abolished (straight party/ticket voting).  I know New Mexico did this fairly recently, and honestly, there are only six states that still offer this lazy voting option.   Alabama, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Oklahoma and South Carolina.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #903 on: October 25, 2023, 09:21:30 am »

In a single day, Hurricane Otis went from a nuisance to a monster.

The hurricane, which made landfall near Acapulco on Wednesday morning as a Category 5 hurricane, “explosively intensified” by about 115 mph in just 24 hours,
according to the National Hurricane Center, which called this a “nightmare scenario” for southern Mexico.

Only one other storm in recorded history — 2015’s Hurricane Patricia — has eclipsed that mark, it said in a forecast Tuesday night.
“Imagine starting your day expecting a stiff breeze and some rain, and overnight you get catastrophic 165 mph winds”

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/environment/hurricane-otis-rapid-intensification-climate-change-rcna122090

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #904 on: February 21, 2024, 10:40:49 am »

After heavy storms, Death Valley is now open to kayakers

https://www.latimes.com/environment/story/2024-02-21/after-storms-death-valley-is-now-open-for-kayaking
https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/experience/national-parks/2024/02/21/death-valley-national-park-lake-tourists/72676947007/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #905 on: February 21, 2024, 12:23:51 pm »

Seems this happens about every 10 years

https://www.livescience.com/planet-earth/flooding/rare-lake-forms-in-death-valley
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #906 on: February 21, 2024, 10:06:35 pm »

We went thru just before Christmas somewhere about 2011, and camped for a couple nights at Furnace Creek.  Went up to Scotty's Castle one day and while we were there, it rained for an hour or so.  On the way back there was a new lake north of the Borax works.  Probalby about 3 to 4 miles wide and drove along it for about 6 miles or so.  About 2" deep.   There were people stopped all along Scotty's Castle Road walking out onto the lake.  Looked like walking on water....

This was north of that lake - it did not get rain that day so it stayed dry.

Scotty's Castle got blasted from some flooding about 2015, I think.  Don't know if they have fixed it yet or not.  Trump sh%t on a bunch of funding for National Parks for his 4 years, so probably not done yet.

About 1984 I rode thru there on my HD the first week of August.  In late May that year they had flooding that washed out miles of the road around Furnace Creek.  The fix was lots of 3" gravel to put in a new road base before repaving.  So there I was riding about 10-12 mph thru large gravel road, sitting on top of an air cooled bike, outside temperature 124 deg F.   I got to Lathrop Wells - what is now called Armagosa Valley and stopped in the rest area under one of those shade trees.   Went to the old gas station next door, before it was the new 76 to get cold beer and ice water.   Across the street was the town brothel, where the fireworks building is now.   And no, I stayed on the cold beer side of the street! 

Not a fan of floods in Death Valley!  The place is beyond amazing though!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org