A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:09:15 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mobile friendly and/or responsive  (Read 13290 times)
BKDotCom
City Father

« on: July 18, 2017, 06:59:27 pm »

I avoid pulling up the forum on my phone.  It makes me sad.
Need some volunteers hours to get a mobile friendly forum?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 07:18:03 pm »

I avoid pulling up the forum on my phone.  It makes me sad.
Need some volunteers hours to get a mobile friendly forum?

We added the Tapatalk plugin which is supposed to provide that via an app, but it crapped out. Can't even seem to delete and reinstall at this point.

We need to convert SMF to a new major version, the current version and theme are very... anti-responsive. Too many fixed pixel sizes.

It's already an agenda topic in the vast TulsaNow management conglomerate. That and finding a new mailing address.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 08:08:52 pm »

We added the Tapatalk plugin which is supposed to provide that via an app, but it crapped out. Can't even seem to delete and reinstall at this point.

We need to convert SMF to a new major version, the current version and theme are very... anti-responsive. Too many fixed pixel sizes.

It's already an agenda topic in the vast TulsaNow management conglomerate. That and finding a new mailing address.

Tapatalk probably crapped out because you guys are running SMF 1.1 which is pretty old and I'm not sure they support it anymore.  Current SMF version is 2.0.14, but is not "responsive" as all good websites should be now for mobile devices.  The current beta on SMF (2.1.x) is responsive and is pretty robust and has been in beta for quite some time and IMO should really be considered a RC (release candidate).  I've been running a beta SMF on a site I manage for some time now.  If you have customizations though it could be problematic.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 09:26:02 pm »

Tapatalk probably crapped out because you guys are running SMF 1.1 which is pretty old and I'm not sure they support it anymore.  Current SMF version is 2.0.14, but is not "responsive" as all good websites should be now for mobile devices.  The current beta on SMF (2.1.x) is responsive and is pretty robust and has been in beta for quite some time and IMO should really be considered a RC (release candidate).  I've been running a beta SMF on a site I manage for some time now.  If you have customizations though it could be problematic.

The CSS is a dumpster fire and likely would get ditched. The only real customization other than that is a registration plugin to block spammers. That and the fact this site runs on windows.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org