A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:24:24 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State officials refuse to turn over voter roll data to Trump election panel  (Read 16974 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« on: June 30, 2017, 01:01:31 pm »

Explain to me why they think they would need this?  At the writing below, there were three states that refused to do this, but I've seen an update and it's up to about 10 (Oklahoma, surprisingly, is included in that list of ten).

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/340192-state-officials-refuse-to-turn-over-voter-roll-data-to-trump

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 08:10:02 am »

Wait, this guy has been sitting in the White House for over five months now and he wants an investigation into voter fraud because he didn’t win the popular vote?

The reason he didn’t win the popular vote is because he’s a dick.

Pure and simple.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 08:22:11 am »

Wait, this guy has been sitting in the White House for over five months now and he wants an investigation into voter fraud because he didn’t win the popular vote?

The reason he didn’t win the popular vote is because he’s a dick.

Pure and simple.

But he and many of his supporters seem to think that there were 3 million illegal votes cast.  When the evidence doesn't show it.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 11:43:58 am »

This is hilarious. It's completely reasonable that we spend zillions of dollars and spill gallons of ink looking into how Russia stole the election for Trump. An argument Obama laughed at ladt October.  But by God we better not see who actually voted in our election. That's crazy talk.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 11:48:16 am »

But he and many of his supporters seem to think that there were 3 million illegal votes cast.  When the evidence doesn't show it.

Next, he’s going to be demanding an inquiry into missing strawberries from the White House kitchen.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 01:50:08 pm »

This is hilarious. It's completely reasonable that we spend zillions of dollars and spill gallons of ink looking into how Russia stole the election for Trump. An argument Obama laughed at ladt October.  But by God we better not see who actually voted in our election. That's crazy talk.

No, what's hilarious is you believe Trump.

Now THAT is really sad.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 02:28:40 pm »

No, what's hilarious is you believe Trump.

Now THAT is really sad.
Well you tell us. What has Trump said about this request for voting records. I mean, I know the whole "Trump-conspired-with-Russia to throw the election his way" which Trump denied turned out to be true.

This is all so confusing. Trump won because of fraud and interference, but only the fraud and interference that idiots like you want to believe. Actually looking at who voted in our election, and seeing where that might lead--we can't have that. In that respect Trump is right. What are they afraid of?

Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 02:48:53 pm »

Next, he’s going to be demanding an inquiry into missing strawberries from the White House kitchen.

Captain Queeg - perfect!

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 03:38:10 pm »

Well you tell us. What has Trump said about this request for voting records. I mean, I know the whole "Trump-conspired-with-Russia to throw the election his way" which Trump denied turned out to be true.

This is all so confusing. Trump won because of fraud and interference, but only the fraud and interference that idiots like you want to believe. Actually looking at who voted in our election, and seeing where that might lead--we can't have that. In that respect Trump is right. What are they afraid of?

I for one have no problem with them looking to see if there was voter fraud and trying to determine how much there may have been and offering up potential solutions.  Actually I would push for it. BUT, what they are doing and asking for with this request seems inappropriate.  They can do what they are tasked to do without getting all the particular data points they are requesting (some which seem rather suspect and none of their business concerning what they are tasked with doing) and can definitely do a better job of working WITH the states to answer the question.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2017, 04:01:09 pm »

In some states, the commission is asking for information that states are legally bound from revealing. Yet Trump blasts all of them for being uncooperative. That's dumb. Nothing will get state officials to dig in their heels more than over-reaching demands from Washington.

Regardless, no investigation of voter fraud has ever turned up evidence of such wide spread fraud. Numbers are handfuls rather than the millions Trump alleges. So his comission will either fudge the numbers to fit his narrative, or as is more widely believed, provide a pretext for denying more Americans their voting rights.

Finally, as for Russian interference in our elections, nothing has been proven yet. That is most definitely not the same as denying it happened.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 04:02:44 pm by Ed W » Logged

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2017, 05:06:56 pm »

I for one have no problem with them looking to see if there was voter fraud and trying to determine how much there may have been and offering up potential solutions.  Actually I would push for it. BUT, what they are doing and asking for with this request seems inappropriate.  They can do what they are tasked to do without getting all the particular data points they are requesting (some which seem rather suspect and none of their business concerning what they are tasked with doing) and can definitely do a better job of working WITH the states to answer the question.

Exactly.  Why is address needed?  Smells like voter intimidation to me.  Oklahoma technically has complied, but only by releasing what is only publicly available (no SSN, name, county of registration I think and party affiliation).  They don't need my address.  Nor my social security number.  They're asking for too much under the guise of 'voter fraud investigating'.

I find it funny that the party of small government is pushing for government intervention on something that is typically a state function (voting).  Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2017, 05:08:57 pm »

And even funnier is this.   LOL.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/06/30/kris-kobach-says-hes-cant-comply-with-kris-kobachs-voter-data-request/

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2017, 05:12:05 pm »

And another thing...the whole voter fraud thing...is a solution looking for a problem.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/18/us/voter-fraud.html

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2017, 05:51:14 pm »

Get whatever information can be accessed and start there. Let's see where this goes. Whatever is revealed will answer whether or not there is fraud.

And as for voter suppression, I got no problem with suppressing the illegal or dead vote.

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2017, 06:24:54 pm »

Let's see where this goes.

They'll find a few scattered cases of voter fraud.  That'll be the excuse they need to enact voter suppression type measures.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org