A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:01:34 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: candidates for State Senate 37 seat (Newberry resigned for better job)  (Read 5461 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: June 20, 2017, 11:15:34 am »

First website I have seen...

https://oharaforok.com/

Power is nothing till you use it.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 11:28:37 am »

First website I have seen...

https://oharaforok.com/

Sorry, but when the first line of how he will make a decision is a religious values test, I'm out...

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 12:09:11 pm »

Oh, good. He's FOR education. He's FOR first responders, and he's FOR improved infrastructure. AND he's found $100 million in cuts that can be made IMMEDIATELY!

No details on any of those bold statements, though, leading me to think this guy is full of...um...trump.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 01:07:00 pm »

Oh, good. He's FOR education. He's FOR first responders, and he's FOR improved infrastructure. AND he's found $100 million in cuts that can be made IMMEDIATELY!

No details on any of those bold statements, though, leading me to think this guy is full of...um...trump.

$100 million in cuts to solve a billion dollar budget hole and so many underfunded needs. Perfect.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 01:55:46 pm »

Intellectually bankrupt at best.

The plaintive bleat of the truly ignorant on all things governing;   "Our state faces a massive budget shortfall for this fiscal year.  I’ve identified $100 million in cuts that can be made immediately."

At this point, the ongoing lies about how we can cut our way of these holes they have dug is beyond just stupid - it is morally bankrupt to keep selling their garbage!  Even Kansas, the state that was trying to outdo us on our race to the bottom, has recanted and come back from the ignorance and stupidstition of more/ongoing tax cuts for the richest and intentionally hurting the poorest/weakest.

He is a shoe in!

He was on the aquarium board, but not now...wonder what happened there?  All that talk of the importance of water being critically important to the overall health of the planet - that phrase must have drifted too close to an "evil tree hugger" position to be compatible with his beliefs.

Oh, carp... I just saw Newberry is resigning to get promoted at TTCU...and that used to be such a great credit union!!

« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 02:04:32 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 02:51:48 pm »

Public education does not exist for the benefit of students or the benefit of their parents. It exists for the benefit of the social order.

We have discovered as a species that it is useful to have an educated population. You do not need to be a student or have a child who is a student to benefit from public education. Every second of every day of your life, you benefit from public education.

So let me explain why I like to pay taxes for schools, even though I don't personally have a kid in school: It's because I don't like living in a country with a bunch of stupid people.

– John Green

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 08:31:29 pm »

Sounds like Gary Richardson's budget plan to cut a bunch of cheap things he doesn't like, like the filming incentives, and then make the big financial shift by deferring 50% of the energy company kickbacks in 2017 and 2018 to 2019, where we would suddenly be able to pay 4x the 2018 amount.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org