A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:40:16 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prairie Brewpub  (Read 9419 times)
erfalf
City Father

« on: June 20, 2017, 07:19:07 am »

Can't believe this is the first one for this place:

Location(s) Being Reviewed: Main @ Cameron (Brady District)
Date/Time of Visit: 6/17 @ 5:30
Quality of Food (1-5): 4
Menu/Food Options (1-5): 5
Quality of Service (1-5): 5
Atmosphere (1-5): 5
Overall Rating (1-5): 4
Price ($-$$$$$): $$$
What makes this restaurant unique: The selection of Prairie beers.

Tell us about your experience: Pre-ballgame dinner (the reason it was so early). Not really a family joint (had babysitters) but that is the intent. Really open space. Nice lighting. It wasn't overly busy, but again it was early. It wasn't the greatest food on the planet but that's not what I expected. I had a Prairie Burger which the best part was the garlic aioli & pickles. Maybe this is the OCD in me but the bun was way too big for the patty, which was a little strange. Wife had the Rotisserie Chicken. A little under seasoned in my book, but extremely well cooked. The sides were all great (truffle fries, mac n' cheese, roasted okra). Beer was great too obviously, but THAT I expected. Price was about what I expected as well.

Would most definately visit again.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
joiei
City Father

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 08:34:42 am »

Can't believe this is the first one for this place:

Location(s) Being Reviewed: Main @ Cameron (Brady District)
Date/Time of Visit: 6/17 @ 5:30
Quality of Food (1-5): 4
Menu/Food Options (1-5): 5
Quality of Service (1-5): 5
Atmosphere (1-5): 5
Overall Rating (1-5): 4
Price ($-$$$$$): $$$
What makes this restaurant unique: The selection of Prairie beers.

Tell us about your experience: Pre-ballgame dinner (the reason it was so early). Not really a family joint (had babysitters) but that is the intent. Really open space. Nice lighting. It wasn't overly busy, but again it was early. It wasn't the greatest food on the planet but that's not what I expected. I had a Prairie Burger which the best part was the garlic aioli & pickles. Maybe this is the OCD in me but the bun was way too big for the patty, which was a little strange. Wife had the Rotisserie Chicken. A little under seasoned in my book, but extremely well cooked. The sides were all great (truffle fries, mac n' cheese, roasted okra). Beer was great too obviously, but THAT I expected. Price was about what I expected as well.

Would most definately visit again.

From reading your written review I would not have expected you to rate food/menu a 5 and quality of food a 4. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 09:59:53 am »

having been shamed for giving a 5 star rating for a burger joints atmosphere...
What give's Prairie atmosphere a 5?
Somewhat bland if you ask me.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 10:25:46 am by BKDotCom » Logged
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 10:12:27 am »

What give's Prairie a 5?

I just thought the menu "selection" was wider than I expected. It wasn't JUST a burger joint. In fact I think there are only 2 burgers on the menu. They try to tie in the community, as I believe ribs from BurnCo were available that day. That's just taking it up a notch from most other places. I'm too liberal on my ranking probably, but who cares.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 10:23:22 am »

Maybe it just tasted better without children hanging all over me.  Wink

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 10:39:52 am »

Maybe it just tasted better without children hanging all over me.  Wink

Everything tastes better that way!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 10:56:00 am »

I just thought the menu "selection" was wider than I expected. It wasn't JUST a burger joint. In fact I think there are only 2 burgers on the menu. They try to tie in the community, as I believe ribs from BurnCo were available that day. That's just taking it up a notch from most other places. I'm too liberal on my ranking probably, but who cares.

I like Prairie.  I thought your numbers were about right.   I might knock the atmosphere one point.  Not for the style, which is intentionally sparse and I like that, but for the acoustics.  When it gets crowded, there is some kind of hollow echo off the ceiling that makes it hard for me to hear.  (and yes, I have old ears, but it's definitely worse there than other places.)

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 12:00:34 pm »

...but for the acoustics.  When it gets crowded, there is some kind of hollow echo off the ceiling that makes it hard for me to hear.  (and yes, I have old ears, but it's definitely worse there than other places.)

Must be a middle age thing.  #1 pet peeve of mine.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 01:44:06 pm »

Must be a middle age thing.  #1 pet peeve of mine.

That and bifocals....all y'all need them now, too!!  Lol....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 02:15:23 pm »

That and bifocals....all y'all need them now, too!!  Lol....

I had LASIK a few years ago to fix all that, and now it's starting to wear off.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 02:23:02 pm »

I had LASIK a few years ago to fix all that, and now it's starting to wear off.

Lasik only lasts maybe 10 years if you are lucky.  Then ya gotta have a "tune up" - get it done again.  And most people - especially old ones - still need reading glasses, the bifocal part of glasses!   I'm gonna pass - can spend that money on something better like a new pair of glasses and a trip to St. Thomas for a couple weeks!

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 09:02:44 am »

What give's Prairie atmosphere a 5?

Really? Prairie Brewpub has one of the best most interesting interiors in Tulsa, and maybe among the best in Oklahoma that I've been to. It absolutely deserves a 5 star atmosphere rating. It rivals some of the more interesting places I've been in Brooklyn and Austin. They have a fireplace with an elk and seats like a living room in a brewpub and incorporate barrels for taps in a very neat way; and they even pulled off using the original tiles. Plus, the patio might be the best in Tulsa with an amazing ambiance at night, right in the middle of awesome unique urban scenery.

If there's a place with a better atmosphere in Tulsa, please tell me what that is (Roosevelt's maybe? Same owners). The Tavern, Valkyrie, Bull in the Alley and Mixco are excellent as well, but I like the big old-industrial-style windows letting so much light in at Prairie Brewpub.

I would go there for the atmosphere even if they didn't have Burn Co BBQ and top-notch beer. I would go for the patio and location even if bad beer and reheated nachos were the only option.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 01:09:57 pm »

I thought it was a nice place that is going to probably be around for some time. You can tell they spent some serious money and took major effort to make it look really nice and professional. Besides, opinions are like rear ends...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org