A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:20:20 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bob Stoops Retirement  (Read 4378 times)
erfalf
City Father

« on: June 07, 2017, 01:21:05 pm »

That is the word around Norman apparently. Didn't see it coming myself.

Lincoln Riley is the man going forward according to reports.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 01:23:01 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised to see that he takes an NFL head coaching job.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 01:51:49 pm »

Congrats to Bob Stoops on a terrific career, and putting OU football back where it should be. And the team is in very good hands with Lincoln Riley.

But I am intrigued with the timing. Do you think Stoops was showing some loyalty to Trump, and decided to retire on the eve of James Comey's Senate testimony? I keed.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 02:08:54 pm »

There are some reports that it's health related, however some other reporters say that's been rebuked...not sure who to believe.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 04:36:11 pm »

He just bought a mult-million dollar home in the Gold Coast, Chicago.  His second in that area.  Conjecture around my Norman haunts is Chicago Bears coach.  Seems like too big a step down to me, though.

Just wondering how much he is gonna be able to sell his $20+ million mansion in Norman for?   Maybe I can buy it....take over payments...?  I drive by that place once in a while - notice I did NOT say McMansion?  Those are all across the street from him.  His is the real deal.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 12:04:30 pm »

He's not going to coach anywhere....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org