A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:21:06 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Midtown Village - new store(s)  (Read 20238 times)
BKDotCom
City Father

« on: June 02, 2017, 07:31:31 am »

So, Midtown Village..   nothing but Best Buy and Bed Bath Beyond for years.
Looks like World Market is opening "soon" (banner has said coming soon for seems like a couple of months).
Also noticed that a Sketchers store is going in.   This will be the first "notable" non-big box retail to go into the center
Let's see if they can keep the "momentum"
Markk
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 07:18:28 am »

If an In-And-Out Burger went in there, the place would be booked up in no time
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 10:15:39 am »

The burger aficionados on this forum don't like In-N-Out Burger.  Most actually despise it.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 02:37:27 pm »

Lol...

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 03:14:36 pm »

The burger aficionados on this forum don't like In-N-Out Burger.  Most actually despise it.

In-N-Out is kinda like a cult thing.  Not very good, but once in a while, ya just gotta get one.  Like Coney Islander!  Or Taco Bueno.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Markk
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 08:25:19 am »

I was commenting on what could drive people to that area and not on the quality of the food.  The last time I had In-And-Out, the fries were inedible.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 08:59:08 am »

I was commenting on what could drive people to that area and not on the quality of the food.  The last time I had In-And-Out, the fries were inedible.

Absolutely would drive people there.  The cult thing.

Random thoughts;
Ate at one in Dallas a couple years ago - less than impressed.  There was a shooting going on about 2 blocks away at the time...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Noodlez
Activist

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 09:33:44 am »

Originally there was to be a Red Robin and a Krispy Kreme if I remember right. The donuts might have brought people.
Myself I'd like to see a Smashburger.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 11:45:29 am »

Originally there was to be

I'd always heard Olive Garden.

My wife 2nd's the smash-burger.   Could use a midtown burger joint.
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2017, 12:34:14 pm »

I just want World Market to open. "Coming Soon"  Roll Eyes

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 12:44:10 pm »

Great visibility from the highway;  still confusing to get to.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 02:37:44 pm »

I'd always heard Olive Garden.

My wife 2nd's the smash-burger.   Could use a midtown burger joint.

Bill's.

joiei
City Father

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2017, 08:16:38 am »

Bill's.

Bill's is a great burger place but it is almost 8 miles away, not exactly in the neighborhood.  This part of town is sorely lacking in a good burger joint. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2017, 08:32:36 am »

Bill's is a great burger place but it is almost 8 miles away, not exactly in the neighborhood.  This part of town is sorely lacking in a good burger joint. 

There is a Ron's at the Farm, and Claud's on Peoria isn't that far away.   But I think if you are going to anchor that center with a burger joint, it's going to have to be a "name" chain.  I'm not a fan, but I do think a Smashbrothers would probably work well there.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2017, 08:56:16 am »

Oops...brain was thinking something else... 2 - 3 miles.  Oh, well.  It's those space/time distortion waves created by the current wrongness in the universe!  Higgs Bosun run amuck!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org