A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:50:27 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Full Moon Cherry Street changes to Crushed Red  (Read 11663 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2017, 10:28:58 am »

National chains can give an area some credibility. They can also be an option for those afraid to try new things.

This last weekend we were in Edmond for soccer and I suggested two Mexican restaurants. The first was a small Oklahoma chain called Alfredo's and the other a larger chain called On the Border.

The menus and prices were very similar. Both places were about the same size and were within two blocks of each other.

All but two of the families chose the national chain.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Gold
Citizen

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2017, 11:04:40 am »

Mi Cucina does OK, but not great.  Kind of like their food.  It's packed on Friday and Saturday night.  I'd like to know why they closed the bar off.  I suspect it's an ABLE commission issue, but the result is a claustrophobic situation if you go to the bar.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2017, 12:54:08 pm »

And in regards to Cherry Street. I think it is quite different than Downtown in that it's not quite a destination spot yet. It's still a neighborhood. And people move to that neighborhood because they obviously don't like 71st & Memorial. Hence the struggles of those types of establishments. It was mid day on a weekend, but my wife and I went to Mi Cosina a few months back and even it was pretty deserted. Does that place stay busy at least?

There are plenty of places in downtown that are deserted on the weekend (I went to a couple different brewpubs downtown on a recent Saturday and they were deserted. Downtown must not be a destination yet). Cherry St is obviously less of a destination than Blue Dome or Brady Arts District, but it is definitely still a destination and has been for longer. Back when I was in college before the BOK center, students went to hang out at Cherry St, not downtown. The main place people would go to downtown was McNellies after that opened. Cherry St has remained more established longer than downtown's Blue Dome or Brady. Kilkennies and Hideaway have always been a draw. Andollinis and Roosevelts really helped fill in the strip where there is a constant crowd even on weeknights.

There's a pretty good chance Cherry St has more people in the area and density in the neighborhoods around it then most parts of downtown on most nights (The population density is higher, in fact). Cherry St also has a much higher walkability rating than downtown. It might be the most convenient walkable neighborhood in Tulsa.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2017, 10:15:29 am »

But as for 15th street, that Longjohn Silver's needs to get eminent domian-ed, CVS is a vapid POS, and it's worth sending the corporate office of Crushed Red a letter about how stupid their idea is.  And somebody put that Quizno's out of its misery.

That Quiznos shut down. Anyone know what, if anything, might be going in?

Also, looks like something is getting put in east of where My Fit Foods was (was the Euro Mart). I also wonder if anything is replacing my fit foods.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2017, 10:16:47 am »

So is that really cool outdoor bar going to sit vacant?  This type of establishment doesn't seem like a "drinks" kind of place.  What a waste if the outdoor bar doesn't open back up.

It looks like that so far. Nothing on the patio. Looks like a deserted gazebo in a park.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2017, 10:20:27 am »

From the name, I was expecting a wine bar or at least a place with a deep wine list.  Or simply everything would have crushed red pepper on it.

I’m with the naysayers on this one.  If it makes it a couple of years, at least the building will have had recent updates instead of still sitting on 30 year old improvements when its time to find another tenant.

The concept really doesn’t puff my skirt.  If I were looking for pizza in the area, it would be Andolini’s.  I’m pretty sure most Tulsans would feel the same way or hit Hideaway. 

After trying it out and giving it a chance, I think I agree with you that it might not be long for that location. On the positive side, I think they improved the look of the outside overall though. Interior is nice for a chain and better than before but also kind of bland.

Review:
http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=21594.0
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org