A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:29:22 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Unhinging  (Read 16269 times)
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2017, 11:04:37 am »

Now people are whining about Chris Christie sunning himself on a beach that is closed to everyone else. When will this freak out end?  Tongue

If you can't see the abuse of power in Christie's action, there's no hope for you. Let me put it in terms you may understand. Suppose Obama closed a beach in Hawaii, then used it for a private family party. You'd be keeping so high that only dogs could hear you.

Are you really this hypocritical or are you merely playing a part?

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2017, 11:24:14 am »

If you can't see the abuse of power in Christie's action, there's no hope for you. Let me put it in terms you may understand. Suppose Obama closed a beach in Hawaii, then used it for a private family party. You'd be keeping so high that only dogs could hear you.

Are you really this hypocritical or are you merely playing a part?

I was kidding.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2017, 10:49:54 am »

Talk about unhinging - Trump Minions everywhere are now castigating NPR for their "revolutionary rhetoric and calls for rebellion"...

And of course, as anyone with even a fraction of a brain, it's another Emily Litella moment!  

NPR Morning Edition tweeted and also reads - every year for the last 29 years - the Declaration of Independence.  The tweetstorm they received is truly, literally, breath taking in its magnitude and scope!  From people who claim to be "Consitutionalists" and "originalists".  They haven't even read the thing!   But then, I guess it's not surprising given the literacy rate of the average Trump Minion.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/calling-for-a-revolution-trump-fans-triggered-after-npr-tweets-out-the-declaration-of-independence/

« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 11:00:03 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2017, 11:57:23 am »

So Ivanka sat in Trump's chair during a G20 event. We all know what happens next.

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2017, 03:29:00 pm »

So Ivanka sat in Trump's chair during a G20 event. We all know what happens next.

We all speculate on whatever it was that her daddy had to do that was more interesting/important/ego-gratifying than attending the meeting? We ask what background she has in international negotiations? We ask if Putin was missing too? We ask if any local golf courses were closed for security reasons? We ask if some hookers were hired to pee on an old, fat white guy?

That oughta cover it.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2017, 05:51:34 pm »

The butt-hurt continues.....

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2017, 11:25:47 pm »

The butt-hurt continues.....

The insight you add to this forum just astounds me...

Roll Eyes

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2017, 12:14:05 pm »

Roll Eyes

Meh. You are astounded by 2 + 2 = 4.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2017, 10:00:54 pm »

Meh. You are astounded by 2 + 2 = 4.

2+2 = 11 if you use base 3.

Grin

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2017, 10:28:24 am »

She catches an STD...sitting after him ??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2017, 10:30:01 am »

Roll Eyes

He always has some type of 6th grade potty humor to add to every discussion!

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2017, 12:09:11 pm »

2+2 = 11 if you use base 3.

Grin

I am SURE Hoss uses base 3 all the time.

joiei
City Father

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2017, 08:52:43 am »

FInding Guido  https://vimeo.com/223649321

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2017, 12:23:08 am »

The music does make it...

https://twitter.com/Bmac0507/status/900416052814794752

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2017, 11:52:20 am »

The title of this thread seems more fitting to describe what is going on with the current administration and the GOP in congress.

Here's this one:

America's Credit Rating On The Line As Debt Ceiling Deadline Approaches

With the federal government getting closer to running out of cash to cover all bills on time, companies that evaluate bonds are having to consider how to rate America's creditworthiness.

And their job didn't get any easier on Thursday when President Trump continued his attacks on congressional leaders over their failure to raise the federal debt ceiling.

Other U.S. officials have been trying reassure the financial markets that no default is imminent.

But in a morning tweet, Trump blamed the two top Republicans in Congress — House Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell — for not attaching the debt-ceiling legislation to a popular bill on veterans' benefits. Whether that legislative strategy would have worked cannot be known. Further, attaching the debt ceiling to the veterans bill could have endangered one of the few legislative achievements Congress could claim in the midst of the GOP health care failure.

The story continues but you get the idea...
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org