A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:16:27 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Russell Stovers to close?  (Read 15113 times)
TeeDub
« on: April 30, 2017, 10:14:03 am »

I hear that the Russell Stovers at Utica Square is not getting its lease renewed.  

Supposedly their last day is May 11 and everything is currently discounted.

A store closing sign with 75% off was attached to the store this morning.  (Or so I hear.)
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 10:40:35 am »

I hear that the Russell Stovers Chocoladefabriken Lindt & Sprüngli AG at Utica Square is not getting its lease renewed.  

Supposedly their last day is May 11 and everything is currently discounted.

A store closing sign with 75% off was attached to the store this morning.  (Or so I hear.)

FIFY Wink

So is this Utica Square deciding not to renew the lease or the store not renewing? Apparently they may be re-branding the stores as Lindt after being purchased.

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/morning_call/2014/07/russell-stover-to-be-bought-for-1-5-billion.html

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2016/03/08/russell-stover-candies-lindt-profits.html

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 12:04:50 pm »

FIFY Wink

So is this Utica Square deciding not to renew the lease or the store not renewing? Apparently they may be re-branding the stores as Lindt after being purchased.

With the long-term construction at their doorstep I imagine a number of businesses would be under-performing.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
cbs
Citizen

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 07:05:33 pm »

You guys will like what's going in there. It will be a similar thing. I can't find if it's been publicly announced so I won't spill the beans until I can confirm it's public.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 08:30:31 pm »

You guys will like what's going in there. It will be a similar thing. I can't find if it's been publicly announced so I won't spill the beans until I can confirm it's public.

Will it be built before or after the things replacing Petty's and Miss Jackson's?
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 08:54:24 pm »

You can tell us.  We won't tell anyone.

Grin

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 10:03:00 pm »

cbs
Citizen

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2017, 10:31:53 pm »

Will it be built before or after the things replacing Petty's and Miss Jackson's?

Don't have a timeline but it's someone who doesn't putz around and is a perfect fit for Utica Square.
Dspike
Activist

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 07:20:11 am »

I have no actual knowledge. But based on those hints, I'm guessing Glacier Confection. Would be a good fit. If so, hope its in addition to the downtown spot.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 07:31:07 am »

I have no actual knowledge. But based on those hints, I'm guessing Glacier Confection. Would be a good fit. If so, hope its in addition to the downtown spot.

Facebook comments have said its Glacier.  I actually like the idea of a local shop being there, but I get the nostalgia of Russel Stover having been there for so long.  It was unlikely to last much longer anyway because RS is being acquired by a Swiss company and has been closing shops like this for a while.
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2017, 07:44:18 am »

Glacier is (also?) opening a new location in the building on Archer between Cincinnati at Detroit being rehabbed by the Kaiser Foundation.

"With nine of the 10 retail tenants confirmed, the building will include Strange Donuts, Goods Bodega, Lone Wolf restaurant and bar, Glacier Confection, Holy Mountain Records, Magic City Books, and Made." http://gtrnews.com/greater-tulsa-reporter/14554/east-village-brady-see-new-projects

Does that cut make it more or less likely they're going to Utica Sq? Maybe once you're in the mood to expand you expand a lot. On the other hand, they could already have their hands full opening one new store and don't have time for two.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2017, 09:29:46 am »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/retail/russell-stover-location-to-close-at-utica-square/article_a688f3c6-834b-5679-a299-fc94aaaf6dbd.html

Power is nothing till you use it.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2017, 09:48:55 am »

Glacier is (also?) opening a new location in the building on Archer between Cincinnati at Detroit being rehabbed by the Kaiser Foundation.

"With nine of the 10 retail tenants confirmed, the building will include Strange Donuts, Goods Bodega, Lone Wolf restaurant and bar, Glacier Confection, Holy Mountain Records, Magic City Books, and Made." http://gtrnews.com/greater-tulsa-reporter/14554/east-village-brady-see-new-projects

Does that cut make it more or less likely they're going to Utica Sq? Maybe once you're in the mood to expand you expand a lot. On the other hand, they could already have their hands full opening one new store and don't have time for two.

The two location thing concerned me too. Especially in the same timeframe. "Expanded my own business too fast" is one of the "why do you want to work here" checkboxes on the Taco Bell assistant manager application.
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2017, 10:34:50 am »

Hopefully they are not moving in the Archer building and another cool tenant is. We don't need to have two chocolate shops by the same company one block away from each other.

Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2017, 10:49:26 am »

Hopefully they are not moving in the Archer building and another cool tenant is. We don't need to have two chocolate shops by the same company one block away from each other.

That bothered me, too.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org