A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:37:03 am
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Hillary--The Implications  (Read 99840 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2017, 11:43:53 pm »

BUT the ONE BIG difference that YOU don't get is that Clinton's problems were between consenting adults. 

Except for the ones he raped or made unwanted advances at.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #121 on: August 26, 2017, 08:11:43 pm »

Which kind of proves my earlier point of like political views.

Sad

rebound
City Father

« Reply #122 on: August 28, 2017, 10:16:38 am »

Who did Clinton rape?   Did I miss that, or am I mis-reading this comment?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #123 on: August 28, 2017, 03:20:37 pm »

Are you being serious or obtuse?

We can start with Juanita Broderick who claims it was an all out rape in Little Rock. Then there Kathleen Willey who claims it was a sexual assault in the Oval Office, and Paula Jones who claims Clinton exposed himself.  All which are criminal acts.  Granted only one of the three are “rape” but there was a clear pattern following him.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #124 on: August 28, 2017, 03:52:18 pm »

Google "Trooper Gate".
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #125 on: August 28, 2017, 04:05:46 pm »

Google "Trooper Gate".

What does Mary Failin's affair have to do with anything?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #126 on: August 29, 2017, 08:32:34 am »

Oh, please.... Still a long way to go in that recovery...!  The debunking of all that stuff has been around for years.  And David Brock and Ken Starr both have admitted to their parts in all the carp.  And apologized for it.  Even wrote books to try to undo some of the lies they spun.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #127 on: August 29, 2017, 08:35:39 am »

Are you being serious or obtuse?

We can start with Juanita Broderick who claims it was an all out rape in Little Rock. Then there Kathleen Willey who claims it was a sexual assault in the Oval Office, and Paula Jones who claims Clinton exposed himself.  All which are criminal acts.  Granted only one of the three are “rape” but there was a clear pattern following him.

Check your spelling, too.

Statement in 1997;

Broaddrick filed an affidavit with Paula Jones' lawyers stating there were unfounded rumors and stories circulating "that Mr. Clinton had made unwelcome sexual advances toward me in the late seventies... These allegations are untrue"

So which time was she lying??

She also says she told her husband, but HE says he doesn't remember that at all.   I think that is something a husband would remember.  I would.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 08:37:43 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #128 on: August 29, 2017, 08:44:14 am »

The whole Troopergate thing, like Whitewater, was a smear jobs funded by Clinton enemies and was much more than thoroughly investigated by Ken Starr who brought no charges.

That does not mean that Clinton is innocent of sexual misconduct. I doubt rape, but I am not sure. Broaddrick’s story certainly changed over the years. I am sure he cheated constantly and he probably at least came on to women in very gross ways. 
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #129 on: August 29, 2017, 08:59:49 am »

The whole Troopergate thing, like Whitewater, was a smear jobs funded by Clinton enemies and was much more than thoroughly investigated by Ken Starr who brought no charges.

That does not mean that Clinton is innocent of sexual misconduct. I doubt rape, but I am not sure. Broaddrick’s story certainly changed over the years. I am sure he cheated constantly and he probably at least came on to women in very gross ways. 

He was always a womanizer.  Most of whom turned him away and ya never heard another thing about it.  The ones we heard about so much were found to have 'mixed' stories - every one.  Like maybe they were up for it to start, but then when husbands found out, not so much.  And these were in every case coached and vetted by the organization that also hired Ken Starr and David Brock.

Both of whom have recanted.

Don't care about Billy Bob's sexual exploits - I still suspect he and Hillary were 'swingers' and into group activities. 

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #130 on: August 29, 2017, 10:53:34 am »

So Clinton’s accusers lack veracity but Trump’s don’t.  M’kay, Heir.

At least swake is willing to be objective about it.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #131 on: August 29, 2017, 11:04:30 am »

So Clinton’s accusers lack veracity but Trump’s don’t.  M’kay, Heir.

At least swake is willing to be objective about it.

Didn't say that at all - what I said was the specific one YOU mentioned (and there have been others that made accusations that were debunked) have been shown to be at best ambiguous, and in Broaddrick's case, flat out lied about at least one of the things - either it did or it didn't - NOT both.  It's the actual historical record.

And mass number of Trump's accusers are only verifying what Trump himself has specifically mentioned himself - all they are doing is verifying, yeah, that's what he did all right.  Like the women in the beauty pageant he said he walked in on naked.  And the 16 year old girls he said he walked in on because he "had to check them out - make sure everything is ok...".   Couple of dozen of the adult women AND the teen age girls made statements saying, yes that is what he did.

But ok, if you don't see a difference in that, well, that's just sad.  Goes to the whole recovery effort and whether it is working or not.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #132 on: August 29, 2017, 04:37:51 pm »

Didn't say that at all - what I said was the specific one YOU mentioned (and there have been others that made accusations that were debunked) have been shown to be at best ambiguous, and in Broaddrick's case, flat out lied about at least one of the things - either it did or it didn't - NOT both.  It's the actual historical record.

And mass number of Trump's accusers are only verifying what Trump himself has specifically mentioned himself - all they are doing is verifying, yeah, that's what he did all right.  Like the women in the beauty pageant he said he walked in on naked.  And the 16 year old girls he said he walked in on because he "had to check them out - make sure everything is ok...".   Couple of dozen of the adult women AND the teen age girls made statements saying, yes that is what he did.

But ok, if you don't see a difference in that, well, that's just sad.  Goes to the whole recovery effort and whether it is working or not.

Trump was accused of walking in on naked women.  That's a bit different than showing Little Willy to an unsuspecting female, and sexually assaulting others.

It's quite common for rape victims to either keep the assault to themselves or outright deny it.  That's a known issue with rape victims.

http://www.npr.org/2016/10/09/497291071/a-brief-history-of-juanita-broaddrick-the-woman-accusing-bill-clinton-of-rape

I think we can at least agree on one thing, people with wealth and power have a sense of entitlement and can get away with more than you or I could (not that I'd ever want to get away with the smile these two as$ clowns have)

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #133 on: August 29, 2017, 05:51:54 pm »

Trump was accused of walking in on naked women.  That's a bit different than showing Little Willy to an unsuspecting female, and sexually assaulting others.

It's quite common for rape victims to either keep the assault to themselves or outright deny it.  That's a known issue with rape victims.

http://www.npr.org/2016/10/09/497291071/a-brief-history-of-juanita-broaddrick-the-woman-accusing-bill-clinton-of-rape

I think we can at least agree on one thing, people with wealth and power have a sense of entitlement and can get away with more than you or I could (not that I'd ever want to get away with the smile these two as$ clowns have)

Oh god no Conan. Trump has done far more than his walk-in on the Miss Universe Pageant, which he was accused of doing by several women.

Trump was also accused of a very ugly forcible rape by Ivana which was backed up by others that she told at the time. The account of the rape is really, really nasty. The accusation was sealed as part of the settlement of their divorce, but he most certainly has been very credibly accused of rape.

Trump also was accused, by six different witnesses, of walking in on naked teens as young as 13. You know, at the Jr Miss Pageant, just like he bragged about.

And that's all aside from the couple of dozen accusations of dropping trou and showing off his little Cheetos, forcible groping and fondling women, all as bad and worse, than anything Clinton was ever accused of. With many, many more accusers.

He's currently fighting against being deposed in a related lawsuit from one of the women saying he is protected while he is president.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 05:58:14 pm by swake » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #134 on: August 29, 2017, 08:30:18 pm »

Oh god no Conan. Trump has done far more than his walk-in on the Miss Universe Pageant, which he was accused of doing by several women.

Trump was also accused of a very ugly forcible rape by Ivana which was backed up by others that she told at the time. The account of the rape is really, really nasty. The accusation was sealed as part of the settlement of their divorce, but he most certainly has been very credibly accused of rape.

Trump also was accused, by six different witnesses, of walking in on naked teens as young as 13. You know, at the Jr Miss Pageant, just like he bragged about.

And that's all aside from the couple of dozen accusations of dropping trou and showing off his little Cheetos, forcible groping and fondling women, all as bad and worse, than anything Clinton was ever accused of. With many, many more accusers.

He's currently fighting against being deposed in a related lawsuit from one of the women saying he is protected while he is president.

I know what he’s been accused of, swake.  I was commenting back on Heir mentioning the walking in on nude pageant contestants.  I have little doubt Trump has taken certain liberties, yet one of the many reasons I’ve despised this man for decades.

As far as the rape allegation from Ivana Trump, she has since walked it back.  I think we can agree that ABC would be as non-partisan a source as you could find, yes?

Donald Trump's first wife, Ivana Trump, said today that she is "the best of friends" with her ex-husband, responding to a report in the Daily Beast on Monday that cited her 1989 divorce case deposition in which the former Mrs. Trump claimed Trump allegedly raped her once.

A statement today from Ivana Trump appeared to refute the allegations in the deposition, which were revealed in a 1993 book, "The Lost Tycoon: The Many Lives of Donald J. Trump."

"I have recently read some comments attributed to me from nearly 30 years ago at a time of very high tension during my divorce from Donald," she said in the statement today. "The story is totally without merit. Donald and I are the best of friends and together have raised 3 children that we love and are very proud of."

Ivana Trump had already walked back the rape allegation in 1993 as the book was about to be published.

“During a deposition given by me in connection with my matrimonial case, I stated that my husband had raped me,” Ivana Trump said in a statement at the time, as the Daily Beast reported. "
  • n one occasion during 1989, Mr. Trump and I had marital relations in which he behaved very differently toward me than he had during our marriage. As a woman, I felt violated, as the love and tenderness, which he normally exhibited towards me, was absent. I referred to this as a 'rape,' but I do not want my words to be interpreted in a literal or criminal sense."
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trumps-wife-ivana-disavows-rape-allegation/story?id=32732204

Of course, we have no idea how much the original allegations in the depo were an attempt to sweeten the settlement nor do we know if she was paid a Trumpster-load of cash to walk this back now.  That’s the sometimes disgusting aspect of the rich and famous.  Most everyone has their price for silence or some other action and slime balls like Trump and the Clintons have either the cash or influence to make it happen.

Bill Clinton and Donald Trump are cut from the same cloth.  Clinton being more charismatic either makes it more palatable or less believable when he engages is accused of engaging in sicko behavior.  And I will admit Clinton was a reasonably good president, personal peccadilloes aside.  The Trump Admin on the other hand, is a rolling train wreck.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 08:32:12 pm by Conan71 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org