A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:26:28 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Save Our State!  (Read 12256 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2017, 01:27:57 pm »

Or that Andrew Jackson, who died a full 15 years before the Civil War got started, could have stopped it.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/01/politics/donald-trump-civil-war-comments-sirius-interview/index.html

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2017, 01:42:08 pm »

^^^maybe reading comprehension should be taught more. Or a class on original thinking. Right patric?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2017, 11:16:54 am »

^^^maybe reading comprehension should be taught more. Or a class on original thinking. Right patric?

Ahhh...yes!!   RWRE approach to the world - when the point is about the ignorance of Trump, attempt an attack - regardless of how feeble - on the one mentioning it. 

For people with actual thought processes out there;

This is what I go on about relentlessly, here and elsewhere - NO knowledge, sense, or understanding, of history!!  It has brought us to where we are now, with RWRE and the Hijacked Republican Party.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2017, 11:26:45 am »

This is a good place to pose another question about the state of our state.

Out from under what rock did Frank Keating crawl to start meddling in Oklahoma's business!  Not even born here, he managed to send us spiraling down a dark path, then when he and his cronies had 'milked' that cow as hard as he could, he bales out and moves east to be closer to his swamp buddies in McLean, VA.  He has been part of that 'disconnected from reality' group in the Washington area for so long, he wouldn't even know what waving wheat looks like at this point!

But since his oil buddies need a mouthpiece, he is yapping about how we should attack the wind energy business - one of the truly bright spots in Oklahoma going forward to the future in terms of good paying jobs, technology advancement, creator of demand for better education/training.  ALL the things Failin' and the Clown Show talk about but never actually do anything about.  Well, except for make the state less educated...there is that...!  Oh, yeah...and keep all the tax breaks/perks for their oil buddies...that too!

Quick Reference;
Wind generation in OK is a little over 3,000 Megawatts.  Compare to TX, which so many of the RWRE in-state tout as example that has over 17,000 Megawatts generation capacity.  Why don't we have 17,000??   Or 50,000 ??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
johrasephoenix
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2017, 08:47:24 pm »

Also note that the greatest engines of the knowledge economy - NYC, Boston, the Bay Area, Seattle, etc - are very high tax jurisdictions.  The tax regime doesn't seem to have slowed down growth.

Why?  Because companies move there for the highly educated workforce.  It's why 4 day a week school is mortgaging the future.  Its why the rule preventing a four year public university in Tulsa to protect a community college's turf is just about the most self-defeating law imaginable. 
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2017, 09:08:05 pm »

Also note that the greatest engines of the knowledge economy - NYC, Boston, the Bay Area, Seattle, etc - are very high tax jurisdictions.  The tax regime doesn't seem to have slowed down growth.

Why?  Because companies move there for the highly educated workforce.  It's why 4 day a week school is mortgaging the future.  Its why the rule preventing a four year public university in Tulsa to protect a community college's turf is just about the most self-defeating law imaginable. 

Even in Oklahoma. Jenks is the fastest growing city, and has the highest taxes and the best school system.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2017, 10:16:25 am »

We have always known that the higher tax rate locations outperform - at every level.  And they don't have to be the highest - just higher than what Failin' and her Clown Show want us to understand.  There is NO budget problem in Oklahoma, there is ONLY a lack of will to do what needs to be done!

As much as one might dislike taxes, they ARE what make the entire "society/culture" of an area possible.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org