A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:30:31 pm
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finalists for the new Tulsa flag  (Read 33271 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2017, 02:19:40 pm »

Don't know what the first thing is..  Probably the sun.   It's definitely a circle though, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
Two are definitely the sun more than they are "O"
The fountain thing might be the top of an "O"

Was there a "none-of-the-above" choice regarding the new pedestrian bridge?

I like the Japanese Chrysanthemum motif in the 3rd one.  But we don't have ocean nearby, so there is that....

If we are gonna have water, ought to be a river look.  We don't do waves here.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2017, 08:56:16 am »

Don't know what the first thing is..  Probably the sun.   It's definitely a circle though, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
Two are definitely the sun more than they are "O"
The fountain thing might be the top of an "O"

Was there a "none-of-the-above" choice regarding the new pedestrian bridge?

Admittedly, it's easy to use an "O" for Orlando and combine it with a sun motif, or similar.   But it's definitely supposed to be an "O" for Orlando as well. 

The first option for the Tulsa flag also incorporated a stylized "T", which is one aspect of it I do like.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2017, 11:26:56 am »

Heck, why not just have a flag with a big blue "T" on it on a yellow background, or some such colors.

Sweet Jesus on toast...Hell son, I thought you were dead.

...or back in prison...
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2017, 02:20:35 pm »

Sweet Jesus on toast...Hell son, I thought you were dead.

...or back in prison...

Is that anything like "Christ on a corndog"?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2017, 02:55:26 pm »

Is that anything like "Christ on a corndog"?

I've always heard it as Jesus Christ on a Cracker
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2017, 03:18:07 pm »

I've always heard it as Jesus Christ on a Cracker

I was making a vague movie reference from a recent viewing.  Hoping someone would pick it up.  I'll wait.  Smiley

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2017, 09:07:03 am »

Teach the controversy: 

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/effort-to-replace-tulsa-s-city-flag-now-drawing-criticism/article_206564bc-22b4-56db-a76a-e653e45622b0.html
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2017, 09:16:59 am »

One of the comments to that article talked about if it ain't broke, don't fix it...like with state license tags.

I would submit that if no one even knows we have a flag, let alone what it looks like, we do have a little bit of a problem.  Life changing?  No, not at all.  But it would be a very nice to have thing if we can get to something more notable and memorable than now.  I don't begrudge our Councilors working on this - it is a valid civic activity to me.

And the state license tag - the old one was nice.  Rather attractive.  Have been watching the new one for months and it is just pure bu$$ ugly!!   Could have been good if they had done the bird on the side, with some color, similar to what the old tag did with the statue picture.  Can't tell what that thing is supposed to be now.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2017, 12:56:30 pm »

They should have gotten Twitter to sponsor the new tags
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org