A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:44:36 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Donald Trump and Riverwalk Crossing  (Read 10801 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: April 17, 2017, 04:52:49 pm »

This post was split from the original.  You can discuss the politics or lack thereof here, and you may discuss development in the other thread. Everyone is (or should be) happy.  - Moderator

Flying T is open and doing well along with Los Cabos and The Melting Pot still going as they always have.

Andolini's and a new place called Maryn's Taphouse and Raw Bar are due to open this month.

Now Burn Co will open a second location, one that will serve dinner as well as lunch, due to open about July 4th.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/food/burn-co-bbq-adding-location-to-riverwalk-crossing-serving-dinner/article_1a93f2c7-2635-547d-ad14-a949f668acd1.html

How about that. The Riverwalk was in drastic decline under Obama. Trump is president for three months and that area is already revitalized.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 07:41:34 am by Moderator » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
David
Citizen

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 07:51:00 pm »

How about that. The Riverwalk was in drastic decline under Obama. Trump is president for three months and that area is already revitalized.

Stop ruining the forum.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 08:17:08 pm »

Stop ruining the forum.

It was a lot nicer with him gone.  I've decided however to stop feeding the troll.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 07:13:32 am »

Stop ruining the forum.

It's much better with no opposition therefore back slapping can continue unabated by thoughtful inquiry or musings of the inferior.

This is the attitude that makes this place difficult to bear to be honest.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 07:17:42 am »

That being said, it is nice to see things coming back to Riverwalk. It seemed like a good idea, been there several evening and not that I am a huge Los Cabos fan, I do enjoy the evening atmosphere and bar outside, music and all.

My issue has always just been the tenants. Unimpressed mostly with the mix restaurants and retail. Nothing really to draw me in.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 07:19:11 am »

It's much better with no opposition therefore back slapping can continue unabated by thoughtful inquiry or musings of the inferior.

So, you're ok with the ad hominem attacks coming from certain people?  I don't mind debate, certain people on here feel the need to do that when they have no debate.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

rebound
City Father

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 07:20:17 am »

There is a difference between having an honest opposing position, and being an @sshat.  On both sides, this forum sometimes devolves into simply takings shots at the other side.   It's great when this forum gets into real discussions on things, with different people discussing (sometimes at great length) the topic.  Unfortunately, not everyone keeps to that behavior.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 07:20:37 am »

The injection of toddler level politics into threads that have nothing to do politics is good? This thread has nothing to do with Trump's inferiority.

You just don't like to be confronted with opposition to Trump's asinine and often evil polices and actions. But let's please keep all that in the politics forum, k?
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 07:35:41 am »

Agreed...good work....

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 07:45:36 am »

Agreed...good work....

Yes, your drive by pointless insults are so uplifting to forum.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2017, 08:21:19 am »

So, you're ok with the ad hominem attacks coming from certain people?  I don't mind debate, certain people on here feel the need to do that when they have no debate.

You are telling me you don't take a quick cheap shot funny attach from time to time. Come off your high horse a bit.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2017, 08:43:39 am »

You are telling me you don't take a quick cheap shot funny attach from time to time. Come off your high horse a bit.

MY high horse?  This was a completely non-political thread which had the usual suspect posting political BS on here.  I attach stuff that pertains to the subject at hand.  Others, however....

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2017, 08:44:47 am »

Leave Huey alone. That guy is the biggest baby in this place, been so for years. He may be the biggest baby in this town.

Here is some of his genius threads he started (but oh yeah he contributes):

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=21358.0

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=20953.0

I came back to this place in part to just see how much of a joke it had become since the election and I was not disappointed. Even others agree.

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=21478.0

I was saddened to see that the same 3-4 people sill gather themselves in a circle to stroke each others' opinions and bash Oklahoma. To them, and they know who they are, this place is group therapy because nowhere else would anyone give a crap about their views.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2017, 09:19:25 am »

Leave Huey alone. That guy is the biggest baby in this place, been so for years. He may be the biggest baby in this town.

Here is some of his genius threads he started (but oh yeah he contributes):

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=21358.0

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=20953.0

I came back to this place in part to just see how much of a joke it had become since the election and I was not disappointed. Even others agree.

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=21478.0

I was saddened to see that the same 3-4 people sill gather themselves in a circle to stroke each others' opinions and bash Oklahoma. To them, and they know who they are, this place is group therapy because nowhere else would anyone give a crap about their views.

Trolls are gonna troll.
David
Citizen

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2017, 03:07:47 pm »

I've been off and on this forum for nearly a decade. The fact you can't make a post about the Riverwalk without a Donald Trump meme shows just how far it's gone downhill. For what it's worth, I used to obsessively check this forum because it was without question the best place to read thoughtful discussions about Tulsa. I don't care if you are liberal, conservative or moderate. When it comes to local issues none of that really matters...well, it used to not.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org