A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:51:00 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Too Crazy for FOX  (Read 81162 times)
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2018, 10:12:24 am »

How does Shep stay on Fox?  I've always been baffled.  Whether it was his rant about torture, or his criticism of Fox's beloved Cheeto Jesus, I've wondered about why they don't dismiss him for toeing the network line.

It's a bit of credibility that they can hang on to.

Fox daytime used to be half way down the middle. After 5pm though was always a completely different story. Now, however (as you are also seeing in other networks and in print), opinion is bleeding into the news sections. 10-15 years ago, I honestly thought of Fox News daytime in the same light as I did CNN and MSNBC daytime. Pretty boring, basic reporting with little opinion. Yes, they probably made decisions on what to actually air that may have been biased, but that has been going on for a really long time in all formats.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2018, 09:38:10 pm »

Earlier this month, CNN’s Brian Stelter broke the news that Sinclair Broadcast Group, owner or operator of nearly 200 television stations in the U.S., would be forcing its news anchors to record a promo about “the troubling trend of irresponsible, one sided news stories plaguing our country.” The script, which parrots Donald Trump’s oft-declarations of developments negative to his presidency as “fake news,” brought upheaval to newsrooms already dismayed with Sinclair’s consistent interference to bring right-wing propaganda to local television broadcasts.

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/how-americas-largest-local-tv-owner-turned-its-news-anc-1824233490

In Tulsa, the Sinclair Broadcast station is KTUL.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2018, 09:59:41 pm »

Earlier this month, CNN’s Brian Stelter broke the news that Sinclair Broadcast Group, owner or operator of nearly 200 television stations in the U.S., would be forcing its news anchors to record a promo about “the troubling trend of irresponsible, one sided news stories plaguing our country.” The script, which parrots Donald Trump’s oft-declarations of developments negative to his presidency as “fake news,” brought upheaval to newsrooms already dismayed with Sinclair’s consistent interference to bring right-wing propaganda to local television broadcasts.

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/how-americas-largest-local-tv-owner-turned-its-news-anc-1824233490

I stopped watching those guys as soon as John Oliver did his piece on Sinclair last July.  Fox 25 is Sinclair's OKC affiliate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvtNyOzGogc

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2018, 01:03:23 pm »

I stopped watching those guys as soon as John Oliver did his piece on Sinclair last July.  Fox 25 is Sinclair's OKC affiliate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvtNyOzGogc

Tulsa is specifically mentioned:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGIYU2Xznb4

KTUL 8 was always the farm report station; the Muskogee station that happened to have its studio in Tulsa.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2018, 07:16:10 pm »

I saw Fox Fake News in OKC doing one of those about a week and a half ago one evening when I was stuck there.   Didn't know whether to laugh hysterically or go puke...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2018, 08:21:50 am »

I saw Fox Fake News in OKC doing one of those about a week and a half ago one evening when I was stuck there.   Didn't know whether to laugh hysterically or go puke...

Sinclair Broadcasting Orders Local Anchors To Record Bizarre 'Hostage' Video

In 2016, Jared Kusher, president’s son-in-law and adviser, said the campaign had struck a deal with Sinclair to give the network more access in exchange for running interviews with Trump without commentary, Politico reported.

“It was a standard package, but an extended package, extended story where you’d hear more directly from candidate on the issue instead of hearing all the spin and all the rhetoric,” Sinclair spokesman Scott Livingston told Politico at the time.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sinclair-anchors-script_us_5ac18d08e4b055e50acea0b6

TeeDub
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2018, 08:34:45 am »

You point on this is what again?   

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2018, 08:47:58 am »

You point on this is what again?   

Seriously?  So a media company forcing its anchors and affiliates to spew propaganda using must run segments about fake news when said media company employs the same tactics using fake news isn't even the least bit concerning?

Watch my link to John Oliver's segment a few posts above this.  You may not like his show, but watch the segment.  He rarely gets his sources wrong.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2018, 10:08:51 am »

An interview with a political personality is now propaganda now? So C-SPAN essentially propaganda as well?

I guess if you can prove they are scripting the questions, then I might buy it.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2018, 11:30:47 am »

An interview with a political personality is now propaganda now? So C-SPAN essentially propaganda as well?

I guess if you can prove they are scripting the questions, then I might buy it.

"Enhanced Access"?

When this happens in the context of an administration dedicated to keeping people stupid enough to believe all its lies, you have reached a critical mass driving the country inexorably toward the result of Mr. Madison’s great warning:

“A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both.”

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a19660484/trump-sinclair-propaganda/

Sinclair Hired Reporter From Russian Propaganda Outlet RT Who Produced ‘Must-Run’ ‘Deep State’ Segment
http://www.newsweek.com/sinclair-broadcast-group-must-run-deep-state-rt-russia-today-867029

TeeDub
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2018, 12:22:17 pm »

Instead I think I should take my cues from kids who aren't old enough to vote or drink?

Oh and who paid for their trips to march against the 2nd amendment again?   Because at 16, I can guarantee I didn't have enough money (or enough care) to go to DC and participate.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2018, 12:33:34 pm »

Instead I think I should take my cues from kids who aren't old enough to vote or drink?

Oh and who paid for their trips to march against the 2nd amendment again?   Because at 16, I can guarantee I didn't have enough money (or enough care) to go to DC and participate.

Yeah, because teenage highschool students marching because they'd rather not die in school in a mass shooting should be considered a bad thing?

What are your thoughts on the teacher walkout...oh never mind, I'm sure you're probably like the folks saying they should be in class teaching.

JFC.

TeeDub
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2018, 12:37:55 pm »

Yes, I think they should be teaching...     (Perhaps someone forgot to tell them $6,100/yr is a victory.)

Strange, do they walk out and march to protest opiate addiction and drug related deaths?   Auto accidents?   Anything else?   There is a much higher likelihood of any of those happening than school shootings.

I remember being in high school...  Any reason to get out of class was why we protested.
TeeDub
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2018, 12:45:43 pm »

Oh, and just for the sake of irony....

They led a national march. Now Parkland students return to a school they say 'feels like jail'
https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/01/us/parkland-florida-students-return-school/index.html

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2018, 01:43:45 pm »

So Sinclair traded off journalistic integrity, that ability to analyze and even fact check, for "enhanced access"?

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org