A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:23:42 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey MarkWayne...  (Read 15851 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« on: April 15, 2017, 05:30:25 pm »

..stick to cleaning out sewers, you dope.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/14/politics/markwayne-mullin-town-hall/index.html

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 06:31:13 pm »

One thing I have wondered, he's supposed to live in Westville by the Arkansas state line. That's a helluva commute to his company in Broken Arrow.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 11:40:00 am »

Well, I guess we can now say that MarkWayne is full of BullCrap.  He is so intimidated by a gray haired lady waving a red card that he cancelled his Tahlequah townhall afraid that she would show up.  He says he is paying for that health insurance that he will get for free forever. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 07:09:02 am »

One thing I have wondered, he's supposed to live in Westville by the Arkansas state line. That's a helluva commute to his company in Broken Arrow.

Kid on my daughter's team traveles all the way from Siloam Spring, AR at least three times a week, usually more. I'm just saying it's not completely inconceivable. Or the guy has two homes, and that is what he considers his primary.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 10:55:19 am »

MarkWayne didn't pay for that - he didn't build the company at all.  His daddy did.

Used to be a good company...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 03:13:21 pm »

Treason.

By either the dictionary definition or the US Constitution definition.   And Oklahoma just loves it.  Along with the 5 other participants from the OK delegation.

And James Langford with them on the other side.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2021, 03:46:57 pm »

Treason.

By either the dictionary definition or the US Constitution definition.   And Oklahoma just loves it.  Along with the 5 other participants from the OK delegation.

And James Langford with them on the other side.

Mullen and Hern are criminals here.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2021, 11:15:41 am »

The House Has Impeached Trump Again. Here's How House Members Voted
https://www.npr.org/sections/trump-impeachment-effort-live-updates/2021/01/13/956412385/the-house-has-impeached-trump-again-heres-how-house-members-voted

Mullin said, he first shouted “Shots fired! Shots fired!” then realized they weren’t.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/no-ones-to-blame-everyones-to-blame-for-capitol-riot-says-u-s-rep-markwayne/article_66ad2bca-5112-11eb-a2be-eb5d12a91226.html
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 12:56:10 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2021, 04:36:26 pm »

Mullen and Hern are criminals here.

Representing Oklahoma the way one would expect.

O days without a national embarrassment!

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2021, 08:46:36 pm »

Representing Oklahoma the way one would expect.
O days without a national embarrassment!

Markwayne Mullin threatened embassy staff as he tried to enter Afghanistan

The call to the U.S. ambassador to Tajikistan came in Monday. On the line, two U.S. officials said, was Rep. Markwayne Mullin (R-Okla.) with an unusual and urgent request: He needed assistance in transporting a huge amount of cash into the country, saying he was going to neighboring Afghanistan to rescue five American citizens, a woman and her four children, stuck in the country. They planned to hire a helicopter for the effort.

Mullin told the embassy that he planned to fly from Tblisi, Georgia, into Tajikistan’s capital, Dushanbe, in the next few hours and needed the top diplomat’s help, according to the two U.S. officials familiar with the incident, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to disclose private conversations about a sensitive matter.

The answer was no. Embassy officials told Mullin they could not assist him in skirting Tajikistan’s laws on cash limits on his way to visiting one of the most dangerous places on earth.

Mullin was outraged by the response, the officials said — threatening U.S. ambassador John Mark Pommersheim and embassy staff and demanding to know the name of staff members he was speaking with.

The episode marked Mullin’s second attempt to travel to Afghanistan in as many weeks for an unauthorized evacuation effort despite the perilous security environment. Last week, Mullin traveled to Greece and asked the Department of Defense for permission to visit Kabul. The Pentagon denied Mullin’s request, an administration official said.

Mullin’s behavior has alarmed top U.S. officials who say he has gone to extraordinary lengths to defy U.S. warnings. The attempt follows an unauthorized trip to Afghanistan by Reps. Seth Moulton (D-Mass) and Peter Meijer (R-Mich.) last week, which Pentagon and State Department officials criticized as a public relations stunt that sapped government resources during a national-security crisis.

As of late Tuesday, U.S. officials said they were unsure of Mullin’s location. Mullin’s office did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

“To say this is extremely dangerous is a massive understatement,” said a State Department official who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the sensitive situation.

The remaining U.S. troops in Afghanistan left on Monday, bringing an end to America’s longest war. The U.S. military helped evacuate more than 120,000 people, including U.S. citizens, allies and at-risk Afghans. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Monday that fewer than 200 American citizens remain in Afghanistan. The department suspended embassy operations and relocated its mission to Qatar, where diplomats are trying to find ways for the remaining Americans and at-risk Afghans in the country to leave.
Advertisement

The State Department reissued a Level 4 travel advisory for the country on Monday urging Americans not to travel there “due to civil unrest, armed conflict, crime, terrorism, kidnapping, and COVID-19.”

The State Department declined to comment on Mullin’s travel or interactions with the embassy. The White House declined to comment on Mullin but referred to press secretary Jen Psaki’s comments from last week urging Americans not to travel to Afghanistan.

Mullin, 44, grew up in Stilwell, Okla., where he was a standout wrestler and earned a scholarship to Missouri Valley College. Injuries derailed his athletic career, and at age 20, he took over his father’s plumbing business. He was also briefly a professional mixed martial arts fighter, and after being elected to Congress in 2012, he became known on the Hill for leading intense workout classes. A member of the conservative Republican Study Committee, Mullin voted against the certification of the 2020 election results.

Unlike Moulton and Meijer, Mullin did not serve in the U.S. military. He has been an outspoken critic of the Biden administration’s exit from Afghanistan.

“This is a sad day for our country,” Mullin said in a statement Monday night. “Americans have been stranded in Afghanistan by the Biden Administration and are now left to defend themselves from terrorists overrunning the country. One motto of our military is ‘leave no man behind.’ But today, that’s exactly what President Biden did.”

Mullin’s repeated attempts to enter Afghanistan follow multiple efforts by the Biden administration to dissuade members of Congress from traveling to the country after Moulton and Meijer’s unauthorized trip last week. The two members, who arranged for their own transportation into the country, said they wanted to provide oversight on the evacuation efforts at the airport. They eventually left on a flight used for evacuating Americans and Afghans.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) has issued several warnings against lawmakers trying to travel there.

“We don’t want anybody to think that this was a good idea and that they should try to follow suit,” she said last week.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) concurred: “I don’t think it’s smart for others to go,” he said last week. “You’re putting yourself — not just yourself, but you’re putting Americans — in harm’s way, if the military has to protect you, which they will do.”

On Tuesday, McCarthy went silent and walked away after being asked if he had spoken to Mullin or if he knew where the Oklahoman was.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/mullin-afghanistan-trip/2021/08/31/62f63bb0-0a90-11ec-a256-709238a1404d_story.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2021, 08:44:35 am »

He isn't known for brains.  Or conscience.  Or ethics.  How do genes go so bad, so fast??

But he will probably get a big re-election margin.  It's what we do here.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2021, 11:23:02 am »

How do genes go so bad, so fast??

Must be something in the water.   Grin

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2021, 12:15:21 pm »

Must be something in the water.   Grin

Lived next door to founder of Mullin Plumbing for couple of years.  He was ok.  Sonny?  Whew!  Train wreck.

Just looked deeper - all the propaganda says Markwayne and wife Christy, founded it in 1973.  Even though he wasn't born until 1977.   Talk about "stolen valor".

« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 12:19:46 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2022, 10:43:59 am »

Must be something in the water.   Grin

Second District Congressman and U.S. Senate candidate Markwayne Mullin says in a fundraising letter that the Biden administration “Without question … tried
to kill me” during his much-publicized trip to the Middle East last August.

He bitterly blamed the U.S. State Department for thwarting his efforts, although some reports say the Defense Department blocked the entry.
The expedition made international headlines after the Washington Post reported that Mullin threatened U.S. Embassy staff in Tajikistan after he was refused
help circumventing that country’s foreign currency limits. At one point it was hinted that he might be missing.

At the time, a State Department told the Washington Post that “to say this (Mullin’s foray) is extremely dangerous is a massive understatement.”

https://tulsaworld.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/mullin-fundraising-letter-claims-biden-administration-tried-to-kill-me/article_75a77de8-b69b-11ec-b02a-4f05b5276203.html

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2022, 08:41:00 am »

He isn't known for brains.  Or conscience.  Or ethics.  How do genes go so bad, so fast??
But he will probably get a big re-election margin.  It's what we do here.

The White House hit back at Republicans in an uncharacteristic manner Thursday by using its Twitter account to go after GOP lawmakers who are bashing President Joe Biden's move to cancel some student debt after they personally benefited from having Paycheck Protection Program loans forgiven during the Covid pandemic.

In a series of tweets, the White House highlighted several congressional Republicans — Reps. Vern Buchanan of Florida, Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia, Mike Kelly of Pennsylvania, and Markwayne Mullin and Kevin Hern of Oklahoma — who it said had six- and seven-figure PPP loans forgiven as part of a federal program intended to help those harmed by the coronavirus.

The White House also highlighted criticism and PPP loan forgiveness amounts from Mullin (more than $1.4 million) and Hern (more than $1 million).
Mullin responded to the White House on Twitter by saying Biden was unfairly targeting business owners for “protecting their employees” during the height of the pandemic.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/white-house-shines-light-republicans-are-criticizing-student-debt-canc-rcna44904

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org