A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:18:01 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scott Sutton Dismissed @ ORU  (Read 5399 times)
erfalf
City Father

« on: April 12, 2017, 09:50:55 am »

So does no one have thoughts on this matter. Or is it not one of the main players in town.

Disappointing in my opinion. I think ORU is now poised to have a lot of dreadful basketball seasons.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 12:42:37 pm »

So does no one have thoughts on this matter. Or is it not one of the main players in town.

Disappointing in my opinion. I think ORU is now poised to have a lot of dreadful basketball seasons.

It was quite Christian of them to not fire him to his face after being there 22 years. Letting him find out from news media is a real punk move. Screw ORU.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 01:29:08 pm »

It was quite Christian of them to not fire him to his face after being there 22 years. Letting him find out from news media is a real punk move. Screw ORU.

Swake, I can't believe I am saying this, but I totally agree with you 100%.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 02:14:26 pm »

I never brought it up as I was waiting to hear an explanation from Mike Carter as to why he was dismissed.  His statement talked about what a great family they are, etc. but nothing at all about why the sudden departure.  It’s not like there have not been more opportune or deserving times to have dismissed him in the past.  I’d thought good stewardship of the program and developing good young men was more important than the W/L record there.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 02:19:27 pm »

The TW reported that the new president in 2013 banned players with tattoos and required a new Christian purity test for recruits, so they started losing. That's not on Sutton. I wonder if they are going to end athletics, or go down from D1.

Still, tell Sutton to his face. Two decades of loyalty, turning down many other job offers. He's earned respect and didn't get it.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 04:20:25 pm »

I thought the leak was accidental
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 07:45:18 pm »

I thought the leak was accidental

Nothing is accidental.  Ever.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org