A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:19:17 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trash service getting worse?  (Read 3760 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: April 11, 2017, 12:42:45 pm »

I recently moved, twice actually, and maybe it's a difference in haulers but has anyone felt like their trash service has gotten worse?

I've had all sorts of issues recently. My recent favorite is when they were taking stuff out of my trash can and leaving it beside the can. When I called the city, the driver came back and said "There is metal in that bag, we don't take metal"
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 12:43:28 pm »

No issues on my street.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 03:30:07 pm »

I was just told they are confident that my issues, which have been ongoing since November are TOTALLY fixed this time.

Also, they ran out of recycling cans.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 08:02:11 pm »

Wrap your metal pieces with other stuff in an opaque plastic bag.  Add dog gifts if necessary.

Grin

rebound
City Father

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 08:42:36 am »

I've never had any issues since we moved to mid-town.  In fact, they have picked up some stuff (yard trash, in bags) that I was pretty doubtful about.  One time they did leave a bag, and to be fair it was about 80 lbs of tree limbs/logs. (I use white contractor bags,  can stuff a lot in them).   After they left it, I split it into two bags and they took it all next round.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org