A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:53:01 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greenwood losing itself?  (Read 2568 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: April 25, 2017, 05:06:35 pm »

Back in february the Greenwood board was fighting with the Greenwood Chamber:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/greenwood-chamber-meeting-canceled-after-restraining-order-filed-on-city/article_648cf6ca-59cb-53b8-8c61-9013b607c35d.html

I've read the Greenwood chamber ethnic makeup has changed recently, to be 50% white. The chamber controls the buildings east of the ballpark, and supposedly many longer-standing tenants are on the way out. Another rumor is the Schustermans are taking over the second floor.

I don't have first hand knowledge of any of this, I've just been reading a lot on Facebook and blogs, but that old saying about smoke makes me start to wonder if there is a fire. I am starting to wonder if the prime location of the Greenwood buildings has made them target for takeover. That could be very unfortunate.

Anyone else read about/have any knowledge or thoughts about this?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 10:28:24 pm »

Just finishing up what was started a few decades ago...finish the "urban renewal" process.

Sounds like what was done with Native Americans - send them someplace no one wants...Oklahoma.  Discover "oil" or the equivalent modern real estate fortune.  Take it away as much as possible.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 05:58:48 am »

Just finishing up what was started a few decades ago...finish the "urban renewal" process.

Sounds like what was done with Native Americans - send them someplace no one wants...Oklahoma.  Discover "oil" or the equivalent modern real estate fortune.  Take it away as much as possible.

Jesus wept....

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 07:48:10 am »

Jesus wept....

Is that a real sentiment...??   

I'm going with "yes"...  There may be a glimmer of hope yet.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org