A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:40:57 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bicycle License  (Read 6529 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« on: April 05, 2017, 04:51:50 pm »

While browsing through the River City Trading Post in Jenks last Saturday, I saw a Schwin girl's 3 speed bicycle. it had two City of Tulsa Bicycle License stickers on it.  They were dated 1971 and 1973.  Any of you (other) old timers remember them?

I didn't see a price on the bicycle.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 05:00:59 pm »

TPD would visit the elementary schools and do a bike inspection including a portable rolling road to check the brakes. Think it was $.50 or $1.00 for two years. The number on the sticker was logged with the serial number so that if the bike was stolen they would know who owns it. Think it ended around 1975 or 1976.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 07:28:04 pm »

While browsing through the River City Trading Post in Jenks last Saturday, I saw a Schwin girl's 3 speed bicycle. it had two City of Tulsa Bicycle License stickers on it.  They were dated 1971 and 1973.  Any of you (other) old timers remember them?

I actually had them in two subsequent years...74 and 75 I believe, on my old banana seat yellow Schwinn I rode until it fell apart.  I remember those stickers.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 08:39:47 pm »

I actually had them in two subsequent years...74 and 75 I believe, on my old banana seat yellow Schwinn I rode until it fell apart.  I remember those stickers.

Stingray?

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 09:02:48 pm »

Stingray?

Yes! It was actually.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 09:29:10 pm »

I do believe my brother's Schwinn Varsity still has a 1975 sticker on it.  I do recall those quite clearly.  Part of the reasoning was to be able to identify the owner of a bicycle if a stolen one was found as I recall.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 05:51:01 am »

Sure do....!!!

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 06:35:20 am »

I do believe my brother's Schwinn Varsity still has a 1975 sticker on it.  I do recall those quite clearly.  Part of the reasoning was to be able to identify the owner of a bicycle if a stolen one was found as I recall.

And actually it worked; mine got stolen one summer.  Granted it took almost four months before I got it back, but I DID get it back.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 10:25:00 am »

You all are old. Smiley
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 10:59:34 am »

Had them on my Vista...always stuck the new one over the old.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017, 11:00:25 am »

You all are old. Smiley

Nothing new...we been telling you that already!   See what you missed by not being born 30 years earlier...?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2017, 12:37:49 pm »

Nothing new...we been telling you that already!   See what you missed by not being born 30 years earlier...?

The Korean War?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2017, 02:03:40 pm »

The Korean War?

Yeah.  Well, I missed that one, too,...a little bit young.  But had relatives who got to enjoy that little piece of heaven...

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2017, 07:16:47 pm »

You all are old. Smiley

I haven't denied that for a long time but the Korean War was before my time.  I am a Viet Nam era veteran but do not claim Viet Nam Vet since I didn't go to Nam.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org