A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:03:47 am
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All Souls Moving Downtown - 6th/7th Frankfort/Kenosa  (Read 42597 times)
Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2022, 12:02:23 pm »

If one were to combine those lots and the Nordam site. Now then you would have a LOT of land for a project. Just speculating about Brickhugger+Ross doing a project together.

Seems like a natural partnership.

The highway access makes it seem like a no-brainer for big multi family mixed use. It will be very interesting to see what they have planned.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2022, 03:42:45 pm »

You've got it right, and I should have been more clear.  The subsidiary of Ross Group has acquired TWO full city blocks from the McElroy Manufacturing group, whose principal Peggy McElroy sat on the board of trustees of All Souls until she passed away in 2019.  A sub of the McElroy group was acting as the holding company for the land.  Anyway -

Ross Group now owns the city block bounded by 6th, 7th, Frankfort, and Kenosha (where the Fields Down Randolph building once stood) AND the city block bounded by 5th, 6th, Elgin, and Frankfort (where the Tulsa Coliseum once stood).  These blocks are diagonal from each other across the intersection of 6th and Frankfort. 

Makes sense now. It's just when I see a reference to Coliseum and Tulsa that's the first place I think of. I had to go back and re-read the Brookside thread a couple of times and look things up on Google maps regarding the discussion of the new development at 36th & Peoria because I had Brookside Church and All Souls backwards as to their locations on Peoria.

Buying up a full city block does imply that there is a big development planned, and from reading here about Ross Group in general it sounds like a positive that will hopefully start taking shape soon.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2022, 05:03:38 pm »

A soccer specific stadium bumped up right against the highway on the SE corner of the Nordam site surrounded by structured parking and mixed use housing/retail around the stadium on the rest of the Nordam site and these two blocks would be very nice and make a lot of sense.  A TIFF could be done to fund the stadium and rework the street grid as needed.

It would basically complete the East Village.
Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2022, 09:47:48 pm »

A soccer specific stadium bumped up right against the highway on the SE corner of the Nordam site surrounded by structured parking and mixed use housing/retail around the stadium on the rest of the Nordam site and these two blocks would be very nice and make a lot of sense.  A TIFF could be done to fund the stadium and rework the street grid as needed.

It would basically complete the East Village.

It just makes too much sense.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2022, 11:43:24 am »

If one were to combine those lots and the Nordam site. Now then you would have a LOT of land for a project. Just speculating about Brickhugger+Ross doing a project together.

The structure is there for a complete neighborhood. I hope it involves small and midscale projects and not another mega apartment with the bare minimum of effort into ground level retail. A soccer stadium would also be excellent if there are plans to surround it with other projects like at the baseball stadium.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2022, 01:25:34 pm »

The structure is there for a complete neighborhood. I hope it involves small and midscale projects and not another mega apartment with the bare minimum of effort into ground level retail. A soccer stadium would also be excellent if there are plans to surround it with other projects like at the baseball stadium.

There's already another site that the soccer ownership group is looking at - I personally don't think where they are proposing to build it is a good idea. It's north of 244, and North Tulsa already resents the ballpark and BMX, not sure adding a soccer stadium is a great idea but what do I know.

The East Village site could definitely work for a stadium too, you'd be tearing down a lot of buildings though to do it. Personally, I think a stadium around 18th & Main would be an interesting spot. Would likely have to close Main but it doesn't exactly carry a lot of traffic right now anyways.

I think the Nordam site could have something really cool done from renovating the buildings. Brickhuggers is likely very capital constrained for a while, they off loaded several assets (Vandever building, Detroit lofts building, that hotel by OSU Med, etc.). What I've been told by several people is they did several things in the renovations of the YMCA building that pissed off the historic tax credit people and they lost the HTCs for the project. That was around the time they started selling assets, likely to cover the loss of the HTCs on the YMCA building. I think all they own now is that building, the Mayo Hotel, and the Nordam site.

I would like to see it evolve in an incremental development scenario as well, but not sure when Brickhuggers will move to do anything with the Nordam site.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org