A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:02:29 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All Souls Moving Downtown - 6th/7th Frankfort/Kenosa  (Read 42606 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2017, 12:25:24 pm »

Interesting.   Just had a quick look at those six houses.  the church already owns five of the six.   That last guy may be a hold-out?

I would hope they are not aggressively pushing him to sell - being nice would seem to be more their style. 

And if I were running the show, I would not go ahead and blast the other houses around him either, thereby destroying his neighborhood....  Wait until he or his heirs are ready/willing to sell.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2017, 02:54:45 pm »

I would hope they are not aggressively pushing him to sell - being nice would seem to be more their style. 

And if I were running the show, I would not go ahead and blast the other houses around him either, thereby destroying his neighborhood....  Wait until he or his heirs are ready/willing to sell.

If they're moving downtown, that might indicate they've given up on expanding where they're at. However, who knows what would happen if they sell the church.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2017, 02:59:00 pm »

It would be a shame to see the church torn down but I could see it happening for infill housing on that lot.  All of those areas around the Gathering Place will only continue to go up in value.  I wish I already owned real estate in Maple Ridge and West Brookside.

It's a very nice looking church but without a buyer, that could be 16+ lots in a prime location by Brookside and the Gathering Place that could likely get ~$200k/lot or more (so $3.2 million excluding the 5 extra houses they own). The tax records say it is worth $2.8 million, but might be much larger and more valuable than what it says with addons/expansions.

It might be a toss up for them between demolishing and parting lots or selling the church to another church that might run into the same issues down the line. I'm sure the neighbors would prefer it be demolished and turned into housing. If houses similar to new ones going in for the neighborhood are built, that would add about $141,000/year in taxes (~$9.4 million taxable value including land). Big gain for Tulsa and the area schools.

Or some rich person could buy it and convert it into a massive house! I bet a creative architect could make it work. People have converted old churches to homes all over the world and it can look brilliant when done well.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2017, 03:33:51 pm »

It's a very nice looking church but without a buyer, that could be 16+ lots in a prime location by Brookside and the Gathering Place that could likely get ~$200k/lot or more (so $3.2 million excluding the 5 extra houses they own). The tax records say it is worth $2.8 million, but might be much larger and more valuable than what it says with addons/expansions.

It might be a toss up for them between demolishing and parting lots or selling the church to another church that might run into the same issues down the line. I'm sure the neighbors would prefer it be demolished and turned into housing. If houses similar to new ones going in for the neighborhood are built, that would add about $141,000/year in taxes (~$9.4 million taxable value including land). Big gain for Tulsa and the area schools.

Or some rich person could buy it and convert it into a massive house! I bet a creative architect could make it work. People have converted old churches to homes all over the world and it can look brilliant when done well.

I could see that happening.  Similar to what they're doing at 28th & Peoria and the old Barnard Elem. site. 

onehandoneheart
Citizen

« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2018, 04:33:55 pm »

All Souls recently unveiled the concept for their new downtown church in a video presentation to congregants. Along with the video release, they've formally launched a capital campaign to raise funds for the construction of the new building, with the hope that it will be completed in time to celebrate the church's centennial in 2021.

Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf0gH_ZZBk0

I haven't been able to find any static concept images to include. There was a floor plan on display on the day of the presentation but I didn't manage to get any photos of it.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2018, 08:32:47 am »

Cool, I was wondering about this project.  Here are some snaps from the video:

The corner of 6th & Frankfort

6th Street frontage from Kenosha to Frankfort

Looking west down 6th

At night at 7th & Kenosha, it definitely will enhance that entrance into downtown

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2018, 01:21:53 pm »

The wall gives a "compound" vibe
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2018, 02:30:23 pm »

The wall gives a "compound" vibe

I was thinking the same thing, especially along 6th.  Some metal railings on top of the retaining walls would help.  I guess they have to account for the grade change from Frankfort to Kenosha.

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2018, 10:52:50 am »

Cool, I was wondering about this project.  Here are some snaps from the video:

At night at 7th & Kenosha, it definitely will enhance that entrance into downtown

It looks nice overall. As usual, a church will be a bit of a block-killer for pedestrian friendly or lively, but much better than a parking lot. This looks like a very expensive and thus long-term vision. With the turtle's pace of development in the hands of a few big-money developers, I'd be happy with just about anything over all the empty lots.

They can make quite a bit if they sell of their current land to the right developer to turn into mansion lots. Lots are worth around $200k near the old church so they should be able to get several million from their existing properties.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2018, 01:54:46 pm »

It looks nice overall. As usual, a church will be a bit of a block-killer for pedestrian friendly or lively, but much better than a parking lot. This looks like a very expensive and thus long-term vision. With the turtle's pace of development in the hands of a few big-money developers, I'd be happy with just about anything over all the empty lots.

They can make quite a bit if they sell of their current land to the right developer to turn into mansion lots. Lots are worth around $200k near the old church so they should be able to get several million from their existing properties.

I wonder if selling off the land on Peoria is part of the capital stack for this project?  It definitely makes sense and would be a very desirable infill housing site in Maple Ridge.

Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2022, 08:57:40 pm »

The land All Souls was going to build on was sold to an entity named "Coliseum Fire LLC," which appears to be associated with Ross Group, in June of last year.  Ross Group bought the multi-parcel property for $4 million.  That's serious scratch.  Could this be the next be multifamily/mixed use development announcement for downtown?  Ross Group doesn't sit on properties - they develop them.  Something's coming to that corner of downtown.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2022, 10:25:10 pm »

The land All Souls was going to build on was sold to an entity named "Coliseum Fire LLC," which appears to be associated with Ross Group, in June of last year.  Ross Group bought the multi-parcel property for $4 million.  That's serious scratch.  Could this be the next be multifamily/mixed use development announcement for downtown?  Ross Group doesn't sit on properties - they develop them.  Something's coming to that corner of downtown.

"Coliseum Fire LLC", interesting name. Isn't that also the lot where the Tulsa Coliseum stood until it burned down in 1952?

ETA: My mistake, I was thinking of the lot NW of the one All Souls was going to move to.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 10:49:06 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2022, 06:38:49 am »

"Coliseum Fire LLC", interesting name. Isn't that also the lot where the Tulsa Coliseum stood until it burned down in 1952?

ETA: My mistake, I was thinking of the lot NW of the one All Souls was going to move to.

You've got it right, and I should have been more clear.  The subsidiary of Ross Group has acquired TWO full city blocks from the McElroy Manufacturing group, whose principal Peggy McElroy sat on the board of trustees of All Souls until she passed away in 2019.  A sub of the McElroy group was acting as the holding company for the land.  Anyway -

Ross Group now owns the city block bounded by 6th, 7th, Frankfort, and Kenosha (where the Fields Down Randolph building once stood) AND the city block bounded by 5th, 6th, Elgin, and Frankfort (where the Tulsa Coliseum once stood).  These blocks are diagonal from each other across the intersection of 6th and Frankfort. 
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2022, 10:29:53 am »

That is very intriguing. To pay that much for a lot means they have a huge project in mind. That side of town is pretty empty though, so it would need to be a comprehensive mixed use project to really be successful and liven things up. The highway access is pretty good though, so it should be a valuable spot.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2022, 11:21:17 am »

That is very intriguing. To pay that much for a lot means they have a huge project in mind. That side of town is pretty empty though, so it would need to be a comprehensive mixed use project to really be successful and liven things up. The highway access is pretty good though, so it should be a valuable spot.

If one were to combine those lots and the Nordam site. Now then you would have a LOT of land for a project. Just speculating about Brickhugger+Ross doing a project together.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org