A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:12:27 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling All Unicorns  (Read 14614 times)
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 12:29:21 pm »

What establishment is this?

Pioneer Woman's Mercantile

KTUL aired a story on Monday re how it's been such a boom for Pawhuska
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 12:31:51 pm by BKDotCom » Logged
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2017, 01:15:29 pm »

Pioneer Woman's Mercantile

KTUL aired a story on Monday re how it's been such a boom for Pawhuska

Its like the new Rustic Cuff.  All the glitter jeans crowd is going nuts.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2017, 01:33:52 pm »

Its like the new Rustic Cuff.  All the glitter jeans crowd is going nuts.

Same crowd that likes unicorns?
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2017, 01:46:35 pm »

Same crowd that likes unicorns?

I think you'll find a large portion of Oklahoma thinks alcohol is devil juice.  So no.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2017, 02:16:48 pm »

I think you'll find a large portion of Oklahoma thinks alcohol is devil juice.  So no.

Or, a large portion tell their church friends it's devil juice, then vote yes on State Question 792
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2017, 04:13:19 pm »

'Corns are like, the deadliest animal.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2017, 12:22:11 pm »

Or, a large portion tell their church friends it's devil juice, then vote yes on State Question 792

"Why don't I take baptists fishing?  It I take two of them, none of us drink.  If only take one, he drinks all my beer."

rebound
City Father

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2017, 12:33:28 pm »

I'd guess a store selling nothing but a particular kind of bracelets would be a fail.  Or a designer home goods store in a small town in rural Oklahoma.  Or a bicycle themed bar in a dead part of a dying downtown.  Or any number of ventures that I don't realize how big the potential market is or have the knowledge or drive to make it work.

Then again, one turned into a sizable brand name, one draws headlines with how busy they are, and one is an absolute legend in its target market.

Maybe a unicorn bar will fail.  But my guess is the people who have worked in the nightclub business and are putting their own money in have a better grasp at the chances than we do.  It doesn't sound like we are the target market here...

I also (as strange as the concept seems to me...) wish them well.  But your comparison of Pioneer Woman and Rustic Cuff doesn't work.  Both of those physical locations are primarily successful based on their National exposure from other sources. The unicorn bar won't have that.   Soundpony is a closer comparison, but still it's not exactly the same.   Soundpony is a standard dive bar with a cycling theme.  Even non-riders aren't uncomfortable in Soundpony.   I do suspect that there will be a significant portion of the populace that won't be as comfortable with a shiny unicorn bar. 

But if there are enough comfortable people to keep them in business, then rock on.  Diversity is cool.

DTowner
City Father

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2017, 01:06:10 pm »

I don’t know if it’ll succeed or fail, but something other than another brew pub/sports bar theme seems like a good idea.  Also, in my observation, if ladies show up at this place, guys will follow.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2017, 01:10:59 pm »

I don’t know if it’ll succeed or fail, but something other than another brew pub/sports bar theme seems like a good idea.  Also, in my observation, if ladies show up at this place, guys will follow.

Somebody told me they don't want guys in there.  If you read their model their goal is girl time with no guys.  You can't really choose who shows up to your place. But if you purposefully give bad service to people it will work itself out.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 01:12:57 pm by CharlieSheen » Logged
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2017, 01:28:33 pm »

Somebody told me they don't want guys in there.  If you read their model their goal is girl time with no guys.  You can't really choose who shows up to your place. But if you purposefully give bad service to people it will work itself out.

That’s fine too, if that’s what they want.  However, economics usually wins out over ideology.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2017, 03:17:15 pm »

Cutting out 49% of possible clientele seems like poor planning.   
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2017, 05:04:50 pm »

"Why don't I take baptists fishing?  It I take two of them, none of us drink.  If only take one, he drinks all my beer."

Or....(and I understand the joke)

Take two.  Declare one of them as the designated driver and enjoy your beer without having to share.

Grin

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2017, 09:28:15 pm »

Cutting out 49% of possible clientele seems like poor planning.   

Never a good thing that is becoming more common....

Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2017, 10:20:32 pm »

Maybe a unicorn bar will fail.  But my guess is the people who have worked in the nightclub business and are putting their own money in have a better grasp at the chances than we do.  It doesn't sound like we are the target market here...

The glittery unicorn bar might fail.  It might be a great success.  

I was inside Electric Circus only once, for a few seconds.  It seemed a bit depressing and boring to me, but that's just my perspective.

The idea of a unicorn bar seems ridiculously stupid, but again, that's only my perspective.  The whole concept sounds worthless and inane to me.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org