A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:36:28 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Dragonfly Inn  (Read 5321 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« on: March 17, 2017, 07:50:19 pm »

For those of you who know me personally, you already know this.  For those of you who don't:

After 51 years in Tulsa I moved with my wife to Cimarron, NM this week.  We purchased a bed & breakfast last summer which had been used more recently as a private residence for the previous five years.  Situated on a two acre plot, we have four good sized guest rooms with room for up to ten guests, an indoor pool and hot tub, very nice work out equipment for guest use, comfortable common areas, a new guest outdoor courtyard coming mid-summer, and unlimited outdoor adventures and sight-seeing opportunities here in the area.

Of course conventional amenities like satellite TV and free wi-fi are standard.

Almost as important as the place being very comfortable is my wife is an amazing cook, so breakfasts will not be a stale Lender's frozen bagel, a glass of OJ, and rubber hard boiled eggs.  We will do traditional as well as Southwest breakfasts and fusion things like our New Mexican Eggs Benedict which is a fried or poached egg over slow smoked pulled pork smothered in Hatch green chile sauce and shredded cheddar served atop a corn cake (we are working on perfecting corn cakes in a waffle iron).  Our focus is on whole ingredients without preservatives and minimal processing.  

There is an abundance of hiking, biking, and exploring opportunities, hunting (elk, mule deer, wild turkey, etc.) world- class trout and northern pike fishing.  The mule deer and turkeys regularly cross our property which overlooks the Cimarron River below.  We are close to Angel Fire and Red River for winter and summer sports.  Cimarron is also a really neat historic area as it once was a major outpost on the Santa Fe Trail.  

Our goal is to be your base of operations for a memorable vacation for a few days, a week, or Huh

Making this even more Tulsa-centric is our place is four miles from Villa Philmonte which was Waite Philips' vacation home which later became Philmont Scout Ranch.  Our place in Tulsa was about four miles from Philbrook so call us WP stalkers.  We like to joke that Ted Turner is our neighbor since the southern reaches of his Vermejo Park Ranch comes within a 1/4 mile of our property.

Follow us on Facebook at Blue Dragonfly Inn.  As soon as our web site is operational in a few weeks it is www.bluedragonflyinn.com.

Blue Dragonfly Inn, LLC
600 W. 18th St.
Cimarron, NM. 87714
(575)425-0005

We are doing a soft opening from June to early August at a reduced rate.  We will start accepting bookings for this summer and beyond by April 1 or slightly earlier.  Standard room rates after the soft opening will be in the $125-$145/night range with discount breaks at three nights and 7 nights.

Feel free to call or PM me from here for June-Aug. 2017 rates and availability.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 08:47:04 pm »

Congratulations....Just an awesome thing all around....

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 07:15:11 am »

Congratulations! Here's to your success!

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 08:22:08 am »

Wonderful!  And best wishes to you both on your new venture!

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 08:53:39 am »

I was wondering, do the hosts enjoy sharing tasty beer with guests or is this a tea club?   Cheesy

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 09:09:15 am »

I was wondering, do the hosts enjoy sharing tasty beer with guests or is this a tea club?   Cheesy

We are planning an evening HH with guests (under the legal auspices of NM of course!), NM allows B & B owners to serve a couple of complimentary glasses of wine or pints of beer to guests.  New Mexico does have some really good wines I’d be proud to share.

I’m trying to figure out if I will be able to serve my homebrew to guests since there would be no specific charge for that.  Sure would help having a great attorney who knows how to navigate such things.  Grin

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
joiei
City Father

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 08:42:58 pm »

Congratulations and enjoy your retirement 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 03:56:25 pm »

Are the blue dragonflies the male of the specie?

Power is nothing till you use it.
nmoky
Citizen

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 03:41:25 pm »

I've not been active in the forum lately, just ran across your post. Congrats on the latest adventure. Hope you're enjoying NM. Wish you the best. A co-worker of mine is out there this week with his son backpacking at the Philmont Scout Ranch.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 03:45:07 pm »

M

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 03:54:25 pm »

I've not been active in the forum lately, just ran across your post. Congrats on the latest adventure. Hope you're enjoying NM. Wish you the best. A co-worker of mine is out there this week with his son backpacking at the Philmont Scout Ranch.

Thank you! I had a guy from Glenpool who is at Philmont for a couple of weeks come up to me this afternoon while we were in town who noticed the Oklahoma tag on my Bronco and wanted to know where we were from. 

We feel very privileged to be here in Philmont country.  We have had some really great guests stay with us who are either out here on Philmont business or here picking up or dropping off a camper or visiting a staffer.

We even got a call for a booking from someone in Arkansas who was Googling places to stay in Cimarron and she said she came across this post on TNF.  How’s that for reach, Admin?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org