A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 18, 2020, 07:22:15 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Protected bike lanes coming to downtown  (Read 6367 times)
buffalodan
Citizen

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2020, 11:11:48 am »

We've been designing a lot of campuses around the country, and they are all trying to figure out what the next 5 years will even bring. This is a great concept, but it really just harks back to that the city needs to have at least one person that is keeping their pulse on trends. Scooters didn't start in Tulsa. We all knew that they were coming, just that the city didn't have a method to respond to them in the time it took them to go from LA to Tulsa. The "next thing" is going to be the same. Whether that is drone delivery, driverless cars, or some new segway, the city needs to be thinking about how it can be nimble and prevent those things from coming in and causing the bad type of mayhem.

I would say that I would like to hear how the city wants to be at the front of that, but I don't see us doing that. So lets go for at least learning from others.

As for the bike lanes, I think it is an important step. Providing space for bikes/scooters/etc lets them know that the city is starting to think of them. At the end of the day, the safest bike places tend to be areas where bikes are common. So that should be a big part of the goal.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org