A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:08:10 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I-44 and US-75 Interchange  (Read 19120 times)
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2020, 08:21:10 am »

I stopped by the ODOT open house meeting last night. I was surprised at how limited each work package is. They were showing off "work package 1" which is simply widening from the river to a bit past Union. So they aren't even getting all the widening done at once - there will be a period of time when I44 merges from 3 to 2 lanes for half a mile before hitting the I44/244 split.

The 75/44 interchange will be even more ridiculous after the widening. You should take a look at how the ramps and merge lanes are squeezed in. They aren't going after any additional right-of-way. Most of the interchange project isn't funded yet and is currently forecast for 2027 unless a bunch of grants come in... so that's going to be an annoying wait.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2020, 10:08:13 am »

I guess the state is voting on this next week...

https://ktul.com/amp/news/local/most-expensive-highway-project-in-tulsa

Here's the type of interchange I would have liked to see (only with 75 going above the ring)

works with the existing topography / reduces the number of entrance/exit ramps on I-44 and 75 / reduces 75 going down into the valley so much

edit:  never mind / looks cool / seems like it should work

This three-level roundabout just outside Leeds, England, is perhaps most famous for how poorly it works, causing standstills during rush hour. The interchange was built in the 1970s, and has been unable to sustain traffic loads that pass through the area.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 10:29:15 am by BKDotCom » Logged
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2020, 11:11:40 am »

I'm not sure I understand where all the expense is coming from to make it the most expensive project ever. Surely the portion on the East side that was finished years ago would have cost more. This is a small section, and from the plans they presented in January they are merely widening it to three lanes in both directions with a few overpass replacements. They are already almost done with one of the largest set of bridges that was started as a separate project. They aren't even acquiring any new right of way from what I saw, it's all squeezed in. Maybe they have changed plans once again from what they presented in the open house.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2020, 01:27:12 pm »

I'm not sure I understand where all the expense is coming from to make it the most expensive project ever. Surely the portion on the East side that was finished years ago would have cost more. This is a small section, and from the plans they presented in January they are merely widening it to three lanes in both directions with a few overpass replacements. They are already almost done with one of the largest set of bridges that was started as a separate project. They aren't even acquiring any new right of way from what I saw, it's all squeezed in. Maybe they have changed plans once again from what they presented in the open house.

Am I understanding correctly that the flyover interchanges are NOT part of this first phase of work, that it's just widening the highway from the interchange to the bridge and rebuilding the bridges over Mooser Creek?  When will they rebuild the 75/44 interchange?

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2020, 01:52:43 pm »

Am I understanding correctly that the flyover interchanges are NOT part of this first phase of work, that it's just widening the highway from the interchange to the bridge and rebuilding the bridges over Mooser Creek?  When will they rebuild the 75/44 interchange?

ODOT has the next phase on the schedule for 2027.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2021, 08:24:46 am »

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/watch-now-i-44-u-s-75-traffic-tie-ups-to-continue-but-project-on/article_596066d2-957b-11eb-9864-37ceaaa4df85.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

I got excited seeing the piers go up for the flyovers, but apparently they aren't going to be finished as part of this project, they are just building them for the future... lol. At least that means the flyover building phase will go much quicker.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2021, 04:59:00 pm »

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/watch-now-i-44-u-s-75-traffic-tie-ups-to-continue-but-project-on/article_596066d2-957b-11eb-9864-37ceaaa4df85.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

I got excited seeing the piers go up for the flyovers, but apparently they aren't going to be finished as part of this project, they are just building them for the future... lol. At least that means the flyover building phase will go much quicker.

Hey 2027 will be here before we know it!   Wink  Seriously though I wonder if there can be any stimulus money that goes toward speeding up construction of this interchange?  Similar to how the TIGER funds sped up the rebuild of the double-decker 244 bridge?

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2021, 03:17:07 pm »

It's pretty wild to see those column supports for the flyovers already in place.  These are the ones that I presume will take NB 75 to WB 44 over Mooser Creek. 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org