A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2019, 09:31:26 am
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PAC Trust selects developer  (Read 45838 times)
shavethewhales
Activist

« Reply #240 on: December 14, 2018, 11:17:11 am »

Wow, this is hugely exciting. Rarely do we see the renderings improve this dramatically, especially this late in the process. It seems like a wildly bullish gamble on downtown housing, but I assume the tide is really starting to turn in that favor.
Laramie
Philanthropist

« Reply #241 on: December 14, 2018, 11:53:29 am »

Looks good. Looks like a hotel and condos.

Question though, is the First Place Tower melting in the second photo?

Awesome, this will be a great get for Tulsa. Glad to see development in both of Oklahoma's two largest cities.  An exciting time for Tulsa, my son lives in T-town, I plan to send him these pics.

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #242 on: December 16, 2018, 04:18:46 pm »

Looks good. Looks like a hotel and condos.

Question though, is the First Place Tower melting in the second photo?

Looks like someone wasn't paying attention when using the Photoshop "magic eraser" tool.   But yea, will be amazed if this development actually happens.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #243 on: December 17, 2018, 05:18:41 am »

Looks like someone wasn't paying attention when using the Photoshop "magic eraser" tool.   But yea, will be amazed if this development actually happens.

That's pretty funny.  And in the first photo, the residential tower seems to be floating in midair.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #244 on: December 17, 2018, 12:04:30 pm »

I'm all for ambitious developments like this but hope this is not simply a placeholder for something that isn't actually feasible.  I agree this site deserves a high quality project with some height and density but if it's a 12 story apartment tower and starts next year I'd take that over a 21 story tower that doesn't start for several years or ever.  I remember the last time Tulsa had a 20+ story residential tower proposed at 21st & Main in the early 2000's..

And I do hope a grocery can still be part of this development, that is absolutely key to creating more residential density in the area.  3rd St needs retail activation, less so on Cincinnati, Detroit and 2nd but there should be something at the corner of 2nd & Detroit.

This F&C project in Cincinnati looks great: http://flco.com/company-properties/4thandrace/
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 12:10:19 pm by SXSW » Logged

ELG4America
Citizen

« Reply #245 on: December 31, 2018, 12:53:31 pm »

Did anyone get a response from Flaherty & Collins?
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #246 on: March 21, 2019, 03:10:47 pm »

I saw this pic on FB from St Paddy's Day taken from the rooftop bar at the Indigo.  Made me think how much better this view would be with this development taking over that huge parking lot.  Fingers crossed this one can get off the ground, and hopefully will still include a full service grocery store.

AdamsHall
Activist

« Reply #247 on: March 21, 2019, 04:33:26 pm »

I saw this pic on FB from St Paddy's Day taken from the rooftop bar at the Indigo.  Made me think how much better this view would be with this development taking over that huge parking lot.  Fingers crossed this one can get off the ground, and hopefully will still include a full service grocery store.

Cosentino's in KC's Power & Light District would be a nice grocery store addition.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org