A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:57:13 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pedestrian Bridge  (Read 139688 times)
bacjz00
Civic Leader

« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2017, 01:37:38 pm »

I'm a little disappointed that neither of the 2 designs which had "iconic" towers or arches made the final cut as I believe a bridge that can be spotted from far away would be a very good focal point and a draw for visitors to Tulsa.   All 4 of the final designs are very low profile and IMO none of them are going to be very visible from anywhere other than the immediate area.   4 has the most potential maybe and is more unique, but honestly it's just a little too out there for my tastes.   I dunno.  Just wouldn't have minded seeing a little more height or "grandness" in the final designs

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2017, 02:19:08 pm »

I'm a little disappointed that neither of the 2 designs which had "iconic" towers or arches made the final cut as I believe a bridge that can be spotted from far away would be a very good focal point and a draw for visitors to Tulsa.   All 4 of the final designs are very low profile and IMO none of them are going to be very visible from anywhere other than the immediate area.   4 has the most potential maybe and is more unique, but honestly it's just a little too out there for my tastes.   I dunno.  Just wouldn't have minded seeing a little more height or "grandness" in the final designs

Hey there's still hope for that with the future 41st St bridge.  Who knows when/if that will get built though.   Smiley

Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2017, 02:19:23 pm »

They may have been trying to avoid interfering with the views of downtown from the South(west).
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2017, 04:41:41 pm »

Here are a couple I liked and didn't make it:

Tri-arch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZV7YOZi_SU

KKT Design #2 (which I like better than the one that got through): https://t.co/BqMFzieHiO
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2017, 09:22:29 am »

KKT Design #2 (which I like better than the one that got through): https://t.co/BqMFzieHiO

I like both of those better than any in the final four! Maybe they were out of budget?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2017, 08:07:07 pm »

I like both of those better than any in the final four! Maybe they were out of budget?

Only thing I can guess.
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2017, 08:57:38 pm »

This would have nicely complemented The Gathering Place's land bridges....
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2017, 07:50:08 am »

Tri-Arch was really, really nice. Tying in the new, the old, and providing shade and sun.
I can't believe it didn't make it.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2017, 08:16:05 am »

Tri-Arch was really, really nice. Tying in the new, the old, and providing shade and sun.
I can't believe it didn't make it.

$$$
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2017, 09:47:28 am »

$$$
++ but way cool!

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2017, 10:15:48 am »

I hadn't seen this night-time rendering of #4.  Starting to like this one more but want to know more about the material selection for the decorative fins.  I'll guess we'll know soon..

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2017, 11:02:32 am »

Looks 'unkempt'.  Disjointed and not quite finished.

Not elegant or pretty at all.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2017, 11:18:16 am »

I overheard someone discussing this at a downtown bar over the weekend. They kept calling it "The Glowing Earthworm Bridge"
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2017, 12:05:24 pm »

I think it looks awesome at night. The lighting and reflection would really make it stand out. That is a blurry image. It looks far more refined in the better-quality image. It could probably use some refinement to make it look a bit more wavy and smooth at some points, but the concept really stands out.

This one is maybe slightly better quality (mostly just scaled so you can see it without it being as blurry):
https://www.facebook.com/KKTArchitects/photos/a.549088211790683.123933.160491340650374/1562996913733136/?type=3
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2017, 12:14:25 pm »

The Tri-arch one was an amazing concept. It does look expensive. Looks sort of like some of the things they've done with bridges and parks along the river in Brooklyn.

Speaking of NYC, it would be neat if the design could incorporate some of the things they did for the High Line in NYC: https://www.google.com/search?q=high+line+nyc&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwju5qT7173TAhUH64MKHawzCHAQ_AUICCgB&biw=1478&bih=953#imgrc=_
It might be one of the best pedestrian bridges in the world. It incorporated an old raised rail tracks and turned them into a brilliant walking path lined with green space and lots of common areas.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org