A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:02:12 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spaghetti Warehouse closing Mar 2017  (Read 32788 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2018, 02:26:29 pm »

Pretty vague details so far so not much to discuss.  I had once heard WPX was thinking about moving to the Santa Fe Square office tower.

If WPX is indeed buying the whole block and builds a new mixed-use HQ in those vacant buildings and on the parking lots then that is a major win for the Arts District and will spur additional development.  Excited to hear more as the details emerge. 

I though it was Laredo going into Santa Fe Square?
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2018, 03:08:32 pm »

I don’t see how 400 people fit into the Spaghetti Warehouse building.  I also wonder if the water damage from last winter’s burst pipe makes this building cost prohibitive to rehab.

With Santa Fe Square and the planned building across from Oneok Field, it seems there ought to be enough space (assuming either gets built timely) to accommodate WPX without having to take the risk of building its own building.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2018, 08:03:43 pm »

I don’t see how 400 people fit into the Spaghetti Warehouse building.  I also wonder if the water damage from last winter’s burst pipe makes this building cost prohibitive to rehab.

With Santa Fe Square and the planned building across from Oneok Field, it seems there ought to be enough space (assuming either gets built timely) to accommodate WPX without having to take the risk of building its own building.

Having Guthrie Green across the street from your office would be a perk.  I agree though no way they all fit in a rehabbed Spaghetti Warehouse, but they could fit that many if they built out the entire block. 

Re: Laredo I had heard that too, but also WPX and Midstates Petroleum (that was before their failed merger with Sandridge).

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2018, 09:13:15 am »

I noticed that the building is boarded up. 

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2018, 11:03:18 am »

Hides the drug production
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2018, 07:33:36 am »

All the great development in downtown and the building that made it through all the hard times is boarded up.
Sad and it looks just awful Sad
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2018, 09:23:45 am »

All the great development in downtown and the building that made it through all the hard times is boarded up.

Keep it from getting banged up any more than it has.  Hopefully.

Not pretty.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2018, 09:48:59 am »

I wonder if this means they are going to be renovating soon.

AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2018, 03:01:33 pm »

I wonder if this means they are going to be renovating soon.

This is what I was thinking too.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2018, 03:19:52 pm »

Since they announced they were closing I had thought about what if a single developer were to buy the entire block and renovate the two buildings on the north side (incl. Spaghetti Warehouse) into offices and build new apartments or condos on the parking lot on the south side then connecting the buildings with an activated alleyway in between.  There is a project in Denver that just completed where they did this with existing and new buildings and created a cool alleyway space called Dairy Block:

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2018, 04:15:17 pm »

I think Spaghetti Warehouse was finished around 1991 or 1992 so at least most of the mechanical should be up to code or close and fully sprinkled.  I'd think a renovation of the space would be a good deal less than others which had little more than a slab and bare brick to start with. 

It won't sit vacant long unless there are any legal issues with it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2018, 05:53:42 pm »

Since they announced they were closing I had thought about what if a single developer were to buy the entire block and renovate the two buildings on the north side (incl. Spaghetti Warehouse) into offices and build new apartments or condos on the parking lot on the south side then connecting the buildings with an activated alleyway in between.  There is a project in Denver that just completed where they did this with existing and new buildings and created a cool alleyway space called Dairy Block:

I like that!

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2018, 08:41:45 pm »

I think Spaghetti Warehouse was finished around 1991 or 1992 so at least most of the mechanical should be up to code or close and fully sprinkled.  I'd think a renovation of the space would be a good deal less than others which had little more than a slab and bare brick to start with. 

It won't sit vacant long unless there are any legal issues with it.

Don't forget, it and the warehouse next door have already been bought, but not by a developer, WPX Energy. It seems they have plans to move.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/energy/report-wpx-energy-to-buy-former-spaghetti-warehouse-building/article_9f7ff2fa-f3d9-5bd5-ad14-1f5f336a63d0.html
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2018, 02:42:35 pm »

I was just there so excuse all of the Denver references but for comparison this new building just outside downtown Denver is built for 200 employees of BP's Lower 48 HQ.  It takes up about the size of the half block parking lot on the Spaghetti Warehouse block.  No one really knows if this is intended for all of WPX's ~400 Tulsa employees or as a second downtown location for a certain division with fewer employees.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 11:06:12 am by SXSW » Logged

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2018, 09:28:12 am »

Don't forget, it and the warehouse next door have already been bought, but not by a developer, WPX Energy. It seems they have plans to move.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/energy/report-wpx-energy-to-buy-former-spaghetti-warehouse-building/article_9f7ff2fa-f3d9-5bd5-ad14-1f5f336a63d0.html

I didn't know they also own the warehouse next door.  Is it the one that abuts Guthrie Green?  That's a lot of prime underutilized real estate.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org