A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:53:08 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spaghetti Warehouse closing Mar 2017  (Read 32761 times)
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2017, 08:33:55 am »

Some other positives (if true):  some people are only comfortable eating somewhere familiar.  Still others are excited for certain chains and will go out of their way to go there.  If a Cheddars makes more people comfortable downtown and/or draws more people, then bring it on.  (so long as they don't want to tear down the old brick building for a new shiny tilt up)

I agree. As long as they keep the building, a chain would be fine there. It is replacing a chain anyways. Downtown has a lot of local places and very small franchieses. It could probably use a couple big name franchises to bring in a different crowd (and keep people around who are going to Drillers/BOK events).

It would be neat if they could turn the 2nd floor into office or residential space and have the restaurant be just on the bottom floor but I am guessing a big part of the appeal to a new tenant would be the large space.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2017, 10:31:55 am »

Random thought, but what would work great in there is one of the Pappas'  restaurants out of Houston.  A chain, yes, but a destination-type chain, and pretty high-end.  Papacito's or Papadeaux's would, I think, fit really well there.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2017, 11:50:32 am »

Random thought, but what would work great in there is one of the Pappas'  restaurants out of Houston.  A chain, yes, but a destination-type chain, and pretty high-end.  Papacito's or Papadeaux's would, I think, fit really well there.

Love me some Papadeaux's

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2017, 12:38:49 pm »

Love me some Papadeaux's

Something we agree on.  I lived in Houston for 3 years in the nineties and ALL of their restaurants were great.  Pappas Seafood, Pappsita's, and Pappadeaux.  Tried my first bite of alligator from them.  Not sure how much they've changed in 25 years though.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2017, 12:45:06 pm »

Something we agree on.  I lived in Houston for 3 years in the nineties and ALL of their restaurants were great.  Pappas Seafood, Pappsita's, and Pappadeaux.  Tried my first bite of alligator from them.  Not sure how much they've changed in 25 years though.

Lived/worked in Dallas for a stretch, not far from the Pappadeaux on Oak Lawn. I mean, it's not the greatest food on the planet, but it is always really good. And I'm partial to cajun food to start so...

Been about 5 years though so I guess things could have changed.

I certainly don't know them all, but I don't ever recall seeing a Pappas restaurant in a reclaimed space. They were always constructed as restaurants with parking and everything.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2017, 03:29:37 pm »

Downtown Tulsa dining: cool concepts with inconsistent results and so-so service.

Agreed. I've eaten at a lot of downtown places once. The one place I frequented most burned down. Most of the locals can't handle a crowd, and many others seem to eschew crowds by getting too stuck up with their concept. Basically every Elliot Nelson restaurant is under a different menu and operating model today than when it opened. Those that don't adapt usually close (Lucky's on the green, Back Alley, White Flag the first time, the 3 restaurants that were at 6th and Boston before Lasalle's, etc.)
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2017, 02:30:43 pm »

That would be amazing!!
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2018, 08:09:33 pm »

WPX Energy reportedly is buying this building for an expansion.  Not sure if they are moving people from the Tower here or just opening another location, anyone know?  Hopefully they redevelop the parking lot along Brady.

http://www.newson6.com/story/38233867/wpx-energy-to-expand-into-tulsa-arts-district

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2018, 03:49:26 pm »

WPX Energy reportedly is buying this building for an expansion.  Not sure if they are moving people from the Tower here or just opening another location, anyone know?  Hopefully they redevelop the parking lot along Brady.

http://www.newson6.com/story/38233867/wpx-energy-to-expand-into-tulsa-arts-district

I hope they don't tear it down. I can't imagine that building is big enough for them.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2018, 07:07:19 pm »

I hope they don't tear it down. I can't imagine that building is big enough for them.

Maybe they have plans to expand into the adjacent building and parking lot.  More development around Guthrie Green.

From KOTV:
A Tulsa energy company is considering plans to take over the old Spaghetti Warehouse building in downtown Tulsa, and possibly the neighboring building and parking lot.

We know WPX Energy is under contract to buy the old Spaghetti Warehouse, but when asked to confirm they have contracts on the surrounding property, they sent a statement reading:

“WPX is a locally-based energy company that employs more than 400 people in Tulsa. Our office space is located in the Williams Tower where we have a lease that expires in 2022. Prior to that time, we’re evaluating a number of options for our longer-term company headquarters. We are in the preliminary stages of this process. No decisions have been made.”
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 09:09:39 pm by SXSW » Logged

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2018, 10:06:34 am »

Well of course WPX must be considering building a new tower.  Grin

Honestly how this option hasn't been mentioned on an urban development thread at this point is pretty disappointing.

I am of course joking, but it is a bit surprising that hasn't been thrown out there yet. Our expectations must be thoroughly tamped down by now.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2018, 11:36:00 am »

Well of course WPX must be considering building a new tower.  Grin

Honestly how this option hasn't been mentioned on an urban development thread at this point is pretty disappointing.

I am of course joking, but it is a bit surprising that hasn't been thrown out there yet. Our expectations must be thoroughly tamped down by now.

You may be too young, but there was a short bit on MadTV called "Lowered Expectations".   Always expect the worst, then can be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't happen...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2018, 11:56:08 am »

Our expectations must be thoroughly tamped down by now.

I was hoping for spaghetti.  :-(

But seriously, when I think of a lively downtown I think more of eateries and less of office space.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2018, 01:24:07 pm »

Pretty vague details so far so not much to discuss.  I had once heard WPX was thinking about moving to the Santa Fe Square office tower.

If WPX is indeed buying the whole block and builds a new mixed-use HQ in those vacant buildings and on the parking lots then that is a major win for the Arts District and will spur additional development.  Excited to hear more as the details emerge. 

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2018, 01:33:42 pm »

I hope their planning to renovate existing structures.  But with today's trends it's probably just the land to build a super fancy new building with plenty of parking.  Or maybe we can get a super cool mixed use complex, like this gem.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org