A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:10:20 am
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Andolini's and others  (Read 48149 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #135 on: November 06, 2017, 05:09:58 pm »

Yeah, but your wallet is squeaky.

I don't deny that.

Grin

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #136 on: November 06, 2017, 05:23:39 pm »

I love being waited on.

I understand that but it's not something I particularly look forward to.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #137 on: November 06, 2017, 05:32:26 pm »

If that is what you actually eat for lunch (whether you bring it or buy it), that is excellent.  My first thought about the "two slices" wasn't related to cost, but was related to calories. 

That has been my weekday lunch for decades.  A few years ago, my doctor threatened to put me on medicine to reduce my cholesterol. I had to start being more careful about weekend lunch and snacks.  It worked.
I like pizza but it doesn't like me, at least with the works for toppings.  I've probably had a half dozen slices of pizza in the last 3 or 4 years.  One thing I do miss is the Italian Special Hoagie at Jay's Hoagies.  My saturated fat feasts now very occasionally consist of some homemade Gumbo, Jambalaya, Red Beans and Rice, 15 Bean soup with pork shank, and I have made one batch of Crawfish Etoufee which turned out pretty good.  One of my coworkers is from Cajun country and he has helped me with my recipes.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #138 on: November 07, 2017, 12:57:33 pm »

Yes, I go to Albert G's far more than I go to Burn Co because I mostly go for dinner. I like Albert G's a lot. I prefer Burn Co but I don't typically want to wait in line or drive to the Jenks location.

I have Smokies on my list of must-try places but haven't been yet.

Backfill moment - additional input...  I have been "kinda" ragging on Five Guys in Tulsa because there are burger places I think are much better.  However... in Moore, Norman, there are no better choices.  There is a Five Guys on 19th street, Moore that I have been to probably a couple dozen times since they opened a few years ago.  About the 4th or 5th time we were there, a lady drove through the store front in her hurry to get to the burgers!  Luckily, the bags of potatoes stopped her...I see now that those have been moved around, so less protection from anxious hungry diners!

Also one in Norman that I have been to only a couple of times.  There is a Torchy's Tacos across the street from them, so who can resist that choice when right there...??

They are the only realistic burger choice in that area.  I hear about a place somewhere in north OKC, but can't remember the name and don't have time at lunch usually when in the area...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #139 on: November 07, 2017, 12:58:30 pm »

That has been my weekday lunch for decades.  A few years ago, my doctor threatened to put me on medicine to reduce my cholesterol. I had to start being more careful about weekend lunch and snacks.  It worked.
I like pizza but it doesn't like me, at least with the works for toppings.  I've probably had a half dozen slices of pizza in the last 3 or 4 years.  One thing I do miss is the Italian Special Hoagie at Jay's Hoagies.  My saturated fat feasts now very occasionally consist of some homemade Gumbo, Jambalaya, Red Beans and Rice, 15 Bean soup with pork shank, and I have made one batch of Crawfish Etoufee which turned out pretty good.  One of my coworkers is from Cajun country and he has helped me with my recipes.

Across the board - Yum!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #140 on: November 08, 2017, 09:20:51 am »

When I have pizza, and that is not near as often as it used to be, I eat the topping and skip the carbs in the crust. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #141 on: November 08, 2017, 09:36:35 am »

When I have pizza, and that is not near as often as it used to be, I eat the topping and skip the carbs in the crust. 

Where's the fun in that?   Wink

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org