A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:50:04 am
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Andolini's and others  (Read 48143 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2017, 06:18:37 pm »

Forgive me for being skeptical of a stranger on the internet, but this just hammers it home that you might be delusional. Thinking you can make better pizza than Andolini's (arguably the best in Tulsa),  better BBQ than one of the best in the state and better burgers than one of the best burger joints. Either you're a professional-level chef who never cooks at home or you're full of it.

And Fat Guys is not overpriced. You must be thinking of somewhere else. Their burgers are $4-$8 and are big enough to feed 2 people. Their regular size fries are more than enough for 2 for a couple bucks. When we go there (which is fairly often), it ends up being $10-$15 for a large meal for 2! That is about as cheap as it gets for a burger joint.

Lol....

You like Andolini's better than Tucci's??   Whew...!

Fat Guy's... the one 'under' the bridge on Greenwood...?     Bill's make better burgers.   (I put Ron's on the same level of Fat Guy's - pretty good but not best - but I do like their fries!)

Sgrizzle, getting your money's worth of entertainment yet??

Burn Co - best in state...??   Whew!   Again.   Yeah, they are good.  Far from best.  What that would show is that any place can find a dedicated following who find it their favorite.  Prime example is El Charro in Claremore - TexMex - that is RAVED about by people there and has some of the worst slop to be served in this state.  I wouldn't feed it to the farm animals.  Luckily Burn Co is much better than that!  Still not best...

Again, I am not saying they aren't good, because they are.  Others are better.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2017, 06:23:46 pm »

That shopping center has great food.

Villa Ravenna Italian
Margaret's German
Yutaka Japanese Buffet
Beef Capital Steakhouse
Ron's Hamburgers
The original Mazzio's Pizza
The original Billy Sims BBQ
Great Harvest Bakery
Katy's Pantry
Anduini's Italian Market
STG Gelateria

We went to Yutaka buffet about 3 months ago and I forgot to mention it at the time - it was a disaster!  We went middle of the afternoon about 4 pm.   Everything looked and smelled great, but when we started to eat, literally every single cooked item was room temperature!   Could not believe it.  Did not stay.  Have not been back.  Was sorely disappointed 'cause we are still looking for a really good Chinese buffet - don't even require great, just want good!! 

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2017, 08:38:10 pm »

It will be interesting to try some of these places over the next week while I'm there. See if they live up to what people claim. And to save the BS claims, I'll include a photo of the bill.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2017, 08:47:54 pm »

Sgrizzle, getting your money's worth of entertainment yet??

rebound
City Father

« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2017, 07:17:34 am »

We went to Yutaka buffet about 3 months ago and I forgot to mention it at the time - it was a disaster!  We went middle of the afternoon about 4 pm.   Everything looked and smelled great, but when we started to eat, literally every single cooked item was room temperature!   Could not believe it.  Did not stay.  Have not been back.  Was sorely disappointed 'cause we are still looking for a really good Chinese buffet - don't even require great, just want good!! 

Is there any such thing as a "really good Chinese buffet"?   Or for that matter, "really good (insert type of food here) buffet"?  Buffets and cafeterias can product "OK" food, but not really good.  JMHO.

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2017, 09:48:16 am »

Lol....

I did not say anything about Tucci's. Simply that Andolini's is "arguably the best in Tulsa". Many people feel that way based on it being the highest rated pizza place in the Tulsa area.

Fat Guy's... the one 'under' the bridge on Greenwood...?     Bill's make better burgers.   (I put Ron's on the same level of Fat Guy's - pretty good but not best - but I do like their fries!)

Yes, Bill's might be better, but I didn't even bring up Bill's. and I said "one of the best burger joints". Again, based on many others' reviews which rank it one of the best in Tulsa.

Burn Co - best in state...??   Whew!   Again.   Yeah, they are good.  Far from best.  What that would show is that any place can find a dedicated following who find it their favorite.  Prime example is El Charro in Claremore - TexMex - that is RAVED about by people there and has some of the worst slop to be served in this state.  I wouldn't feed it to the farm animals.  Luckily Burn Co is much better than that!  Still not best...

I said "one of the best in the state" and, again, that is based on many others' reviews which put it near the top in the state. I've been to almost all of the top-rated BBQ joints in Oklahoma and have never waited in lines like Burn Co and never had BBQ quite like that.

You must not read very well, huh? Your counter argument was a red herring, misinterpreting what I said. My point was there is no way you make better food than all of those highly rated places. Maybe in your own very-unique opinion, but if you really believe that, that would be because you have the most unique taste buds around and don't enjoy what any normal person does so your opinion wouldn't really be relevant anyways.

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2017, 09:53:39 am »

Is there any such thing as a "really good Chinese buffet"?   Or for that matter, "really good (insert type of food here) buffet"?  Buffets and cafeterias can product "OK" food, but not really good.  JMHO.

Not really. And for the same $10-$13 price, you can get a great filling meal at many far-better places. Yutaka was decent the 2 times I went (food was warm at least!), but was pretty much like a typical Chinese buffet plus sushi. In my opinion, the only reason to eat at a buffet is if that is the only meal you'll eat that day or you regularly require several meals worth of food to be full so it's the most frugal option.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2017, 11:47:43 am »

I did not say anything about Tucci's. Simply that Andolini's is "arguably the best in Tulsa". Many people feel that way based on it being the highest rated pizza place in the Tulsa area.

So, I was curious about this.  Looked up Pizza Restaurants in both Google and Yelp.   Here's Google's ratings:

[ (xxx) is the number of reviews ]

Andolini's Food Truck   5.0    (1)
East Village Bohemian Pizzeria   4.7     (137)
Talliano's Pizzeria & Subs   4.7     (28)
Blaze Pizza   4.6     (103)
Andolini's Pizzeria   4.6     (505)
Umberto's   4.6     (99)
Hideaway Pizza   4.5     (247)
Hideaway Pizza   4.5     (71)
Top That! Pizza   4.5     (38)
Pie Hole Pizzeria   4.4     (107)
Andolini's Sliced   4.4     (208)
NYC Pizza   4.4     (167)
hey mambo   4.3     (148)
Elgin Park   4.3     (201)
Marios NY Style Pizzeria   4.2     (74)
Papa Murphy's Take 'N' Bake Pizza   4.2     (25)
Naples Flatbread Kitchen & Bar on Denver Avenue   4.2     (93)
Tucci's   4.1     (55)
Cicis   4.0     (231)

I tried to do the same for Yelp, but some of the restaurants (Tucci's, for example) don't come up when you search "Pizza".  But, Andolini's is near the top there, also.

For the record, put me down as an East Village guy.  Love that place.

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2017, 12:34:45 pm »

So, I was curious about this.  Looked up Pizza Restaurants in both Google and Yelp.   Here's Google's ratings:

I think Zomato offers the best critical reviews for restaurants and seem to focus more on the food. Far more votes than the other review sites also.

Here is a list of top-rated restaurants in Tulsa:
https://www.zomato.com/tulsa-ok/best-restaurants
Here is the top-5 from that list:
1. Kilkennies (Cherry St) 4.9 (2436 votes!)
2. Fat Guy's Burger Bar (downtown) 4.8 (1313 votes)
3. Old School Bagel Cafe (Brookside) 4.7 (819 votes) (Sorry, heronymous makes far better bagels!)
4. Andolini's Pizzeria (Cherry St) 4.6 (1152 votes)
5. Burn Co BBQ (Boston Ave) 4.6 (864 votes)

Umbertos is also in the top-10. The other places I listed are in the top-30 or so.

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2017, 12:48:19 pm »

Burn Co - best in state...??   Whew!   Again.   Yeah, they are good.  Far from best. 

On Zomato, the #1 restaurant review site, Andolini's is the highest rated pizza place in Oklahoma. Fat Guy's is the highest in Tulsa and 2nd highest rated burger place in Oklahoma (just behind the famous Nic's in OKC) and Burn Co is the highest rated BBQ place in Oklahoma. Each of those has over 1,000 reviews.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2017, 12:57:21 pm »

Yelp has zero credibility.
Are there real unsolicited reviews on Yelp?  Maybe.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2017, 01:03:19 pm »

Yelp has zero credibility.
Are there real unsolicited reviews on Yelp?  Maybe.

I agree. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2017, 01:17:03 pm »

So, I was curious about this.  Looked up Pizza Restaurants in both Google and Yelp.   Here's Google's ratings:

[ (xxx) is the number of reviews ]

Andolini's Food Truck   5.0    (1)
East Village Bohemian Pizzeria   4.7     (137)
Talliano's Pizzeria & Subs   4.7     (28)
Blaze Pizza   4.6     (103)
Andolini's Pizzeria   4.6     (505)
Umberto's   4.6     (99)
Hideaway Pizza   4.5     (247)
Hideaway Pizza   4.5     (71)
Top That! Pizza   4.5     (38)
Pie Hole Pizzeria   4.4     (107)
Andolini's Sliced   4.4     (208)
NYC Pizza   4.4     (167)
hey mambo   4.3     (148)
Elgin Park   4.3     (201)
Marios NY Style Pizzeria   4.2     (74)
Papa Murphy's Take 'N' Bake Pizza   4.2     (25)
Naples Flatbread Kitchen & Bar on Denver Avenue   4.2     (93)
Tucci's   4.1     (55)
Cicis   4.0     (231)

I tried to do the same for Yelp, but some of the restaurants (Tucci's, for example) don't come up when you search "Pizza".  But, Andolini's is near the top there, also.

For the record, put me down as an East Village guy.  Love that place.

Lets review your list
Andolini's food truck gets first place with ONE review.  Bogus
East village, I had such a bad experience last Mother's day.  Service SUCKED, food was okay
Talliano's, never heard of it.
Blaze, I have heard good and bad from people I trust
Andolini's, depends on which one you go to, mine is 15th street
Umberto's, very dependable, the first decent pizza I found when I moved here almost 20 years ago.
Hideaway, depends on which one you go to.  My worst experience, as I was walking up to the door at Kingspoint, the manager locked the door while looking at me.  I will never go back since that seems to be their corporate idea.
Top That, why is a bake your own in this list?
Pie Hole, had origins from Tucci's.  It has been a while since I went to that part of town to get a pizza
Sliced, it is on my list to check out.
NYC, way better than the QT across the street to grab a slice to go. 
Hey Mambo, have you had pizza from the trailer on Wednesdays when it is at American Solera, perfect.
Elgin Park, meh, huge but just meh.
Papa's, once again why is a bake it yourself place on this list?
Mario's, haven't been there in probably 15 years, so no idea.
Naples, no.
Tucci's, it is not a pizza place, it is an Italian restaurant that serves a pizza and has been for longer than all of those newbies on 15th street.  I usually order the chicken scallopini or now they have the cioppino as a weekend special.  Best .
Cici's,  might as well order domino's delivered.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2017, 01:42:09 pm »

Lets review your list
Andolini's food truck gets first place with ONE review.  Bogus
East village, I had such a bad experience last Mother's day.  Service SUCKED, food was okay
Talliano's, never heard of it.
Blaze, I have heard good and bad from people I trust
Andolini's, depends on which one you go to, mine is 15th street
Umberto's, very dependable, the first decent pizza I found when I moved here almost 20 years ago.
Hideaway, depends on which one you go to.  My worst experience, as I was walking up to the door at Kingspoint, the manager locked the door while looking at me.  I will never go back since that seems to be their corporate idea.
Top That, why is a bake your own in this list?
Pie Hole, had origins from Tucci's.  It has been a while since I went to that part of town to get a pizza
Sliced, it is on my list to check out.
NYC, way better than the QT across the street to grab a slice to go. 
Hey Mambo, have you had pizza from the trailer on Wednesdays when it is at American Solera, perfect.
Elgin Park, meh, huge but just meh.
Papa's, once again why is a bake it yourself place on this list?
Mario's, haven't been there in probably 15 years, so no idea.
Naples, no.
Tucci's, it is not a pizza place, it is an Italian restaurant that serves a pizza and has been for longer than all of those newbies on 15th street.  I usually order the chicken scallopini or now they have the cioppino as a weekend special.  Best .
Cici's,  might as well order domino's delivered.

This isn't my list, this is a cut/paste from Google Maps when you search for "Pizza" in Tulsa,  ordered in descending rating order.  There is/was a location column I could have added, but I didn't want to clutter the entry any more than it already was.

I haven't been to a lot of these either, and I also don't agree with the rating of some of them. (CiCi's, to cite one example that I agree with you on, how is it even on the list?)

But I do notice that you slam a couple of these because of your own personal, and sometimes single, experience.   For example,  I'm sorry you had a bad experience at East Village,  but I've been there numerous times and it's always been very good to me.  (And, given the overall ratings not only on Google, but also Yelp, others apparently feel the same way.)

On Andolini's,  I agree with you on location.  I have to admit that I've never been to the one on 15th.  I hear it is very good, but I have been to other locations and have always thought it was "OK", at best.  But, based on this string today, I'm going to hit the 15th st location and see what all the fuss is about.

Hideaway.  I went to OSU and am old enough to remember the second (but not the original old house) location, so am a little biased.  I think the Tulsa locations are pretty solid, but can't match the original. 

Pie Hole.  Did not know about the origins from Tucci's, so thanks. (I've never eaten at Tucci's)  But, Pie Hole is good pizza.  Have never had a bad experience.

"Hey Mambo, have you had pizza from the trailer on Wednesdays when it is at American Solera, perfect."
Leaving your entire comment because you are exactly right.  Have done that twice recently, and very good.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2017, 02:19:21 pm »

This isn't my list, this is a cut/paste from Google Maps when you search for "Pizza" in Tulsa,  ordered in descending rating order.  There is/was a location column I could have added, but I didn't want to clutter the entry any more than it already was.

I haven't been to a lot of these either, and I also don't agree with the rating of some of them. (CiCi's, to cite one example that I agree with you on, how is it even on the list?)

But I do notice that you slam a couple of these because of your own personal, and sometimes single, experience.   For example,  I'm sorry you had a bad experience at East Village,  but I've been there numerous times and it's always been very good to me.  (And, given the overall ratings not only on Google, but also Yelp, others apparently feel the same way.)

On Andolini's,  I agree with you on location.  I have to admit that I've never been to the one on 15th.  I hear it is very good, but I have been to other locations and have always thought it was "OK", at best.  But, based on this string today, I'm going to hit the 15th st location and see what all the fuss is about.

Hideaway.  I went to OSU and am old enough to remember the second (but not the original old house) location, so am a little biased.  I think the Tulsa locations are pretty solid, but can't match the original. 

Pie Hole.  Did not know about the origins from Tucci's, so thanks. (I've never eaten at Tucci's)  But, Pie Hole is good pizza.  Have never had a bad experience.

"Hey Mambo, have you had pizza from the trailer on Wednesdays when it is at American Solera, perfect."
Leaving your entire comment because you are exactly right.  Have done that twice recently, and very good.

I've been to Elgin Park now a few times, and while they can be overpriced, their garlic parmesan wings are simply amazing.  As is their Bacon Love pizza.  Keep in mind that EP does pizza differently than most place (theirs is New Haven style pizza).  I like the vibe there and their house brewery is pretty tasty (although they're not licensed to do anything over 4.0ABV yet).

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org