A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:58:03 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Andolini's and others  (Read 48148 times)
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2017, 10:22:27 am »

Andolini's rumored to be opening up a location in the old Wolfgang Puck's space....

Nope.
Torchy's Tacos
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2017, 10:40:22 am »

I....ummm.....huh. Well, that name doesn't make me think of food.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2017, 10:54:52 am »

Does "Burn-Co"?
How about "Lone Wolf"?

it is "Torchy's Tacos"
johrasephoenix
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2017, 11:15:40 am »

Torchy's is great.  When I lived in Austin the Torchy's on South First was next to a cake / ice cream food truck where they would mix ice cream and cake in a blender and make a cake cream smoothie.  It probably had 3,500 calories per serving. 

I kind of wish it was going downtown, but at the same time I do like this almost-all-local thing we have going on in the entertainment districts. 
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2017, 03:41:17 pm »

You are gonna LOVE Torchy's!!!

There is one in Moore that I get to go to on occasion - very good occasions!

Oh, and Dunkin' Donuts is coming... heard that again, so went there Monday while I was in the neighborhood, and got some donuts just to celebrate!!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 03:43:12 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2017, 09:35:24 pm »

Saw that.  I hope it works, that location seems to have the kiss of death.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2017, 10:39:28 pm »

Saw that.  I hope it works, that location seems to have the kiss of death.

If Torchy's fails, the location is officially cursed.  Torchy's is awesome.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2017, 05:33:43 am »

Oh, and Dunkin' Donuts is coming... heard that again, so went there Monday while I was in the neighborhood, and got some donuts just to celebrate!!

Somehow we have gone from 10 tulsa area locations in 2017 to 1 in BA
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2017, 07:50:30 am »

If Torchy's fails, the location is officially cursed.  Torchy's is awesome.

I keep hearing this location is cursed.  Could someone explain that reasoning?

If I understand it, Delta Cafe's lease wasn't renewed so that Wolfgang could move in.
Wolfgang apparently did well, but was mismanaged?
Hop Bunz' overpriced meh-burgers with poor service would have failed anywhere.
TulsaB
Tourist

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2017, 09:16:57 am »

I keep hearing this location is cursed.  Could someone explain that reasoning?

If I understand it, Delta Cafe's lease wasn't renewed so that Wolfgang could move in.
Wolfgang apparently did well, but was mismanaged?
Hop Bunz' overpriced meh-burgers with poor service would have failed anywhere.

I agree.

I can't speak to Wolfgang, but for Hop Bunz I heard mixed reviews and I never really wanted to go out of my way to support them as the idea was a knockoff of the delicious HopDoddy in Austin (lawsuit - http://kxan.com/2015/03/25/hopdoddy-sues-hop-bunz-for-copying-their-restaurant/). Also, I kept hearing that the prices were fairly high for a burger, but they were not great and not as good as HopDoddy, so I never really cared to go.

On the other hand, I love Torchy's. They have creative tacos, and they have great breakfast tacos as well. Tulsa needs breakfast tacos (also, check out T-Town Tacos for breakfast Tacos downtown, the proceeds go to a great cause)!

Basically, I never cared to go to Hop Bunz, but I can't wait to go to Torchy's. I know I don't speak for everyone, but I don't think that I am alone here.
kingsy
Citizen

« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2017, 09:17:43 am »

Hopefully the new Torchy's works out.  The bad thing about that spot is how big it is.  Landlords are trying to get a maximum per square foot on their properties.  Margins for restaurants are already thin.  If someplace has a huge footprint, but isn't turning over tables every night, it's going to have a hard time making it.  If Torchy's doesn't work out, I would hope there would be some thought to at least splitting up the building so two restaurants could go in.

Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2017, 09:55:33 am »

check out T-Town Tacos for breakfast Tacos downtown

Where is that?

Also, might be time to change the title of this thread or start a new one....
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2017, 10:26:12 am »

T-Town Tacos is a food cart, downtown. Rotates where they set up each morning
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2017, 10:36:11 am »

I agree.

I can't speak to Wolfgang, but for Hop Bunz I heard mixed reviews and I never really wanted to go out of my way to support them as the idea was a knockoff of the delicious HopDoddy in Austin (lawsuit - http://kxan.com/2015/03/25/hopdoddy-sues-hop-bunz-for-copying-their-restaurant/). Also, I kept hearing that the prices were fairly high for a burger, but they were not great and not as good as HopDoddy, so I never really cared to go.

On the other hand, I love Torchy's. They have creative tacos, and they have great breakfast tacos as well. Tulsa needs breakfast tacos (also, check out T-Town Tacos for breakfast Tacos downtown, the proceeds go to a great cause)!

Basically, I never cared to go to Hop Bunz, but I can't wait to go to Torchy's. I know I don't speak for everyone, but I don't think that I am alone here.

I went a few times. It was okay.

Just saw it was another James Blacketer joint. He basically bought out a failing Atomic Burrito in Tulsa, did passable for a couple years, then sold them to a Qdoba franchisee. Used the money to start a horrible Los Cabos at 71st & Garnett which lasted a couple of months, then rebooted the name in Jenks and BA to seemingly decent success. Waterfront Grill is also his.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2017, 10:54:55 am »

Somehow we have gone from 10 tulsa area locations in 2017 to 1 in BA

Was in the area, so stopped at Moore location again this morning!  Yum!   Not a fan of the rest of their food...just donuts!

Probably good they are not in Tulsa area - would be there every morning, between Tulsa, BA, and Moore...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org